Poll: What scrapped raid should have made it?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Scrapped raid you would have liked to see make it live

Blizzard has scrapped many of raids in their time. Either due to resources, or a change of story, these instances never have, and most likely never will, see the light of day. But out of all the ones they have scrapped, which one would you like to have seen?

Me? The Utgarde Pinnacle raid. The finish to the Vyrkul storyline and Ymiron was incredibly underwhelming, especially for such a mysterious Titan race.

EDIT: Either that, or the never before heard of Abyssal May ;D (spelling errors ftl)
    Last edited by babo7000; 2013-07-06 at 03:14 PM.

I would have liked to see the War of the Ancients raid they talked about for Cata. The Well of Eternity wound up being the end product, but it fell flat imo. I would have liked to see more.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I would have liked to see the War of the Ancients raid they talked about for Cata. The Well of Eternity wound up being the end product, but it fell flat imo. I would have liked to see more.
    Gaah I knew I was forgetting something. I change my vote. That was the one raid I was looking forward to the most.

Definitely Azjol Nerub. All of those art assets that just ended up as background eye candy in Ahn'kahet. D;

The Well of Eternity is a close runner up for the same reason, but I feel like Azjol Nerub had way more of a background in Warcraft 3 to hype it up, and it fit thematically with the Wrath expansion much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utgarde pinnacle, War of the ancients or Azjol Nerub really.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Gaah I knew I was forgetting something. I change my vote. That was the one raid I was looking forward to the most.
    Yup, I was so excited for it back when they talked about it in Blizzcon 2010, and I was sorely disappointed when I heard the raid was scrapped because Blizzard turned lazy for the rest of the expansion.

Deleted
    Abyssal Maw would have really helped close off some story holes during Cata.

Azol-Nerub raid would have really made Wrath, shame it wasn't used instead of TOC.

Deleted
    Gundrak would have been amazing. You are fighting the entire Drakkari empire, after all.

Where is my option to vote all of them?
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Could always change the poll, I think. Plus, I don't think the Emerald Dream was ever a raid they planned on doing, or said they were planning. There were blue posts years ago about having the Emerald Dream SOMEHOW in WoW, but they never hinted at some raid. The most they did was create an Emerald Dream place that some people accessed. It was never explained why they did that.

I'm so tired of people assuming War of the ancients was going to be a raid and claiming blizzard said it would be, entirely fabricated by the community.

Utgarde Pinnacle instead of ToC.

Lower Karazhan instead of Malygos or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    I'm so tired of people assuming War of the ancients was going to be a raid and claiming blizzard said it would be, entirely fabricated by the community.
    No no, they said it would be a raid in early Cata, realesed before the Deathwing raid (DS).

And I put Emerald Dream here simply because it was originally planned for something, but would must assuredly at least have had a raid.

Deleted
    Tough choic between Azjol-Nerub and UP, but voted for UP. Because Ymiron was a badass and desrved better than to die in a AoE fest"heroic".

Azjol Nerub or Gundrak. Azjol Nerub just had SO much promise, but Gundrak? The exterior was already there, and it's mind-blowingly huge!

Go look at Zul'Drak sometime again. The eastern parts of Zul'Drak, where the massive temple is, have no coastline to speak of... it's all one COLOSSAL troll building. The entire eastern part of the zone is one gargantuan, tiered troll construction. Fly along the outside edge of Zul'Drak over the sea sometime if you've never done it before. It's quite possibly the largest individual building in all of WoW, more massive than most capital cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    http://web.archive.org/web/201006160...on-cataclysm/?

Four paragraphs down. Tom chilton stated it would be a raid. Not fabricated at all.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Azjol'nerub for sure. Go look at Ahn'kahet for a couple minutes and see how beautifully crafted that instance is. Tons of things going on in the background. Although you can't go to any of these places this is what I imagined the Azjol'Nerub raid to look and feel like, it's really a shame that they didn't decide to go forward with it.

We ended up getting Ulduar though which I can't really complain about.

Abyssal Maw would have been amazing if it launched at the same time as Firelands. Would have been a nice contrast between fire and water.

Lower Kara. Kara was my fav instance of all time and more Kara is good!

15+ Year Old Account
    Lower Karazhan:

Really dark vibe which I would've loved no doubt.

Kara was one of the best places imo! So.. Lower Kara got my vote.