Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If method goes down there will be a new guild that takes their place. It's unfortunate to see these guilds dying out, and hopefully method doesn't become another one of the famous guilds now in the dustbin.

Deleted
    when almost 300 people left at once, how can people think it's just them cleaning house? are you stupid?

You can have your mobile authenticator removed if you don't use the SMS protect, it happened a week or two ago to a lot of people. Around the same time the mobile armory was taken offline.

Deleted
    so sad to see Method quitting.

RIP in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    If method goes down there will be a new guild that takes their place. It's unfortunate to see these guilds dying out, and hopefully method doesn't become another one of the famous guilds now in the dustbin.
    OR you could read the OP instead of just commenting.

AN OFFICER HAS HIS ACCOUNT COMPROMISED AND THEY GKICKED EVERYONE.

THE SKY IS NOT FALLING.

LET THIS THREAD DIE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    I think this thread proves that in WotLK, not only has being bad and lazy become acceptable, but a defendable position and point of pride for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post

RIP in peace.
    Blood Legion WF inc!

Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    when almost 300 people left at once, how can people think it's just them cleaning house? are you stupid?

instead of just calling ppl stupid. Explain how "300" ppl just joined the guild recently if it's falling apart?

Quote Originally Posted by Duskster View Post
    You do know one of the items asked is proof of identification, i.e, a driver's licence? Forging a driver's license just to steal an account seems a bit of a stretch. Sounds more like your RL bought his account on ebay a long time ago and the original owner decided to yank it back.
    He started the game close to release. A forgery sufficient to dupe Blizzard isn't as hard to do as you think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by destia View Post
    Pray tell me what are the chances of that happening.
    Chances are slim, but it can still happen.
    Something described as a "Man in the Middle" attack where the game-client attempts to log-in are intercepted and modified such that it will fail.
    The collected details are used by the 3rd party instead almost immediately to gain access to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He started the game close to release. A forgery sufficient to dupe Blizzard isn't as hard to do as you think it is.
    You just have to photocopy it and mail it in with very little information. Easy to forge for sure if you know the person's information.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    The REAL hardcore guilds don't whine about the game being improved for casuals. It's the wannabe hardcore guilds that continually cry about it. I hope that Method doesn't break up; while I don't follow the world first race as it doesn't matter to me, those guys seem to genuinely want the community to improve and offer advice (some of them at least although Manaflask has been outdated for a while now). We need more hardcore guilds like that, and less like some of the more vehement posters here in midcore guilds that complain about scrubs and LFR destroying the game.
    We need more people who think like you Arothand.

good'ole mmo-champ; where people get worked up over a guild full of people 99.9999% of them don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    Getting brute forced hacked or keylogged will not make the slightest difference if you have an authenticator. 128bit AES encryption would take the fastest supercomputer I the world decades to break hence why it is also used in the military.
    Encryption means nothing to keyloggers because they examine keystrokes as they're typed in. Even if the packets you were sending to Blizzard were encrypted with 128 bit AES encryption, the keylogger already sent your raw keystrokes to whatever address the logger picked. At that point the person who is logging will have a small window of opportunity to log into your account before the authenticator's passcode changes.

Deleted
    they gave me a /w. i said nah, im not joining you bunch of has beens

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It's probably just disaster tourism. People hoping that there was some delicious drama to feed on. The more shit that got blown up... the better!
    yeah i hoped for some fun drama but just a hack
    meh disappointed :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post

RIP in peace.
    Hopefully you know: RIP stands for Rest In Peace, so you just wrote: Rest In Peace in peace.
    Srsly? ..

OT; take a chill pill

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    yeah i hoped for some fun drama but just a hack
    meh disappointed :P
    I second this. Where is the juicy drama, the scandalous gossip, the colorful name calling and insult trading, the scintillating details? Nowhere, it's an officer having his account hacked. PITA for him, boring for the rest of us. But I'm sure my fellow MMO-C posters won't let this stand in their way and will fill the void with rumour and supposition laced with ad honiem attacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    There is only one way someone that uses and authenticator can get hacked and that is through a middle man attack. Someone basically redirects all the data you punch in to another computer to a login screen in another location. After a successful login the middle man returns an error which will make it look like you cannot login due to a bad connection even though the login was correct.

Getting brute forced hacked or keylogged will not make the slightest difference if you have an authenticator. 128bit AES encryption would take the fastest supercomputer I the world decades to break hence why it is also used in the military.
    Redirection and Keyloggers still require you to be sitting there waiting because the number changes every 30 seconds. You have an extremely small window to work with. So if this actually happens then your computer has already been owned. WoW is the least of your worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpinwlock View Post
    Hopefully you know: RIP stands for Rest In Peace, so you just wrote: Rest In Peace in peace.
    Srsly? ..
    I know it's wrong also, but it was used at one point and now is just a big joke. And sadly, it's one that I find hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Redirection and Keyloggers still require you to be sitting there waiting because the number changes every 30 seconds. You have an extremely small window to work with. So if this actually happens then your computer has already been owned. WoW is the least of your worries.
    The mats + gold in Method's gbank could be worth millions of gold, so even at $0.50 / 1000 gold it's still worth quite a bit of real life money.