Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    'The majority' is not a small group of loud people screaming on a forum. BTW. Just because people are expressing their opinions here doesn't mean they're the majority of a 8-10 million player base. So please, speak for yourself.

I like the current sets and i've liked most of the tier sets this expansion. It's all a matter of opinion. You will like some sets and you will hate some sets. In the end, its just freaking gear you put on for a few months and they've given you the option to CHANGE YOUR GEAR. Really nothing else beyond that has to be said. You have thousands of customize combinations and options at your fingertips ... seriously what more do you want?
    Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Why are you raging at me? I was just making a general note. No need to direct your frustration at me.
    Not detecting any rage in that post. You spoke for others, were wrong, and got corrected.

Plenty people like the sets. There is no majority, as you say.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes art is subjective, but I think it boils down to alot of people want class themed sets like vanilla, bc, and the challenge mode sets. These asian/pandaria themed ones are just not going to be as popular. But that's just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Not detecting any rage in that post. You spoke for others, were wrong, and got corrected.

Plenty people like the sets. There is no majority, as you say.
    Full caps and bold.

It was a general statement, apparently you can't figure that out.

For example, Hunter T11 among some of the other T11 sets are reviled by so many to the point where I haven't seen anyone transmogrify into these sets or even seen them in general after their respective patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    I just don't understand this tier's theme.

Is it Org? Are we just putting parts of Org on ourselves?
    To the looter go the spoils!

15+ Year Old Account
    Full caps and bold.

It was a general statement, apparently you can't figure that out.

For example, Hunter T11 among some of the other T11 sets are reviled by so many to the point where I haven't seen anyone transmogrify into these sets or even seen them in general after their respective patch.
    Except it wasn't full caps. Just bold. And that isn't indicative of rage. Calm down. You are being pretty rageful yourself. Settle down, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Except it wasn't full caps. Just bold. And that isn't indicative of rage. Calm down. You are being pretty rageful yourself. Settle down, bro.
    Now you're not making any sense, he was going on with "CHANGE YOUR GEAR" and there I am not angered in the least nor have I indicated such. I would keep talking to you but your condescending way of expressing yourself can only be dealt with for so long before I simply tire of it.

They've lost touch with what made tiers recognizable. You'd be hard pressed to find any set visually connected with its class, design relies more on vague depictions of current expansion or patch with bland colors and uninspired features.

Deleted
    I hate the colors. Everything look so washed out and greyish. This has been going on since WotlK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now you're not making any sense, he was going on with "CHANGE YOUR GEAR" and there I am not angered in the least nor have I indicated such. I would keep talking to you but your condescending way of expressing yourself can only be dealt with for so long before I simply tire of it.
    Sorry, but there's no rage in his post. You're grasping. As you are with suggesting I'm condescending. Sorry, but you chose to imply that because you hold an opinion, its the majority. Or "onto something." I corrected you, because that's what people do on forums. That you chose to then squirm and wriggle about, pointing fingers around the room in stead of owning up to your mistake, is not my business, babe. That's just how your cookies are crumbling.

Honestly what really bothers me is that they did an amazing job in the Challenge Mode armors which are harder to obtain (I mean Its not that the dungeons are that hard but its quite difficult to find 4 ppl wiling to wipe and try again for a long time) and the ones that are accessible to the majority of the players just look ugly and show some disregard or lack of effort in designing them.

If its a different Team doing Challenge Mode armors I hope blizzard promotes them to do the Tier sets from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Syran View Post
    They've lost touch with what made tiers recognizable.
    How eye-bleedingly hideous some of them were?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't raging about anything. :P
    You made an assumption that 'majority' of the playerbase dislikes this set when that is far from truth.

Unfortunately those that cry the loudest usually get what they want -- but honestly people need to learn to have more open minds and let the developers actually create something for once without people throwing a hissy fit. It's honestly pretty pathetic and people should be ashamed. This game isn't designed with one person in mind and it's trying to cater to multiple tastes. Maybe the Asian theme isn't something people enjoy? It's better to be patient and wait for another tier or expansion. Nothing in this game is 'permanent' and the content continues to get pumped out. Just sick and tired of seeing everyone make these threads and act like Blizzard is tying everyone down with ropes and DEMANDING they wear this tier gear! They gave everyone the equal option to transmog their gear, so make use of it.

After all, as someone who is enjoying the Asian theme and the mogu-inspired tier gear as well as the unique asian themed gear, there's always a chance that I will hate the next expansion's tier set gear. As a player, I am entitled to my opinion. Is it worth making a thread and trying to make an uproar about it? Nope. I have plenty of transmog sets.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    After all, as someone who is enjoying the Asian theme and the mogu-inspired tier gear as well as the unique asian themed gear, there's always a chance that I will hate the next expansion's tier set gear. As a player, I am entitled to my opinion. Is it worth making a thread and trying to make an uproar about it? Nope. I have plenty of transmog sets.
    As a player I am entitled to my opinion as well, my opinion just happens to be that these sets, much like most everything else in pandaria, look like shit. I was honestly hoping we'd get some, you know, Orgrimmar themed gear, instead we're getting some God-Awful themed gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Oof, no need to get rude, I was making a simple post.
    For the third or fourth time in the same thread, was his point.

Subjectivity of art or not; some of the sets just do not meet the overall quality standards set by Blizzard for sets.

How do you go from sets with every possible piece having been given a lot of detail attention to ones (for some classes) that just look like a lot of that was thrown out the window? I think another reason people tend to jump on the tier sets is one or more of the following reasons (feel free to add):

1. Some perceive (correctly or incorrectly) that Blizzard is going more lax with tier sets because they know that players will always fall back on transmog if they dislike a set and may even do it if they like one
    2. Sometimes the chosen theme for a set just strikes a bizarrely offensive or repellent chord with some players (I know a lot of players who are all fizzly about the druid set)
    3. As that recent blue post touched on (it was a reply to a player) - some people really like more colorful sets and get angry every tier that doesn't bring that back a little.
    4. Some of the more common features of Blizzard's sets go the wrong way with half of a class base - some paladins love the robed look; others just decry it as a skirt and call the set crap.
    5. A lot of people really like for sets to have a dungeon theme instead of a class theme for raids that it could fit - warriors wanted the Garrosh look; etc..
    6. Some sets just really, really come out of left field (this is probably the least concrete of my reasons but it seemed appropriate) for a class or raid theme; e.g. the Dragon Soul death knight armor - "Necrotic Boneplate" set didn't really fit as a dungeon theme (there weren't any undead dragons or other undead) and it wasn't exactly a blockbuster in the "well-executed new theme" department, either; however, a lot of the hatred for it may've simply come from envy at how cool and well-done the warrior set was - I think there was a lot of plate-envy there.

So that's what I think about the trend - it may not hold up all the time but I think a few of those are reasons why a lot of people cry out about the sets.

I personally have been completely let-down by some of them (warrior, druid, mage) and unexpectedly satisfied by others (Death Knight, Paladin, Priest)

I imagine being an artist for the tier sets/weapons is extremely stressful - you can't make every set a Scourgelord set (I use this because some website that measures WoW statistics found that it was the most popular transmog for death knights in the game by a large margin) or Judgment set or whatever other super popular set they've done for some classes (dreadnought, etc..)

I really liked the sets they've done for most classes so far - I had no beef with any of them aside from the Monk sets; I don't know why - I just didn't find myself admiring one or the other yet.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

I don't really like any of them, but honestly that's what transmog is for.

What peevs me a bit though is that none of them really look like the class they're made for. IDK the druid and paladin set just look so random. The only "druidy" part of the druid set is a leaf hanging off their belt.

/shrug maybe that's just me.

Eh, the Paladin set is just T2 and T13 thrown in a blender with some Mogu flavoring. Nice to see a couple of relatively realistic heaumes this patch as opposed to the weird fanciful crap they usually try to sell us as a helmet. I foresee the T16 helm becoming a transmog staple for many Paladins. Again, I just wish the artists wouldn't fixate on the Alliance/Silver Hand colors for heroic mode, it's disheartening and it's the third tier in a row.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

warrior set looks like garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    Subjectivity of art or not; some of the sets just do not meet the overall quality standards set by Blizzard for sets.
    What 'quality standards' are you referring to, exactly?
    These sets are the most detailed and high polygon sets to-date. The quality of MoP gear in technical terms is the best of any gear sets Blizzard has ever produced.

I guess it's just beating a dead horse at this point, no matter how a counter argument is made, people will just bash every new tier set that gets revealed because everyone has different taste. As an artist myself, i've just grown to be more open to opinions and accept things as they are because sometimes artists just have a vision -- and maybe it isn't always crystal clear ... but there is good intention behind every tier set, no doubt. I just don't think people realize there are actual human beings behind these designs and everyone is so super critical about how gear looks nowadays.

I couldn't imagine being an artist for the art dept at Blizzard, designing gear and then checking out fan sites and the forums and just seeing everyone completely trash your designs. I'm sure the artists avoid forums like this for that reason alone (though who knows, maybe they check it out for feedback). I'd be a wreck if I was in that position. Especially when people say the artists designing are terrible or should be fired -- which if you honestly believe you can do a better job, apply to Blizzard and see how quickly you are rejected!
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Merany View Post
    I agree, the quality of armour sets haven't been great these past few expansions, but for MoP, it's been particularly horrendous. It seems to me like the art team is trying to adopt an asian style, which to me doesn't fit with WoW all that well. Or maybe they're just not getting the hang of it... Also, why so much turquoise?! I get that jade is often related to asian lore, but still...
    Comments like that will get you a ban around here. Blizzard absolutely did not in any way, shape or form even consider the Asian market when they designed MoP, or so the mods here will have you believe.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*