Why is everyone so poor when it comes to sub mmos?

All i know is people should stop being poor.... a normal mmo is 15$ a month aka 50 cents a day if you can not afford this you have bigger problems and should not be playing mmos. When you go to the movies to see your favorite hello kitty video you will spend on average 25$ if you are by yourself. This is 25$ for 2 hours of entertainment or you can pay 15$ a month for days of entertainment. Please stop posting stupid comments on new mmo vids asking if it's free to play. If you can't shell out 15$ a month your ass needs to find a better job

Quote Originally Posted by pastar View Post
    Please stop posting stupid comments

You're right.

10+ Year Old Account
    because people want to buy a game and play it without further paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

mmo's are not your console game. They take continued money to keep them going. If you are too dumb to figure that out you should stop playing mmos and go back to CoD.

- - - Updated - - -

that was cute 2/10

All i know is people should stop being poor.... a normal mmo is 15$ a month aka 50 cents a day if you can not afford this you have bigger problems and should not be playing mmos. When you go to the movies to see your favorite hello kitty video you will spend on average 25$ if you are by yourself. This is 25$ for 2 hours of entertainment or you can pay 15$ a month for days of entertainment. Please stop posting stupid comments on new mmo vids asking if it's free to play. If you can't shell out 15$ a month your ass needs to find a better job
    The problem with your comparisons is that you assuming the people asking are spending their money on other things like this. So some people would play it if it was free, but if it's a sub and they can't afford it then they want to know so they'll stop watching videos.

I also like how you assume if they can't/won't pay $15 a month for a game that they should get a better job. I know people who make a pretty good living a year but can't afford it some months because of bills, necessities, things that go wrong and need attention, etc.

mmo's are not your console game. They take continued money to keep them going. If you are too dumb to figure that out you should stop playing mmos and go back to CoD.

- - - Updated - - -

that was cute 2/10

You tell people to stop posting stupid comments and then your comments are stupid as well. MMO's do take work, but there are also other ways of getting money than from a sub. See all the F2P ones. Again, love your comment of how if they can't play a MMO they should play COD as if it's the biggest thing that everyone plays no matter what. I'm sure there are people like myself that have never touched it and don't plan on to.

Who pays $25 to see a movie?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    People don't like to spend money. Mystery solved...next case please.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Who pays $25 to see a movie?
    Stupid people who watch 3D in theatre I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The problem with your comparisons is that you assuming the people asking are spending their money on other things like this. So some people would play it if it was free, but if it's a sub and they can't afford it then they want to know so they'll stop watching videos.

I also like how you assume if they can't/won't pay $15 a month for a game that they should get a better job. I know people who make a pretty good living a year but can't afford it some months because of bills, necessities, things that go wrong and need attention, etc.
    everyone...yes everyone even the homeless can afford 50 cents a day. you can find that in your car/couch/on a street/in the trash/under a rug

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

The average family of 4 should be able to make it on $50,000-$60,000/year. If you can't make it on that then you're not managing your money properly or living outside your means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Stupid people who watch 3D in theatre I guess.
    I only go to IMAX 3D anymore... best way to watch a movie. Anything else feels like sitting at home on my couch.

Deleted
    The ignorance in this one is huge

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    The average family of 4 should be able to make it on $50,000-$60,000/year. If you can't make it on that then you're not managing your money properly or living outside your means.

- - - Updated - - -

I only go to IMAX 3D anymore... best way to watch a movie. Anything else feels like sitting at home on my couch.
    holy crap someone that speaks logic...thats just crazy who does that on the interwebs

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    15 x 12 = 180 us dollars a year.

1 (some buy more than one) new game a month is 49 - 60 us dollars.

49 x 12 = 588 a year
    60 x 12 = 720 a year

you could factor in internet cost if you want but mmo subs are still cheap not including F2P.
    You cared enough to post.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    The ignorance in this one is huge
    can you afford 50 cents a day sir?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I don't get that. People in my guild are like "I'm too poor to do a server transfer/race change. I'm too poor to pay my subscription." And then as soon as the newest blizzard store mount comes out, they get it.

The way I see it is just like the movies example given previously. Most people I know watch at least one movie a month, and that alone is enough to pay for a WoW subscription. But these are the same people who won't play WoW strictly because it's subscription based. Apparently the subscription concept is a turn off for people, I'm not sure why. People pay phone bills, car loans, rent, and a myriad of other things. What's the big deal?

I'll gladly play $15 a month for an MMO that I feel is worth it, but sadly WoW isn't one of them.

$15 a month to sit bored to tears in queues and do dailies? No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    15 x 12 = 180 us dollars a year.

1 (some buy more than one) new game a month is 49 - 60 us dollars.

49 x 12 = 588 a year
    60 x 12 = 720 a year

you could factor in internet cost if you want but mmo subs are still cheap not including F2P.
    More logic love it

10+ Year Old Account
    This is hardly a constructive thread to post and completely unnecessary.