Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    All the plate sets are looking quite unique. I'm pretty sure I've seen the druid tier as a pvp set for some class in the past, though, and the mage one is a rehash... Oh well. They can't all look good. As much as it sucks, I feel they dont try as hard for every tier because of the "Just transmog, lol" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I understand you, and it's not just the color.

As I said, the best word I can find to describe these sets is ''bland''. That's all.
    And I full heartedly agree. Art is something that can be really, really, REALLY subjective because everyone has a different taste and viewpoint on such a matter.

Perfect example: I love the Death Knight Firelands set while 90% of the other people I've spoken to about it absolutely hate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Art is subjective.
    I'll be the first to stand by you in saying this, I'm not saying everything has to be to MY liking because that's stupid as hell lol. What I am saying though, a lot of the sets can be related to older ones. The pvp set for paladin looks very similar to the warrior's Ruthless set for example. I'll post the comparison below. Still, the fact that Leather armor looks vaguely like plate armor, and mail looks like plate, is an issue (in my eyes).

Ruthless Warrior: http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-333#.

New paladin pvp set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3Wbf...layer_embedded

Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    Stop whining, they all look great. Bet you can't design better gear.
    yes I can, please keep remarks which could be viewed as un constructive to yourself.
    Last edited by Tripz; 2013-07-05 at 09:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Art subjective, yo.

I think most of them are fine. Some I like the art itself but dislike the colouring (like the rogue), and a couple I dislike. That is pretty standard for me for every tier ever made. There's always some I like, some I don't.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having negative feelings towards the aesthetics, but it's kinda silly to go from "not my taste" to "art team isn't trying." I am pretty sure even the most hideous of sets had a lot of effort go into it, and that the artist who created it was genuinely trying to make something they thought players would like.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Art subjective, yo.
    Oh okay Tziva, just come in here, take what I said, and make it all cool and shit.

>:[
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well the priest PVP set is the first thing I've wanted to wear since Ulduar, so that's something. I don't hate the priest tier set either. I might not even xmog Sunwell over it like I have been doing since xmog came out. I do agree that the art team doesn't have the hang of something. Everything is just not quite right. I admire some aspects of some of the sets, but a lot of them are starting to blur together. I really feel like they should've gone all-out with the Asian theme, rather than just a bit. The plate levelling/5man gear had a very cool samurai thing going on, and the cloth valor set from 5.0 was pretty cool, if not unique. There are plenty of traditions to choose from for inspiration for all the classes, and I feel like they haven't utilized them at all. Part of it is seeing it constantly on human males (I know it's the default, but still), and I friggin hate human males, but a lot of the plate is starting to blend together. The first thing I thought of when I saw the new DK is the new Warrior. And the Warrior set looks like a lot of the previous stuff. I'm hoping when new player models come out it will allow for some new levels of creativity with armor design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I've liked a lot of them. Haven't hated any of them really, just indifferent for a few. DK set looks awesome and the flamey druid and paladin sets are pretty good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea is to make it feel Kor'kron-y because, well, just about everything we're killing in that raid are Kor'kron, Sha-infested, or mantids. I agree that they're pretty visually-uninspired, but they're thematically appropriate nonetheless (and let's be honest, any sets you dislike you can transmog over; I plan to transmog the Shado-Pan Assault rep gear over my warrior's t16 unless that changes before the patch goes live).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oh okay Tziva, just come in here, take what I said, and make it all cool and shit.
    Story of my life *preen*

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Art subjective, yo.

I think most of them are fine. Some I like the art itself but dislike the colouring (like the rogue), and a couple I dislike. That is pretty standard for me for every tier ever made. There's always some I like, some I don't.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having negative feelings towards the aesthetics, but it's kinda silly to go from "not my taste" to "art team isn't trying." I am pretty sure even the most hideous of sets had a lot of effort go into it, and that the artist who created it was genuinely trying to make something they thought players would like.
    I whole heartedly agree with you my short armed friend (by the way, I bet chop sticks are a nightmare for you) nobody can just go into MS paint and doodle up some sexy curves, slap some spikes on it and call it a set. What I am saying, however, is that I feel there has been some copy pasta going on, and I don't do gluten...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

The tiers have been bad throughout the entire expansion. The pvp sets however...god damn they've really turned the knob to 11 on those.
    S14 warrior, death knight and warlock are some of the best sets I've ever seen.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    My main problem really is some sets just don't look like they are the correct armor class!

Like the warrior one... I would see that on a shaman and think it fits perfectly but it really does not give off that "hulking warrior in plate" look to it at all!

A well slutty transmog set continues untill I find a BA looking warrior tier!

Only bad set so far has been the warrior T16, imo.

With transmog every time a new set comes out, you're basically measuring it up against a growing pool of older tiers. And there's only so many ideas you can have for each class before you have to start building it around the raid theme, boss themes, etc.

I will say that I agree and there's no T16 or S14 set I'm interested in, except maybe the Warlock PVP set, but I can still appreciate the effort and detail in all of them. And I'm not sure why they didn't use Garrosh's shoulders as a jump off point for the warrior set unless they just want to keep it an exclusive item for that NPC.
    Last edited by ro9ue; 2013-07-05 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    With transmog every time a new set comes out, you're basically measuring it up against a growing pool of older tiers. And there's only so many ideas you can have for each class before you have to start building it around the raid theme, boss themes, etc.

I will say that I agree and there's no T16 or S14 set I'm interested in, except maybe the Warlock PVP set, but I can still appreciate the effort and detail in all of them. And I'm not sure why they didn't use Garrosh's shoulders as a jump off point for the warrior set unless they just want to keep it an exclusive item for that NPC.
    they've been making sets related to the raid's theme since the first tier of WotLK...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have to say I haven't enjoyed a Tier or Season set in a while. Good thing for transmog!

10+ Year Old Account
    There good artists are prbly either working on the New Expansion or Character Models. That is my guess these look like they were made by interns.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Such a new and refreshing topic. Let's discuss our opinions of a subjective matter in an objective way.
    Crash.

There has been over 150 tier sets in total, who'd expect every one to be new and refreshing?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Blizzard needs to fire a couple artists period. Their style changed in wrath and has remained the same ever since with shoulders and belts getting bigger, and metal plates being plastered over absolutely everything. Brown also seems to be their favorite color.

Fire the talentless "artists", it's time.
    True. I think it's obvious that not as many people are working on WoW anymore. I don't know if they moved to other projects, or something, but ever since WotlK it looks like they don't put the same amount of effort into the game. After they implemented transmog, do you really think they will start being creative again? Nope, it will just get worse.

If you take away the helm then the Paladin set looks like a basic cloth caster set.