Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    It kills me that we lose RoF because people had trouble with a targeting reticule. Then come back and say that the rotation is too easy.
    I think the annoying thing about RoF was that it forced you to be within 30 yards of the boss rather than the usual 40, I always found that annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    . Shadowfury. Instant, 30s cooldown. Shadowfury is unleashed, stunning all enemies within 8 yds for 3 sec. Generates Burning Embers. Critical strikes double this effect.
    I don't think you meant to add the critical strike effect bit to shadowfury, it doesn't do any damage anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Ok without any new spell:

. Mortal coil. Instant, 45s cooldown. Causes the enemy target to run in horror for 3 sec. The caster restores 15% of their maximum health. Generates Burning Embers. Critical strikes double this effect.

. Shadowfury. Instant, 30s cooldown. Shadowfury is unleashed, stunning all enemies within 8 yds for 3 sec. Generates Burning Embers. Critical strikes double this effect.

The advantage would be to make our action priority list a little longer. Also there would be a strategic dimension, e.g. should I keep mortal coil for incoming damage or can I use it now.
    Of course the simplest way for Blizzard to rebalance destruction would probably to simply tune-up Mastery: Fiery Apocalypse
    Not sure why you would put "Critical strikes double this effect" on two abilities that deal absolutely no damage.
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

If Blizzard is particularly adverse to introducing a new spell to destruction, I have a feeling they'd approach ember generation in a roundabout manner. If the cost of Ember consuming spells (and the 4pc T16 requirement) was reduced from 10 to 8, then each ember we generate is worth approximately 25% more as compared to previous patches.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Man....people really want to bring Searing Pain back in some form, don't they?

I'd rather see fel flame work its way into the rotation (say slightly higher dpet than non backdrafted incinerates) which would give the spec great mobility (and an ability to fight back better in pvp) while not necessarily having to reinvent the wheel in terms of destro's spellbook. By all theorycrafting accounts haste is going to be pretty meh for destro in T16 so this change would fit into that direction.

I'm just worried blizzard (and aspects of the community at large) don't have the stones to accept the kind of coef buffs destro will need to be competitive and scale on par with its ranged/nuke based peers for 5.4 patch. Few spells + scaling issues + RoF crutch removal = needing quite a bit of increase. Even if those other changes needed to happen (eg RoF) now they are gone blizz needs to get real about the caliber of help destro needs.

An inverse ember buff (similar to 2xT15) would work but not any differently than just buffing ember regen 20-30% so I'm not sure why they would do it one way compared to the other. RoF was 30%'ish of destro's ember generation even single target so there is quite a void to fill. If we have less embers then our ember consumers have to be 30% bigger plus the fillers need to scale better to keep par with other specs. I really don't see how they will handle that for pvp considering people already scream rape when a CB hits them for more than 50K no matter how hard it is to actually use in rated play.

Deleted
    I'd rather see fel flame work its way into the rotation (say slightly higher dpet than non backdrafted incinerates) which would give the spec great mobility (and an ability to fight back better in pvp) while not necessarily having to reinvent the wheel in terms of destro's spellbook. By all theorycrafting accounts haste is going to be pretty meh for destro in T16 so this change would fit into that direction.
    I don't get how adding an instant spell in the cycle would help our Haste scaling :/

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    I don't get how adding an instant spell in the cycle would help our Haste scaling :/
    It wouldn't.
    All the change would do is force us to only cast Incinerate under backdraft and then switch to a different spell the rest of the time. I'd much prefer only having to cast one spell.

That said it would give us more mobility, but IIRC Fel Flame is better than Incinerate on PTR as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    but IIRC Fel Flame is better than Incinerate on PTR as it is.
    Sad state of affairs. You just know Blizzard is looking at Destro numbers and asking themselves "wtf are we gonna do with this"
    Those who you know as Warlocks are your Salvation through Destruction. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    PvP exists, and double-instant-chaos bolt would be both hilarious and wrong.
    As opposed to instant lava bursts with double-repeater procs?

I think each Backdraft charge should reduce Chaos Bolt cast time by 30%, to a max. of 90% at 3 charges consumed. It doesn't need to be instant. If you let a Warlock freecast long enough to build 2 burning embers *and* fire off 2 Conflagrates, you've probably lost already. I don't think the 1200 bracket matters enough to poo-poo suggestions like that.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Sad state of affairs. You just know Blizzard is looking at Destro numbers and asking themselves "wtf are we gonna do with this"
    There's no real good solution. I fully expect there to be some pretty odd changes down the road as blizzard starts trying things in this PTR cycle.

That or they'll give up and revert all the changes and give us a reverse-HoG-glyph for RoF. (Not what I want to have happen, but probably will)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    There's no real good solution. I fully expect there to be some pretty odd changes down the road as blizzard starts trying things in this PTR cycle.

That or they'll give up and revert all the changes and give us a reverse-HoG-glyph for RoF. (Not what I want to have happen, but probably will)
    Well I find one of the worst things about Destro is that because the spec has so few sources of damage, it becomes really difficult if not impossible to buff those few spells to be competitive in PvE without them becoming QQ worthy in PvP, and I really think that's why aside from some very adept play from players such as Zum that Destro has been held back in high-end PvE. What I don't understand is how it's ok for elemental shamans to hit for 100k~ and that be capable of proccing not only the mastery duplicated spell but also the talent (Echo of the Elements) duplicate; meanwhile, FS crits can proc instant LBs, also. But buffing Incinerate to hit more than 25-30k~ on players is too much to ask; which then holds Incinerate back from hitting as hard as it needs to in PvE.

Many players in this thread have already suggested what truly needs to be done - another spell added to the rotation to provide another source of damage and ember generation; sadly however, Blizzard will not add such an important spell mid-xpak as others have pointed out. So here we are - Limbo.
    Last edited by Shadowygoodness; 2013-07-10 at 10:11 PM.

Deleted
    We'll see what they do probably the easiest way to adjust destro damage without new spells and without completely changing present abilities is to increase the destro mastery. Wasn't it the idea behind masteries in the first place?

On the other hand it seems that affliction will be massively changed. Not sure it's a good idea mid-xpac however, unintended consequences will be found live, I'll bet many won't be found on ptr for lack of testing time.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2013-07-10 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    It would make no sense to have Shadowfury generating embers, this is a CC spell (not to mention it involves targetting with a reticule like RoF). And yeah I believe they won't add a new spell either.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-10 at 11:20 PM.

I doubt they would ever do this but what if Destro got a cooldown spell that generated about 5 emberbits on a 10 sec CD, sort of like Mind Blast?

Probably wouldn't work but seems interesting.

Deleted
    It would make no sense to have Shadowfury generating embers, this is a CC spell (not to mention it involves targetting with a reticule like RoF). And yeah I believe they won't add a new spell either.
    Granted it's probably not the most elegant solution. I was looking for available spells to change and there are not many ember-neutral spells.

Deleted
    Perhaps backdrafted Incinerates could give more emberbits, one more (2 hit/3 crit) or double (2/4) ? Since they can't really tweak the generation rate with the current resource system (1 is too few, 2 is too much), they have to find a middle ground. That would give 3 (up to 6 if double) more emberbits every 12 seconds, I don't think they are ready to go really further than that.
    That would need to be deactivated on FnB I guess (right ?).

Conflagrate giving 2/4 would be too few.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-07-10 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Its not a bad idea, but if we go with that idea that incinerate is going to get buffed (damage wise) because it clearly isint a good idea for FF to be even close to competitive it just leaves the issue of embers, i still think immolate is a good place to start there and buffing Backdraft like that would actually be kinda cool, but i really feel they need to make backdraft increase damage instead of haste aswell.

Deleted
    Now that they are adding useful glyphs, I would really like a glyph that allows to cast Dark Soul every minute for 10 sec instead of every 2 min for 20 sec.

They should add a new DoT, I'd like that.
    Or put a debuff on the target when Chaos Bolt hits.
    For the next 4 seconds your fel flame generates 3 embers.

Now that they are adding useful glyphs, I would really like a glyph that allows to cast Dark Soul every minute for 10 sec instead of every 2 min for 20 sec.
    But that would make Destro too strong in PvP.

/s

Seriously though. WTB!