Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I love how he was asked about the cloaks looking awful, that they're just beach towels hanging off us and not actual cloaks and he just completely ignored it. If you're going to make us work tediously all expansion for something as lame as a cloak update the damn model. Give us one that goes over the shoulder, doesn't clip and blows in the breeze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin set (Blueish version) is going to go well with my Tyrael's Charger!

tier sets continue getting ugly. dear blizz, hire a new drawing team, yours ran out of ideas several tiers ago

Didn't we already have sets that looked like this before? >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a dk and i like paladin set (Red version) Alot better then dks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zannypants View Post
    Doesn't mean much when only 1/5th is the actual playerbase.
    I wonder how many of that 3 Million got refunds after it didn't live up to the hype.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by AD Arbsbear View Post
    I wonder how many of that 3 Million got refunds after it didn't live up to the hype.
    You'll keep wondering,because you will never find out.But one thing is certain.The game is still played a lot from many players

The Druid Tier 16 set looks like its been using the Trojan Vibrating Twister.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyesma81 View Post
    Anyway, 'bleeding' or not, the current playerbase is still 5x of newer mmos after all this time.
    Though that may be true, WoW also has possibly up to or more than 50x the number of servers that newer MMOs have. An MMO with as much content as WoW on a server like US-Medivh that seems to have maybe 200 active Horde definitely feels like a dying (or bleeding out) game.

Deleted
    The new sets don't stand out at all. They may as well be hunter or warrior sets. Generic dark armor with a few bright-coloured aspects. Blizzard should hire some new "idea guys" for their Tier designs.

One of the few reasons I stopped playing this game... THEY'RE STILL GIVING PALADINS FUCKING DRESSES.

Oh goodness...Another atrocity placed atop a Druid's head. I really have to question why they have insisted on making Druid helms so fucking awful since LK. With the exception of T8 I don't think I have liked a Druid tier helm in this game for a very long time. Always ends up looking VERY bad. /hands head

At least I have my Troll's eyepatch for xmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    it disapp. me that now there's a leg. for everyone and it's a cloak thats shaped like a towel and clips models. Why no weapon?
    We feel like we've done that a lot before. We want to keep things fresh. When rewards are too predictable they get boring.
    These are a pretty different design than Fangs / Wrath. The problem with those was the expectation / entitlement.
    When there is too much expectation, the item goes from feeling like a bonus to a penalty.
    The "expectation/entitlement" is mostly Blizzard's fault - they gave us a legendary weapon in classic WoW and every expansion afterward prior to MoP. MoP was partially a welcome change from the norm in that we got a legendary gem and meta, but many still had the reasonable belief that at the end we would be rewarded for our efforts with a weapon. Sorry Blizzard, but the cloak slot isn't all that "legendary".

R.I.P.:

Last edited by Alayea; 2013-07-06 at 07:26 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Druid set is ok looking... but its not really druidish!

The "problem" with the Tier sets isn't that they necessarily look bad. It's that they look bad on the male human model. We don't really get to see how cool they look until we see them on appropriate races. The druid and shaman ones for example probably look much better on a tauren, for example. I play a troll and I hold my judgements until I can view the sets on a 3d model viewer.

Did MMO-Champ skip the Priest Tier 16 video?

rip gw2, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    rip gw2, seriously
    Not gona happen.GW2 will go just like GW1 did.For 5 more years with a three or four enxpansions until GW3 is out
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-07-06 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Try again. Most servers are are full or high population. In January the active concurrent players were more than 1 month after release. These are facts. Yours are not.

Play what you want, like what you want, but stop telling lies about that game. GW2 is going very strong, deal with it. I'd rather question Blizzard if they can't do more while their competitors release free content patches every 2 weeks while asking for no monthly subscription. Then feel free to play and enjoy whatever you want, but this stream of "inaccurate" statements about every game which is not WoW is really dumb.
    Every single day in GW2 related forums someone pops up to say "I heard that this game was dead but it's actually very vital!". You are not doing the WoW community a great service by giving the impression that you are just sour about the possibility that other MMOs may be successful. They can, that's a fact. It's not like that takes anything away from you. It should rather be a motivation for WoW developers to do better.
    Strong? There are 6-8 servers in GW2 with healthy populations, the rest of the servers are dead. By dead I mean you won't see more than 30-40 players period. Try leveling a new character, you will see no one in low level zones, for a game that is not even a year old that is pretty terrible.

In terms of actual data, they have lost anywhere from 80% to 90% of player activity since launch per Xfire. Website traffic to sites like Guildwars2.com and GuildWars2Guru have dropped 80% since launch. Per Raptr, GW2 is on par with SWTOR in terms of hours played (and SWTOR is supposed to be a "failure"). The traffic of /r/guildwars2 has also dropped 70% to 80% since launch. Again, all these various sources show a 70% to 90% drop in players.

Now this is not unique to GW2, many MMOs come out have a peak during launch and fizzle. GW2 also followed the same route, it is just like every other MMO out there. It is not special it was not "more successful". Today it is on par with SWTOR. But the future isn't so bright. NCSoft is putting all their money behind WildStar, so don't expect any big expansions from GW2. At least not while WildStar is around and popular. That is the reason Mike told players not to expect an expansion, the game doesn't have NCSoft's attention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Merp View Post
    Try again. Most servers are are full or high population. In January the active concurrent players were more than 1 month after release. These are facts. Yours are not.
    Servers being "Full" or "High" don't matter. Rift and SWTOR servers said "Full" and "High" when servers were dead. Developers can say "Full Server = 300 Concurrent" and call it a day. It means nothing.

I would love to see a source on that January stat you posted. That is impossible, since most data said a 70% drop from Sept '12 to Jan '13. If your source is Colin, please read what he wrote again. There is nothing factual about your statement.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2013-07-07 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Strong? There are 6-8 servers in GW2 with healthy populations, the rest of the servers are dead. By dead I mean you won't see more than 30-40 players period. Try leveling a new character, you will see no one in low level zones, for a game that is not even a year old that is pretty terrible.

In terms of actual data, they have lost anywhere from 80% to 90% of player activity since launch per Xfire. Website traffic to sites like Guildwars2.com and GuildWars2Guru have dropped 80% since launch. Per Raptr, GW2 is on par with SWTOR in terms of hours played (and SWTOR is supposed to be a "failure"). The traffic of /r/guildwars2 has also dropped 70% to 80% since launch. Again, all these various sources show a 70% to 90% drop in players.

Now this is not unique to GW2, many MMOs come out have a peak during launch and fizzle. GW2 also followed the same route, it is just like every other MMO out there. It is not special it was not "more successful". Today it is on par with SWTOR. But the future isn't so bright. NCSoft is putting all their money behind WildStar, so don't expect any big expansions from GW2. At least not while WildStar is around and popular. That is the reason Mike told players not to expect an expansion, the game doesn't have NCSoft's attention.
    It is funny how you manipulate your evidence. Some proponents of GW2 (or any other game as a matter of fact) may do this but you are no better. Website data does not translate to game activity. It might indicate a trend and yes, that is a fact that GW2 lost a lot of players compared to the launch month. But so did every other major MMO with two exceptions, WoW and EVE Online (but the second one being a niche game). That does not make all those games failures or dead titles. If you would use such line of judgement, than pretty much every online game apart from WoW, LoL and CoD is a failure. Going back to your website statistics. I visit MMO Champ more often than GW2 website and I dont play WoW since quite some time while I play GW2 almost every day till now. When GW2 launched I visited their website several times each day. Now I do that much less often. So according to you I should be an example of someone who plays WoW atm. Which is not the case.

You mention Xfire stats but only in terms of activity loss. Why not compare activity of WoW from MoP launch month to current one? You also mention Raptr stats where you indicate that GW2 and SWTOR has similar hours played stats yet you completly ignore the fact that SWTOR has been out for 19 months and GW2 for 10 months. That puts GW2 with almost double stats compared to SWTOR, not bad considering with how strong franchise brand SWTOR started out.

You claim that all but 6-8 servers are dead. I cant refute this becouse I dont have a character on every server. In this regard I can only provide anecdotal evidence about my server and I can say that the population is quite healthy. I see around much more people than I seen in WoW before the CRZ implementation. After that I would say they were pretty much comparable. But since I mention that. Do you have a character/account on every server? Do you transfer every month? If not, where do you pull your evidence from?

In the end, it does not matter which game is "better". It is all in the eye of the beholder. I spent my fair share of time in WoW. I will always respect this game. But right now I personally prefer GW2 and prefer to play it rather than WoW. And guess what, GW2 is not dying nor is dead. Same as SWTOR, same as Rift. The game will only be dead once the servers will shut-down as happened in cases of SWG or Tabula Rasa. Before this happens, none of those games are dead or something that "nobody cares about". And to please a bit the ego of WoW players, despite some subscriber losses in recent months, WoW is not dead nor dying as well. I hope you will all be able to enjoy your game for years to come without trying to prove to anyone who plays something else that all other games are worth sh** compared the only title that matters.