Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Given that tanks do 500% more threat than DPS as long as you whistle at the mob it'll start attacking you. If a Shaman Flame Shocks a mob and you're unable to pick the mob up you suck. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    You didn't have this garbage back in Vanilla or TBC, dps pulls mob = dead dps. There are many other reasons but that is one of the bigger ones.
    Been tanking since BC. People learned that if i was tanking their group that they had to wait for me to mark, then I and only i pull the group, unless we had a hunter misdirect.

Really have hated 5 mans since LFG came into play as they are boring and mindless now. Really wish we could get rid of LFG.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    This thread is awesome! A perfect example of why I don't play this crap game anymore.

Playing an MMO with a ME, ME, ME, ME attitude is just outstanding. Typical of today's spoiled, and entitled kiddies.
    Ya. I argue with people in my guild about it all the time. They love being able to play the game Solo. I do not understand why anyone would want to play an MMO and have it revolve around solo play. EVERYTHING in the game should require a group. Really wish questing in groups was mandatory as well. Really miss all the pre LFG/LFR days. Worst decision blizz has ever made was LFG/LFR.
    Last edited by Hotsforyou; 2013-07-06 at 02:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the timw is dps pull ahead of the tank, is because the dps feels that the tank is not pulling enough for the dps they can dish out. It takes roughly similar time to AoE down 20 mobs and 8 mobs, but 8 mibs it will be 3 seperate pull, if you can handle the 20 mobs, there isn't really a need to pull 8.

Tank used to set the pace because dps and healer will die in no time if they get aggro, nowadays all the dps and healer can probably tank them fine, some can even solo a HC no problem (hi Disc Priests), if they know even if you don't go help them they can handle it just fine, no reason for them not to pull if they feel the tank is not pulling fast enough.

One example, my shammy is around ilvl 535 with HC TF weapon, I can pre set a Healing Rain, pop Shamanistic Rage and Chain Lightning 1-2 packs down before SR wears off, if more is pulled, I can always throw in heals in between, Astral Shift and Healing Tide, so there are very little danger for me even without tanks. I can promise mob will die very fast so why not pull more? If I have a tank that pull a pack at a time I probably would have gone ahead, except I won't be pulling back to the tank, I will let the other 2 dps handle the pack with the tank and handle the next pack by myself.

Killing speed wise it only helps little, but it saves number of pulls and downtime in between. Most people would want to do things as efficiently as possible, it is just something you have to live with since HC difficulty is so easy now in current ilvl, and in next tier even healers can probably do that easily.

Not sure why I've seen so many tanks QQ about dps pulling. I've sometimes seen dps who get over-zealous and pull stuff they shouldn't but usually dps are justifiably pulling when the tanks are too slow. On my overgeared dps when I do heroics if the tank isn't chain pulling several packs then I do it for them.

I understand why a tank wouldn't ordinarily pull this much because usually a heroic dungeon has like people pullling 20-30k dps if you are lucky, but when I'm on my 545 lock that does 300k dps and I can tank everything just fine then yeah I feel like I can get away pulling a few more packs and picking up the pace. Or when I am healing and dpsing as a boomkin druid at 530 ilvl I also feel the same.

Now if someone is pulling stuff and causing wipes then its another story, but tanks need to get over the idea that if someone else pulls its the end of the world and that person should just go die in a fire. Generally speaking if a person is pulling stuff and not causing wipes as a result (or to show you that you need to pull faster) then they are in the right. I've had plenty of tanks rage on me for pulling like 3 groups at once and aoeing them down and healing at the same time, when they should sit back and enjoy the ride because I am straight up carrying them through the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    You didn't have this garbage back in Vanilla or TBC, dps pulls mob = dead dps. There are many other reasons but that is one of the bigger ones.
    It's because in wrath / now mobs are a joke.. I can solo tank / heal a heroic as a ret now. Just give me some NPCS please.

You couldn't do this nearly as simple as those 2 within cata VANILLA heroics because mobs were quite deadly, Hour of twilight was easy as now though because those were tuned like dogshit.

Thankfully I never have to piss a tank off because i Just tank que and clear the dungeon out in record time for the group. Usually see 4 shiny achievements pop up everytime I do jade temple. You're welcome

And yes that was the primary reason in TBC even at Tier 6 levels 5 mans were quite deadly as they should be so newer players can properly learn how to play together in a group.

Also did I mention this is easily doable with Sha of anger and EVERY LFR boss so long as you have ONE competent healer knowing what you are doing? Ret tank YOLO
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-07-06 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post
    I've also noticed recently that people don't even bother to ress those who died (for whatever reason) in dg/lfr, especially after the final boss is dead. I just don't understand that.
    Not rezzing in general makes no sense, sure, but not doing it after the final boss has died might have something to do with the fact that, once you leave the instance, you are alive again anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    There's this concept called "fun." I know it's foreign to most of the people on this forum, but perhaps you should look into it; there's a school of thought that suggests it's integral to why people play games.

i do this all the time with my enhance shaman lol.. i'm only doing dungeons for valor, so i like to get in and get out real quick. most tanks tend to pull really slow, and i ain't about that. my healing is so good i can tank most instances fairly easily. i just chain pull as quickly as possible. i look at it as a way to test my limits as well.

We live in a world where society expects instant gratification, which ultimately is unsatisfying making people even more cranky and impatient.

rarely happens with me, I usually have heals / dps complaining im going too fast and they leave or tell me to slow down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    I do not understand why anyone would want to play an MMO and have it revolve around solo play. EVERYTHING in the game should require a group.
    I won't even bother trying to explain. I'll just say it's fortunate for us Blizzard doesn't follow your wishes for content structure. May I suggest some EQ legacy servers? You might like them better with that attitude toward gameplay.

as a healer i HATE when tanks seem to wait for every single cooldown to be up before they make the next pull. Hey i clicked the healing box cause I like to heal. You pulling 2 at a time every 5 minutes isnt letting me do my job. Blizzard has nerfed everything so much level 50 groups can probably do Wrath 5 mans so theres no need to go grandma slow. Also you are slowing down my exp gains and the exp of 3 other people. remember our $60 a month is worth more than your $15.

It's because they will never see you again and don't care about you. If it would have been an old fashion way group, you would have kicked them.

People are no longer accountable for anything with the random dungeon finder anymore.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a mage on our server who I refuse to invite anymore because he always leaves after 1-2 wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jichi View Post

I've also noticed recently that people don't even bother to ress those who died (for whatever reason) in dg/lfr, especially after the final boss is dead. I just don't understand that.

This annoys the piss out of me. The community has got so bad, and so lazy, that people don't even rez anymore. Half of the group could be dead, and in 10 seconds everyone leaves, leaving the group dead. If I'm not one of the dead, I always mass rez before I leave the group.

Because most wow players act like they are 12.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    I understand why a tank wouldn't ordinarily pull this much because usually a heroic dungeon has like people pullling 20-30k dps if you are lucky, but when I'm on my 545 lock that does 300k dps and I can tank everything just fine then yeah I feel like I can get away pulling a few more packs and picking up the pace. Or when I am healing and dpsing as a boomkin druid at 530 ilvl I also feel the same.
    The problem is when the 20k dpsers think it's acceptable for them to pull. It's incredibly annoying when I'm pulling at a reasonable speed for the group's dps and the healers mana, and some asshat who is doing less than a third of my dps decides it's a good idea to pull two more groups without even bothering to make sure they come to me when I already have 3 groups on me.

If someone pulls before the tank, let them tank it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    There is no excuse. Simply put, you're not doing your job right if a DPS ever gets to pull before you do.

Most of the time, in fact, it should be the DPS asking for you to slow down because they can't keep up with you.
    I whole heartily with this. Tanking lower level dungeons, I can finish the entire dungeon without dropping combat. I've 3man'd MoP heorics on my spriest with a lock and ele shaman when finishing out the meta achieve.

No excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Denigrate View Post
    I whole heartily with this. Tanking lower level dungeons, I can finish the entire dungeon without dropping combat. I've 3man'd MoP heorics on my spriest with a lock and ele shaman when finishing out the meta achieve.

No excuses.
    And what if the player is new to tanking and still gauging how they should pull, or is unfamiliar with the dungeon (not everyone is on their tenth alt and decked out in heirloom gear looking to hit 90 ASAP)? This kind of behavior reinforces bad gameplay and bad playstyles. Quite frankly it doesn't matter if you CAN do it, you SHOULDN'T for the betterment of the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    And what if the player is new to tanking and still gauging how they should pull, or is unfamiliar with the dungeon (not everyone is on their tenth alt and decked out in heirloom gear looking to hit 90 ASAP)? This kind of behavior reinforces bad gameplay and bad playstyles. Quite frankly it doesn't matter if you CAN do it, you SHOULDN'T for the betterment of the game as a whole.
    Yes they should be looking to hit 90 asap. Lower level dungeon are a terrible place to learn to play your class. For example, if I played my rogue like I did when leveling it, I'd be spamming 2pt envenoms because everything die before I can get to 5 points.