Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    most t16, maybe exept mage and rogue look good

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinne1 View Post
    They were the same for all people who wore that particular armor time. No innovation whatsoever.
    So... Just like the original pvp sets and the AQ sets? Ever bothered to consider that they looked similar because it was a way to "remind" the players of the original pvp sets? Guess not. Besides, I'd rather have my Horde warrior look similar to my Horde paladin than having my Horde warrior look exactly the same as an Alliance warrior. Oh and of course, it's all a matter of subjectivity.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Why does the DK gear look like warrior gear? Why does the warrior gear look like a mash of polygons and emergency lights? Why does the mage armor look like plate robes? Why does the rogue gear look like a mish-mash of every other rogue tier set? Why the feathers on the druid and paladin sets? Why are hunters wearing the tier 10 rogue armor? Why does the priest set look like 90% of all priest sets?

And why are the colors so washed out and ugly looking on all of these suits of armor?

The only tier 16 suit that looks alright so far is the Warlock suit, everything else is bland, boring, or just looks outright awful.

I don't love or hate tier 16. I just don't understand it. It's kind of...Titan? It's kind of...Horde-ish on some sets? They don't seem to match each class to say "THIS IS A HUNTER" or "THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A WARRIOR, NOT A PALADIN" imo. I dislike that they all have the same central theme, instead of having, say, more looks that would have been a celebration of different parts of the expansion. Or, had they stuck with mogu sets for ToT, they could have made a set for each Pandaria race for tier 16. something like that.

Like this, the sets feel too uniform. I confuse which one is which constantly in my memory. None of the stick out too much from one another to be memorable. Whereas, even with things like tier 13, you wouldn't confuse the mage set with the warlock set, or the leather sets, or anything. Everything was different from one another. We'll get sick of seeing rave lights on everyone a few weeks after 5.4's release, I'm sure.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

I think it's one of the weakest tiers of armor. People will always like and dislike things, though. I would probably say that this is, so far, the first tier of armors that I have yet to go 'wow' or be amazed at how at least one of them looks. Not saying they're horrible, but they are far from impressive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I completely disagree with your statements. I actually believe tier 16 is one of the best yet.

While I can understand why some of you would dislike it, as it is highly subjective, to me the paladin set, the druid set and the DK ones are some of the best I've ever seen (particularly the druid one, even though not entirely druidish, is simply overly badass). On the other hand, I dislike the warrior one with a passion, and believe the hunter one actually looks like a faceless one or old goddish-like. The mage I don't hate or like, while I like the demon-look the warlocks have (beside the fact that it's not finished yet). I'm still waiting for the monk one though.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol yes... one of the uglier tiers for sure, I actually don't like any of the MoP tiers. So I wasn't all too hopeful this would be any better than the rest, some of the T16 sets have even made me laugh out loud. Just because they are so damn horrific.

Yeah, a lot of MoP stuff is just a mess of a hundred random details just thrown together with no real cohesiveness. T16 seems particularly bad for this. Almost all of the Cloaks in MoP cloaks are the utmost example of this terrible style. It's like they made a design... then layered 5 other designs on top of it and then smoothed and desaturated the whole mess out to sort of match. It's like a garbage pile of grayed out colors and swirls etc.

again

ROBITS > all other opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Jakzz View Post
    I think they're pretty bland too, especially after what we have seen recently
    I'd be more okay if it actually was really bland. I could understand that, it is armor, after all, bland would be, at this point in time, fairly welcome :x Instead, it just seems... I don't know. Someone's warped opinion of what armor should look like, or something. It actually looks closer to wearable torture devices combined with vague ideas and assumptions of what the classes are, visually, all mixed into some super awkward blender.

15+ Year Old Account
    I LOVE hunter and DK set, tho on DK the legs and boots should have been..eh..bigger and more bulky
    T9 and T13 was worse in my opinion
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossNgen View Post
    I truly think that the guys who designed and made the challenge mode sets were the PvP set designers.
    Been wondering do PvE and PvP sets really have different designers. PvP sets have always, especially in MoP, been better looking. Atleast more class specific if not else. Warrior PvP set have always had that ironclad look i enjoy. Now this incoming T16 looks more like leather set. Those discolights dont really help.

There's just absolutely nothing iconic about any of them (the same for Cata, really). They're all full suits of armor with different shaped headpieces and shoulders. Now, that's pretty much how they've always been, but at least the old ones were more recognizable and unique. If I say Warlock t4, I remember the void set and the void circle that spawns at your shoulders. If I say Mage t6, I think about the purple that sticks out, as well as the pointy shoulder and the helm that looked like two energy swords from Halo. If I say Shaman t10, I think about the tribal feel of it; the skeletal helmet with tusks and the skeletal shoulders with the awesome spiritual animations.

If I say Hunter t15? Uhm...I think some spikey shoulders and I think an animal mask-looking helm. If I say Priest t14, well...I think it's got a collar, and something coming off of the shoulders, but that's it. The thing is, these both happened within the past year; I remember sets from 5 years ago much better.

Now, this is flawed. I was picking some of the older sets that I knew, and I avoided some I didn't (most of the rogues' ones, but to be fair those have always been bland). Also, I haven't played as much in the newer expacs than Wrath/BC. Maybe you all can vividly recall the details of every single MoP / Cata tier set, and that's awesome. But for me, I can't, and that's proof enough for me that they've dropped the ball.

I think a couple of them are alright- the ones clearly based off of orgrimmar architecture do what they set out to do.

Seeing the druid and paladin tiers next to each other on the front page is pretty damn silly, though :P. To be fair, neither paladins nor druids fit in with traditional orc culture at all so they couldn't do a good orgrimmar theme, but they could've done something starkly cool/different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    Been wondering do PvE and PvP sets really have different designers. PvP sets have always, especially in MoP, been better looking. Atleast more class specific if not else. Warrior PvP set have always had that ironclad look i enjoy. Now this incoming T16 looks more like leather set. Those discolights dont really help.
    You can notice it by the difference in quality, there's no way the same guy who designed the season 14 warrior set also designed the tier 16 warrior set, because there's a huge shift in quality between the two.

Deleted
    Damn, what's wrong with those sets, people?
    I find them nice and detailled.
    The Paladin one looks like Judgement Set (even I don't like it very much) being blessed by the Red Crane.
    The Druide one is pretty decent and I like those "feathers"
    The Death Knight is cool too. We can make a "disturbing" look without skulls everywhere.
    I don't find the Warrior one ugly. I find it "barbarian" and interesting. And the glowy effect don't bother that much.
    The Priest and the Rogue ones look good too.
    I admit the Hunter one is a bit too "odd" and the Mage one looks like the "Dragon soul" set one but It looks nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    Most of the recent PvP sets have been exceedingly ugly.

Overall those Sets are cool but those helmets...my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I have against them is that they all look the same. ;_;

DK set is incredibly good, with that whole techno-dark warrior theme going. Reminds me of Warhammer actually.
    Last edited by madokbro; 2013-07-06 at 08:39 PM.