Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Shame they didn't just quit. The more hardcore guilds leave the less they whine about the game being improved for casuals. The game can get by just fine without any of them.
    A post complaining about complainers.

Hmm
    Spike Flail - US Mal'Ganis | Currently 11/11 M | Art by ElyPop

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    "The Fly and the Chariot", by Aesop

There was a chariot racing around the stadium, and on that chariot sat a fly. As a great dust arose, both from the pounding of the horses' hooves, and also from the turning of the wheels, the fly exclaimed, "Oh what a mighty dust I have stirred up!"
    And this, ladies and gents, is the single greatest post that has ever graced these forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    How did this reach 5 pages?

Why do you people care about a guild/people that you will never be involved with?
    isnt that like saying " why do people care about celebrities? Or any sports team? etc.etc
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    isnt that like saying " why do people care about celebrities? Or any sports team? etc.etc
    I feel bad for those that compare a guild to a sports team.

And I don't even like sports.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    The mats + gold in Method's gbank could be worth millions of gold, so even at $0.50 / 1000 gold it's still worth quite a bit of real life money.
    Nothing was taken from gbank, the hacker just thought it would be funny to kick the entire guild.

Which worked out great since we got a free casuals/inactives cleanup

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    And this, ladies and gents, is the single greatest post that has ever graced these forums.
    Uh, I'm pretty sure that isn't the greatest post ever on the boards.

- - - Updated - - -

Shame they didn't just quit. The more hardcore guilds leave the less they whine about the game being improved for casuals. The game can get by just fine without any of them.
    Except they aren't the ones "whining about the game being improved for casuals". And most hardcore guilds don't. Most of the hate in WoW comes from the "casuals". But you don't want to think that's the case so you can justify your blind hate for guilds that have absolutely nothing to do with you. It's people like you that need to split. Not casuals, but passive/aggressive children that think they're raging against the machine because they're bashing hardcore guilds. Grow up dude. And the game would be fine without people like you in it. Actually much better.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2013-07-05 at 11:04 PM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by fneelis View Post
    Nothing was taken from gbank, the hacker just thought it would be funny to kick the entire guild.

Which worked out great since we got a free casuals/inactives cleanup
    Huh.

Any clue how they got in?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Huh.

Any clue how they got in?
    Haven't asked tbh. Shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by fps90 View Post
    I feel bad for those that compare a guild to a sports team.

And I don't even like sports.
    Yeah because let's say football is a game...
    Wait, WoW is a game as well Oo Daaaaamn.

What's a game?
    Key components of games are goals, rules, challenge, and interaction. Games generally involve mental or physical stimulation, and often both. Many games help develop practical skills, serve as a form of exercise, or otherwise perform an educational, simulational, or psychological role.

And then there's that definition of sport, what was it?
    "Sport" comes from the Old French desport meaning "leisure", with the oldest definition in English from around 1300 being "anything humans find amusing or entertaining".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Pray tell me what are the chances of that happening.
    A lot higher when you have such a high value target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Uh, I'm pretty sure that isn't the greatest post ever on the boards.
    Maybe not, but it's something a LOT of people who post here should take a lesson from.

Actually getting hacked while using an Authenticator has become much more likely, furthermore Authenticators never made it much more difficult to hack wow players anyway especially if the hacked was individually targeted which is very likely with a guild like method..

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.
    Oh, wait, you're serious.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

So they got hacked with an authenticator ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. It's because of progression guilds and whatnot that raids suddenly got stupid-hard from BC's/Wrath's easy-going-epic-battles raids. =/

OT: I could care less what happens to ANY "progression guild".

Deleted
    Because sports teams, even Z-list celebrities, have more to offer society than some guy in his basement getting a world first the world doesn't care about.

Entertainment celebrities and sports teams are generally organized around business models where people pay to watch them.

I say "generally" because there are exceptions (for example, Albert Einstein).
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're an officer in Method, those chances are at 100% that someone's actively e-hunting you.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Because sports teams, even Z-list celebrities, have more to offer society than some guy in his basement getting a world first the world doesn't care about.
    Britney Spears and Ke$ha offer society a lot do they? As much as their auto-tuned voice is entertaining, I prefer listening to British (Sco) guys rage: far more entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Myneo View Post
    you can get hacked with auth though, a friend of mine got hacked 3 times in one day using an authenticator :/
    tell them to stop watching pr0nz then