Life-binder's handmaiden drop rate?

So, i was looking at achievements and titles when hc madness of deathwing caught my eye (i'm a panda baby, if that's the propper term ). So i did some reaserch, watched vids etc. and i saw the mount . I saw that it was 100% drop during cata, and saw some info about a 1% drop rate. But on wowhead the drop rates change a lot on dificultyes ( 5%, 13%, 0.sth, andetc). Can someone tell me if these are the new drop rates or is it just bugged on wowhead (counting the drops when it was a sure drop)?

Most if not all mounts that were guaranteed drops from old raids are now 1% drop chance.

There are some exceptions like OS10 and OS25.

1% drop chance, the drop rate is still skewed from when it was a 100% loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it only me, who thinks, that anything which has not 100% drop has 50% drop chance? It can either drop or not, you have always the same chance to loot something, because loot chance is not calculated only from your personal kills, but from kills of whole community. I think about drops this way.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    Is it only me, who thinks, that anything which has not 100% drop has 50% drop chance? It can either drop or not, you have always the same chance to loot something, because loot chance is not calculated only from your personal kills, but from kills of whole community. I think about drops this way.
    Yes, you probably are. Items have a set chance to drop.

think of it this totally wrong yet plausible way:

A boss always drops one tier token and has the chance to drop a mount. Vanq has 35% chance, Prot has 35% chance, Conq has 30% chance to be the tier token that drops. Roll a 100 faced die with 35 faces showing V, 35 showing P, 30 showing C. The one that is face-down on the floor "wins". The mount will simply have 99 blank faces and 1 "winning" face.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-07-05 at 03:01 PM.

Thanks for the reply, i guess it bugged me that Invincible has his correct drop rate (was looking for shards, no interest in a dead horse )

I think myself and hundreds if not thousnads of other guilds let atleast 20-30 if not more of those mounts rot on the bosses corpse unlooted over the lifetime of Dragon soul.

You could hardly give those things away!
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-05 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I think myself and hundreds if not thousnads of other guilds let atleast 20-30 if not more of those mounts rot on the bosses corpse unlooted over the lifetime of Dragon soul.
    Cool, i guess.

Like i said, i'm a panda baby I'll just do achievement runs (glory of the ds raider gives a similar mount). Really, wanted to know should i expect it to drop(imo Al'ar is the only mount worth farming).

Thats like saying you have a 50% chance to win the lotto: you either win or you don't.

I can't explain as its been 2 years since my last statistics class but this is incorrect. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of statistics can explain it to you.

Deleted
    When you go for the kill and succeed there are from your context 2 variables involved: either the item drops or it does not. The chance it drops is far lower than the chance it doesn't drop hence it is not 50/50. The drop chance of 1% means that every time you kill the boss there is a 1 out of 100 chance the item will drop which is not 1 out of 2 chance (= 50/50).

I hope its only you. If not theres billions going to waste on edumacashun.

Deleted
    Yup, I think likewise. If you don't you're getting crazy in the long run, I mean, that mount has to drop someday, sometime ... twitch twitch ... it either drops or it doesn't ... well, it didn't, again ... (rainbows, happy thoughts)

Should've gave one to me, lol. My old realm was so dead you'd be lucky to find a guild that could clear HM yet alone weekly so everyone got a mount.

10+ Year Old Account

Selling the DS+FL mount every week for a few months was a very nice income.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Wish everyone who was raiding in my guild had gotten the heroic DS Rag and Madness mounts. We didn't clear h Rag while it was current, and we only got h Madness when it was one or two steps away from full zone debuff. Don't remember how many mounts we actually got, but several of those folks stopped playing
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JevtaSRB View Post
    So, i was looking at achievements and titles when hc madness of deathwing caught my eye (i'm a panda baby, if that's the propper term ). So i did some reaserch, watched vids etc. and i saw the mount . I saw that it was 100% drop during cata, and saw some info about a 1% drop rate. But on wowhead the drop rates change a lot on dificultyes ( 5%, 13%, 0.sth, andetc). Can someone tell me if these are the new drop rates or is it just bugged on wowhead (counting the drops when it was a sure drop)?
    According to WoWArmory, it has a drop chance of Very Low. Not as low as say, the Kara mount, not as high as White Chocobo. It's been very reliable- as soon as the mounts from Yogg/LK was made to be not-100%, it was instantly updated- same with the Pureblood Firehawk. I generally go there to get a gist of how long it would take to acquire various mounts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Someone explained already but 50/50 odds are not the same as 2 outcomes. There are 2 outcomes to be had it doesnt drop or it does, but there is 1 and 100 chance for it to drop so there is a 1% chance every time you kill the boss that it will drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Selling the DS+FL mount every week for a few months was a very nice income.
    Never missed a beat on the firehawks 1 hour of work for 200k all expansion.

Sadly nothing like this exists now. HOpfully Garrosh drops 2 mounts so we can get some income before Argus or whatever comes next.

I guess the Ahead of the curb mount could be sold. I managed to make little over a million split between myself, a tank , and 2 dps that regularly swapped players with for fucking ZA 5 man bears. Patch 4.$ sometimes I would have so many buyers lined up we would instance cap. So glad you could stop after you did the 4 bosses and que again to force you into ZA again. Best bugish thing ever.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-06 at 04:00 AM.