Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I always had a thing for Gastly/Haunter and Gengar, but Gengar is my favorite.

Deleted
    i allways loved muk and wheezing but never used them in the origonal game due to the lack of good moves. same with scyther was cool lacked moves. however nowerdays wheezing is another story and i hav it in my team as a phisical tank.

however zapdos is amazing same with aero so those two it was a coin toss for me and i still use them both now. however overall my fave has to be houndoom

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunter and Kadabra, the latter being immensely useful when you never had a link cable

Deleted
    There's too many and most of them are Fire-types... But if I have to choose one, it's Growlithe. I'd just want to snuggle one to death!

Then there's Ninetales and Charmander and Flareon and Charizard and...

Geodude, Graveler, and Golem were all pretty awesome. I remember being really excited when I got my first Golem..

Deleted

Oh yeah!!

Can't decide between Jolteon or Scyther

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Voltorb, Muk, Magnemite, Mr. Mime, Electorbe, Grimer, Magneton, Exeggcute, and Jynx are all animals, right???

Don't forget Ghastly, Haunter, and Gengar either.
    No they are not all animals. However, they look more natural.

Magnemite could very well be only the sphere and the magnets and bolts are attracted to it because of magnetism.
    Same applies to Magneton. (3 Magnemites together? )

Grimer is your standard issue gelatinous cube or ooze of any standard RPG. Same applies to Muk.
    (Notice a pattern? :P You picked the most unrealistic pokemon from the original pokedex and their evolutions)

Exeggcute fits the natural theme perfectly, as it's a bunch of eggs. ( Notice that in my original post I never mentioned that they are real life like, just that they look something that in a bizarre universe could very well be natural).

Ghastly, Haunter and Gengar are ghosts, they are ghostly gas.

Jynx and Mr. Mime I give you, perhaps this is why they both are my least favourite of the originals.

And then you have pokemon like Golurk ( A mechanical golem?) and Bishark which looks like straight out of a Robot Anime.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do believe that all this is subjective, and I highly doubt one can have an objective opinion on these matters because of vastly different tastes. This is just my opinion.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-07-23 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Count_Satyros View Post
    Magnemite could very well be only the sphere and the magnets and bolts are attracted to it because of magnetism.
    Same applies to Magneton. (3 Magnemites together? )
    Okay.

Grimer is your standard issue gelatinous cube or ooze of any standard RPG. Same applies to Muk.
    (Notice a pattern? :P You picked the most unrealistic pokemon from the original pokedex and their evolutions)
    Your bias is showing, when you bring up Bishark and Golurk, they both easily look as if they came from an RPG (Well, mostly Golurk, typical gollum enemy?) However, when it comes to Grimer/Muk, this somehow adds up to them being natural or... something? I don't get it.

Exeggcute fits the natural theme perfectly, as it's a bunch of eggs. ( Notice that in my original post I never mentioned that they are real life like, just that they look something that in a bizarre universe could very well be natural).
    Eggs that evolve into a coconut tree.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2013-07-23 at 06:13 PM.

Your bias is showing, when you bring up Bishark and Golurk, they both easily look as if they came from an RPG (Well, mostly Golurk, typical gollum enemy?) However, when it comes to Grimer/Muk, this somehow adds up to them being natural or... something? I don't get it.
    It's not the fact that they come from an RPG, and my argument was indeed invalid regarding those two. It's more like the fact that it looks like a creature that somehow evolved in a bizarre universe. The Golurk looks too manmade to be something appearing somewhere naturally.

Eggs that evolve into a coconut tree.
    Reading a bit about Exeggcute I found this here :
    Despite looking like eggs, Exeggcute are actually more closely related to plant seeds.
    So there you go, the magic in a leaf stone makes the seeds grow
    Thing is, again, my issue is not how unlikely or illogical they are, but the fact that they look natural in their habitat.

However, once again, all of this is subjective.
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2013-07-23 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Typos, Formatting

By far. Mew just has this thing I cannot really determine. Mew also is the favourite of them all with Celebi and Suicune being extremely close.

Mew <3
    Celebi <3
    Suicune <3
    Last edited by Well; 2013-07-23 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Charmander for sure. I remember sleeping with a Charmander doll when i was little.

Poliwhirl.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    Charmander for sure. I remember sleeping with a Charmander doll when i was little.
    I have a huge Charizard plushie. The only thing that bothered me is that he's stuck in the sideways head pose like this:

Really annoyed me when I was little. Now, I think he's badass :P

Favorite Pokémon by style I believe Pidgeot. Badass Bird.
    For playing, it was long ago, but I guess Lapras. Damn Tank with Sheer Cold.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Mewtwo
    2. Snorlax

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    By far Scyther.

Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    differently going with scyther