Deleted

Thumbs up Petition for german-sub forums

Cuz a lot of german ppl (including me) don!t really speak foreign languages I!d like you to create some german speakin sub forums where we could discuss wow related stuff in our language.

MMo Champion is the best site out there atm for wow so it could be a really good gathering point for german ppl as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ImogEs View Post
    Cuz a lot of german ppl (including me) don!t really speak foreign languages I!d like you to create some german speakin sub forums where we could discuss wow related stuff in our language.

MMo Champion is the best site out there atm for wow so it could be a really good gathering point for german ppl as well.

With this logic, they would have to create a sub-forum for every language in use on the MMO-champion forums. It's very impractical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not needed.

Also if you don't speak foreign languages this is the best way to learn them.

Deleted
    Yea if there!s enough mods for that why not ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    Not needed.

Also if you don't speak foreign languages this is the best way to learn them.
    DOCH!!!

btw. I doubt it!s the best way to learn english you know from gaming forums. Best way in school best best way you are borned like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Second star to the right, and straight on till morning
    Granted, it may not be the best way, but there's nothing wrong with it.

There's just no reason for it to be honest. Either you're running everything through Google translate, or your English is already quite good. If you are running everything through translate, then the WoW German language forums probably have still high level discussion of the issues pertinent to you, or you can just use Google Chrome to translate the whole page for you.

L2polylingual
    This man should be your role model

Seriously though - I thought it was only old germans who couldnt into english.

Deleted
    Totally not needed. And I'm German myself.

Why am I against it? Because sub-forums in different languages fragment the community, by locking out parts of it from discussions in those sub-forums. If you're struggling that much with the English language I suggest:

a) Either go and search for a German WoW-community.
    b) Concentrate on learning the language you're struggling with. Starting by playing games and watching movies in English. It helps a lot. Bonus: your English grades improve/your qualification for your working life improve. The English language is nowadays a very important thing if you want to work in any decently paid job.

I really have no idea where you got the idea from that Germans don't speak a lot of foreign languages... especially English. Every kid learns it in school. Only the elderly are excused from not speaking English around here.

Deleted
    Fine then. I want a Scottish sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ImogEs View Post

Just create a thread, if it's popular enough they will have to make a subforum.
    I remember they didn't want to make a rift subforum but it was very popular and now there is one.
    Good luck and auf Wiedersehen!

10+ Year Old Account
    We're a pretty international forums and have users (and mods!) from all around the globe, with a multitude of different first languages. It wouldn't really be fair to give one language it's own section but not everyone else's. Besides, as a poster above me mentioned, I think we benefit from having our discussions as a collective community than fragmenting it based on language. It's nice to share a forum where we can all discuss together, regardless of where we were born or are logging in from.

And it's okay if you aren't great at English -- you're not expected to be perfect. We have a lot of posters here in the same situation where english is their second or third or fourth language. If nothing else, it's good practice and will improve your skills!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    What about the french, spanish, portugese, chinese, russians.....

you get the idea, you cannot please everyone so better to try and please the majority, which happens to be english speakers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's not really practical given that we have people from so many different countries who speak so many different languages.

Don't worry though -- people are generally patient with English learners here, as long as you try