Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Potential Destro Buff 5.4 (Rain of fire Compensation)

So, we all know that destro is gimped in 5.4 due to having its ember regen cut a lot with the removal of Rain of fire from the single target rotation.

How do you think this buff is likely to be compensated before 5.4 goes live.

Please try and keep this on topic and focus on what you feel is likely to be changed and not what you would like for the spec.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-06 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    So, we all know that destro is gimped in 5.4
    Do we know that? Really?

Seems like a bit of an overstatement, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Do we know that? Really?

Pretty sure the feedback from the PTR from the likes of zûmzum etc its that destro is lagging very far behind. On the pull an enhancement shaman's fire elemental does more burst than a destruction warlock currently.

Reduce the CD of Conflagrate and double the ember gain from it, and bake some +crit into immolate if normal ticks aren't supposed to grant an emberbit.

Issues I see with such a change would be the value of haste as a start, and the speed at which we'll be getting incinerates out.. so, a tweak to Backdraft might be in order.
    Warlocks get buffed ONE TIME and suddenly developers are getting fired over it...

Misleading title is misleading. Made me think the buff had been announced.

That said, Destro isn't gimp on the PTR, its actually still competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Misleading title is misleading. Made me think the buff had been announced.

That said, Destro isn't gimp on the PTR, its actually still competitive.
    The biggest issue with destruction without Rof is that the spec really doesnt scale that well, although i will admit this - The new 4 set fucken rocks.

Is it realistic to expect us to get the new trinket (mainly the amp one, cause really that is disgusting how good that is for destro) and the 4 set before we are at the state we are in on the ptr, to be honest i dont think so.

Destruction is 'exactly' the same on the ptr right now as it is on live without Rof, which trust me is really far from competitive.
    Last edited by mmoc77bb2b62ef; 2013-07-06 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    The biggest issue with destruction without Rof is that the spec really doesnt scale that well, although i will admit this - The new 4 set fucken rocks.

Is it realistic to expect us to get the new trinket (mainly the amp one, cause really that is disgusting how good that is for destro) and the 4 set before we are at the state we are in on the ptr, to be honest i dont think so.

Destruction is 'exactly' the same on the ptr right now as it is on live without Rof, which trust me is really far from competitive.
    I'd be curious to see the logs if you guys get a chance or have the ability. See just how warlocks are doing on current tier or later tier fights with the current implementation.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

It'd be nice if they made backdraft 3x incin an increased crit chance instead of haste to reduce gcd capping incin, make 3 backdraft stacks trigger an instant chaos bolt, make conflagrate charges scale with haste, increase proc meta.

Anything that would increase destruction's haste scaling really, maybe the instant chaos bolt is a bit much but perhaps having backdraft not affect chaos bolt with an increased chance to crit instead of cast time reduction would be enough. Conflag charges scaling with haste would add a bit more dynamic play to destruction and would make the stat more attractive, especially if conflag played more into ember generation with a changed backdraft design.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-07-06 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    It'd be nice if they made backdraft 3x incin an increased crit chance instead of haste to reduce gcd capping incin, make 3 backdraft stacks trigger an instant chaos bolt, make conflagrate charges scale with haste, increase proc meta.
    PvP exists, and double-instant-chaos bolt would be both hilarious and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Do we know that? Really?

There was even a blue post pre-PTR that said they recognize they they'll have to compensate ember generation somewhere with the removal of ROF single target. If you've played all 3 specs competitively before you'll notice destro at current lags behind aff / demo when you've the tiniest bit of t15 gear... now imagine you just dwarfed your ember generation what do you think would happen? The dmg lags even further behind.

Deleted
    I just hope that they'll recognize that the Destruction rotation, without RoF, is too simple/uninteresting. Something like an instant Chaos Bolt proc, or even just a CD reduction to Conflag, is something I'd really like to see. Spamming Incinerate gets boring.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I just hope that they'll recognize that the Destruction rotation, without RoF, is too simple/uninteresting. Something like an instant Chaos Bolt proc, or even just a CD reduction to Conflag, is something I'd really like to see. Spamming Incinerate gets boring.
    Destro without RoF, is better and takes a load off the clicking all the time.
    But, when they lowered RoF damage, they forgot to give us the Ember generation capability that it had.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Yeah true 2 wet noodles would be a little too much in pvp. Maybe at 6 stacks an instant chaos bolt goes off? These are just suggestions
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2013-07-06 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Have you pvp'd recently? Chaos bolt aint what it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Have you pvp'd recently? Chaos bolt aint what it used to be.
    It used to be strong in 5.2 pvp now it's literally worthless. Hits for 80-90k with CD's popped, literally hits just as hard as a shamans lava burst does. I don't think a instant chaos bolt proc would be OP in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldsir View Post
    It used to be strong in 5.2 pvp now it's literally worthless. Hits for 80-90k with CD's popped, literally hits just as hard as a shamans lava burst does. I don't think a instant chaos bolt proc would be OP in pvp.
    It's funny how much early mop chaos bolt sticks out in peoples minds. I bet if it was buffed other classes would cry foul not even realizing it doesn't hit that hard anymore.

Deleted
    I think RoF had to go, it felt clunky. How will they fix this? Probably make some spell generate a bit more. For me that wouldn't change how I feel about the spec. I think it needs something more in order to spice up our rotation.

Demo > affliction > destro (personal fun factor pov)

I doubt if many warlocks feel the same, since most roll destro nowadays, it could be because of its simplicity that it is so popular though. Still doesn't change the fact that I find the spec incredibly boring.

I liked destro better in Cata. Yeah ISF was annoying but whatever. Multiple dots and a fast moving rotation was more interesting than long cast time nukes to me. Wish they'd scrap Chaos Bolt itself hitting so hard and move back towards having it bypass absorbs etc again. As for ember regen I seriously hope they aren't depending on the 2 and 4 set to make up for the RoF losses. Would basically be like having to have a set bonus to be equal to the other two without a set bonus.

edit: You know I think I liked all warlock specs better in Cata/wotlk except maybe demo. Maybe I'm just getting old
    Last edited by Erolian; 2013-07-06 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    I had this silly idea for a spell. Remember the boss Felmyst? Imagine the warlock breathing a small line in front of him that leaves the ground burning with fel flames, everyone that passes through gets slowed and the warlock generates bits of ember, target(s) also catches fire and leaves trails of flame behind him that behave the same way and last for as long as the slow does.

Yeah, that wouldn't work out, and it would bring back the jokes about warlocks being raid bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv View Post
    I had this silly idea for a spell. Remember the boss Felmyst? Imagine the warlock breathing a small line in front of him that leaves the ground burning with fel flames, everyone that passes through gets slowed and the warlock generates bits of ember, target(s) also catches fire and leaves trails of flame behind him that behave the same way and last for as long as the slow does.

Yeah, that wouldn't work out, and it would bring back the jokes about warlocks being raid bosses.
    Don't give them ideas they nearly gave mages something exactly like that before minus the bonus trails