Poll: What scrapped raid should have made it?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by shikokumaji View Post
    It was intended to be a released alongside Firelands (hence only 7 bosses in t12) as a raid. It would've easily pushed up the boss count to 12-13 for that tier if it was bundled with Firelands but it was scrapped early on. It was never intended to be a 5 man, they specifically announced it as a raid and the art from the raid was also in the Cataclysm artbook that released with the Collector's Edition.
    Except for when they originally announced Cataclysm, and it was listed as a dungeon:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/08/22/bl...lysm-dungeons/
    http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/blizzc...llery/#2228320

Remember, too, that the original plan was for Firelands to be in at launch. It was later that they bumped it to 4.1 with the Abyssal Maw dungeon (which was only ever referred to as a raid in a single announcement, so that bit may have been in error), and then to 4.2 (when Abyssal Maw was dropped entirely).
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2013-07-07 at 07:15 PM.

This is why I would never watch blizzcon events when it comes to expansions.
    It is too easy for them to just "change their minds" or scrap things.

15+ Year Old Account
    The one in Stratholme. Where-ever the green portal leads :P Or was that supposed to take you to Naxxramas in beta?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    The one in Stratholme. Where-ever the green portal leads :P Or was that supposed to take you to Naxxramas in beta?
    That was intended to go to Naxxramas, but by the time patch 1.11.0 came around they'd moved away from putting raid portals inside of dungeons and instead added a teleporter in the Plaguewood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Except for when they originally announced Cataclysm, and it was listed as a dungeon:
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/08/22/bl...lysm-dungeons/
    http://wow.joystiq.com/photos/blizzc...llery/#2228320

Remember, too, that the original plan was for Firelands to be in at launch. It was later that they bumped it to 4.1 with the Abyssal Maw dungeon (which was only ever referred to as a raid in a single announcement, so that bit may have been in error), and then to 4.2 (when Abyssal Maw was dropped entirely).
    Cory Stockton refered to it as a raid.
    Originally Posted by Cory Stockton
    Last year’s Blizzcon and Cataclysm, you showed off a lot of artwork for the Abyssal Maw raid and you never released it. Do you have any plans and what happened to it?

We don’t have any plans to release the Abyssal Maw raid at this point. What Abyssal Maw was is a raid we were talking about doing for Cataclysm, that was going to fit into Vash’jir, and ended up — it just turned out that the storyline that we were telling within that raid and the bonds we were going to use didn’t fit with where we were going for the patch cycle. (Source)

Utgarde Pinnacle gets my vote. I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be a raid originally. Ymiron would've made a badass raid boss.

Lower Karazhan would be a very close second.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    This is why I would never watch blizzcon events when it comes to expansions.
    It is too easy for them to just "change their minds" or scrap things.
    80-85% of what they announce at Blizzcon makes it live. Usually they set ambitious plans and end up having to cut a few things. MoP was pretty close to being done when they announced it so a lot of what they announced made it to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I would have liked to see the War of the Ancients raid they talked about for Cata. The Well of Eternity wound up being the end product, but it fell flat imo. I would have liked to see more.
    ^This and Lower Karazhan. I would loved to see Azjol'Nerub as a zone.

Since Kara was my first legit raid, I have to vote lower karazhan. Although all of the other options sound awesome
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    I was agreeing with you. I was saying that the guy will continue to go against fact because his ego wouldn't allow him to be wrong
    Well now don't I feel silly. Apologies!
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    War of the Ancients, but Abyssal Maw or an Nerubian raid would rock too.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I would have liked to see the War of the Ancients raid they talked about for Cata. The Well of Eternity wound up being the end product, but it fell flat imo. I would have liked to see more.
    This. But it isn't on the poll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be T9 content and not T7. I felt that Naxx fit T7 quite well even though it was reused content.
    I'm not sure if they had set designations as to what tier they would be.

The original Azjo'nerub raid was going to be where we encountered Yogg-saron, so it would be odd to imagine it was planned as T9 - it had already been rolled into Ulduar at some point, which was T8.

I imagine they were just batted around as raids and scrapped in relatively early development points.

Regardless, the scrapped WOTLK raids are the ones I'd like to see most, Azjol'nerub most, Utgard and Gundrak following.

I'm baffled as to why Maw seems so popular other than it being in recent memory, I always dreaded the idea of it - blizzard have said in the past that they felt Azshara should get her own expansion, Maw felt like it was "stealing content" from a potential future expansion far too heavily, similarly to how they ended up addressing the emerald dream via books, I was worried it'd risk killing an Azshara expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-07-07 at 08:40 PM.

Deleted
    I voted Azjol'Nerub, but I would've liked WotA more I think (op doesn't list it)