Thread: 5.4 glyphs

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

5.4 glyphs

Seeing as majority of all glyphs ingame is getting a revamp im kinda curious what you would like/hope for when it comes to paladins?

myself im hopeing glyph of conc wont be like D&D but more that if u target a mob say 15 yards away who has a few mobs around them u can target it and conc drops there.

and maybe to add abit more flavor into mastery alabaster shield: each time you block you reduce the cooldown of AS by 0.5sec?

so yeah. whats your wishes when ours comes out ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

well how bout a "Glyph of Something actually Useful and Imaginative" for Ret?
    I'm sure it would be a breath of fresh air.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehgypsy View Post
    Dont play ret but thought this glyph already did this
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=41099
    thats the glyph that acts like D&D yes. what id like top have is u just target a mob in XXyards and it will cast conc at HIS feet instead of me moving around my mouse with a ground marker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    I would like to see DP and the glyph change place (20/20 without, 40% magical with glyph).

Some rework to GoDJ would be nice too. Maybe changing it to your judgment granting an additional holy power instead of the damage increase. That would add a huge skill factor to both ret and prot.

DP glyph is only used for tanking and maybe pvp, rather not have to waste a glyph slot for everything else in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryder View Post
    DP glyph is only used for tanking and maybe pvp, rather not have to waste a glyph slot for everything else in the game.
    Whut? I use the DP glyph for Horridon and Ji-Kun. It also got a ton of use in T14. DP is useless without the physical damage reduction on some fights. Not sure what you think you have to use that you have no room to swap in DP when it's useful.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    thats the glyph that acts like D&D yes. what id like top have is u just target a mob in XXyards and it will cast conc at HIS feet instead of me moving around my mouse with a ground marker
    That's so little a difference it doesn't even warrant a glyph. It just sounds like you cant properly drop a con with the green circle.

I would rather have a targeted version of Consecrate any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrotten View Post
    Whut? I use the DP glyph for Horridon and Ji-Kun. It also got a ton of use in T14. DP is useless without the physical damage reduction on some fights. Not sure what you think you have to use that you have no room to swap in DP when it's useful.
    ^ This. Horridon, Tortos, Ji-kun, Iron Qon, and multiple fights last teir as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    If it was ever going to happen, they would've already done it with DnD. It's literally no different utility than using the crosshair, except you just don't even have to aim. Stop being lazy or don't use it.

I would like to see the 20/20 for DP being baseline also. Then add in a glyph to make DP 40% Magic and then another that makes it 40% Physical.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well since they are removing the healing debuff from Divine plea, maybe a "Glyph of Plea: Your Divine Plea now has a 5 Second Cast Time, but the amount of mana returned is increased to 18%"

....or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    well how bout a "Glyph of Something actually Useful and Imaginative" for Ret?
    I'm sure it would be a breath of fresh air.
    i'd say our passive 10% damage reduction glyph is extremely useful personally.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    This

Or when u use a shield and 1h arm gets a 15% damage reduction. (only for ret)...

Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post
    This

Or when u use a shield and 1h arm gets a 15% damage reduction. (only for ret)...
    This will never happen considering they're removing shield requirements for iconic warrior abilities(shield wall and spell reflect), mostly because they don't like having to balance the game around macros and equipment sets.
    Last edited by Revvo; 2013-07-05 at 04:43 PM.

With the way targeted aoe works in WoW I'd rather not have this on a low cd ability like cons.

Deleted
    I would like to see the 20/20 for DP being baseline also. Then add in a glyph to make DP 40% Magic and then another that makes it 40% Physical.
    2 out of 3 paladin speccs hit DP for it's magical damage reduction because that's what is going to hurt them on 9,9/10 boss fights. And 40% physical damage reduction for 10 seconds on top of SotR and with only 30s cooldown... come on

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I won't argue about It's usefullness, but It's just 1 glyph out if , what, 20? Not to mention It's total unimaginitive nature, as well as the fact that It's a no-brainer.

Glyph of Eye for an Eye: your successful Exorcism hits place a debuff on target, making it suffer 50/100% damage from 3/5 next attacks against you, but your Exorcism is no longer able to have It's cd refreshed through melee attacks/has It's cd increased by an additonal 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Morally Grey Storm; 2013-07-05 at 05:46 PM.

I agree, should not need a glyph for this.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    I won't argue about It's usefullness, but It's just 1 glyph out if , what, 20? Not to mention It's total unimaginitive nature, as well as the fact that It's a no-brainer.

Glyph of Eye for an Eye: your successful Exorcism hits place a debuff on target, making it suffer 50/100% damage from 3/5 next attacks against you, but your Exorcism is no longer able to have It's cd refreshed through melee attacks/has It's cd increased by an additonal 5 seconds.
    Exorcism actually works with TV glyph, in damage reduction...

So this make it so powerful, don't think.