Shadow Priest for 5.4

Is it just me or can Blizzard just not buff us shadow priests. We had a 72 hour buff before they nerfed us at the beginning of ToT. I mean unless its a Multi-dot fight we are low to mid on the meters. Yet mages, locks seem and have ALWAYS topped. It's just disappointing that we are a hybrid class yet they cant ever buff shadow, it's always heals.

A SP guildie and my Warlock are always competing with each other to up our DPS to be top dps in guild. We put in the same amount of time and generally have the same ilvel of gear, every week in Raid we compete and its always very close and #1 dps tends to flip flop from week to week. So I don't see a problem with SP dps in comparison to warlock dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's some more insight from mmo priest discussions I found helpful:

Spriest Lacking In These Areas
    Suggested Movement Improvements
    Suggested Shadow Re-design
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-07-05 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    A SP guildie and my Warlock are always competing with each other to up our DPS to be top dps in guild. We put in the same amount of time and generally have the same ilvel of gear, every week in Raid we compete and its always very close and #1 dps tends to flip flop from week to week. So I don't see a problem with SP dps in comparison to warlock dps.
    Then your Warlock isn't very good.

I mean, if you are talking heroic raid gear vs reg raid gear. then yes the dps gap is huge. But you've missed my point on shadow never getting any sort of buff. we have been left alone for all of Mop except for our 72 hour buff of SW:P. That i guess made the mages and warlocks mad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanhick View Post
    I mean, if you are talking heroic raid gear vs reg raid gear. then yes the dps gap is huge. But you've missed my point on shadow never getting any sort of buff. we have been left alone for all of Mop except for our 72 hour buff of SW:P. That i guess made the mages and warlocks mad.
    SWI was a buff in terms of damage. Other than that there is a pretty simple reason for why we aren't getting too many buffs and that is PvP. We were by far the best caster class before the Mass Dispel/Shift nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    An equally good lock should be destroying you easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    An equally good lock should be destroying you easily.
    Yeah, I paraphrase a post from mmo-champion....if your guild's lock or mage is losing to your shadow priest, it's time to recruit new locks/mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Denigrate View Post
    Yeah, I paraphrase a post from mmo-champion....if your guild's lock or mage is losing to your shadow priest, it's time to recruit new locks/mages.
    This!!!

I know the next patch is probably still another 6-10 weeks away, but is anyone else getting a little irritated with the general lack of doing anything with shadow because we were so OP in PvP (through no fault of our own)? Right now it seems like we're going to maybe get a buff after a month or two of new tier being out (and it will probably just be a buff through Shadowform again). It seems like the only way they know how to do anything with us that won't have a massive effect on multi-dotting or PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Denigrate View Post
    Except on Horridon, Council

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by calcinator View Post
    Oh yeah? http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...5H/dps/?page=3

Warlocks should be winning on Council, pretty much no questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomu View Post
    Normally I'd say top parses mean little to us mortals, but there is an awful lot of Locks/Mages in that list...

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way we can compete (not beat them) with mages/warlocks of similar skill is by having 10 ilvls more.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

the only fights where shadow is competitive are fights where SWD can be used nearly on cooldown and there is some high-health target for us to dump orbs on (horridon, and to a lesser extent elegon and will). our spec mechanics are just apples to apples inferior to mage and warlock in every other situation - particularly when it comes to random movement.

and yet, on the most recent ptr push they're buffing warlock snapshotting even more. but i'm not worried, as they've almost solidified how they want the description of shadowy apparitions to read.

Normally I'd say top parses mean little to us mortals, but there is an awful lot of Locks/Mages in that list...
    hey, that's actually not too terrible for shadow, with the world #1 shadow parse coming in at a respectable page 9. of course, the priest in question gets crushed by 20%+ by his mages and locks (even discounting prenerf UVLS soulswap abuse).
    Last edited by snaxattax; 2013-07-09 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Praise the lorddddddd

http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/147072-g...ns#17153-17169

shadow's set to make a strong showing next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/147072-g...ns#17153-17169

shadow's set to make a strong showing next patch.
    Channeling Hymn's is a dps loss.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    Channeling Hymn's is a dps loss.
    yeah but now it's got a spirit graphic.

and it's the closest thing we have to unique utility. in a more perfect world the mana return from a spriest's hymns would let you drop healers, and make bringing a spriest a net plus to raid dps.