Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    A million other threads of this nature. Go find them and post your biased, unprofessional, and narrow-scope opinions there.
    implying any other opinion is biased, and professional.

...give me a break.

any chance of any thing "fixing" something that makes tons of money? no, cause it makes money and there for is not broken in the eyes of the money receivers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I never stated that the game (or gas station) were wrong. I stated that without knowing all of the information you cannot assume that the actual information favors your opinion.
    The gas station analogy was just to show that we as humans don't always feel the need to voice our pleasure, or displeasure; We simply move on or we don't.
    i agree, without the information, we cant really say if it favors one theory over another. but it has been used to contradict other posters in this very thread, that since "4 million quit" it had to be all for the same reason "the game is too casualized". thats another extreme assumption that is wrong. or at least equally as wrong since they dont have all the information either.

i still dont think the game has any problems, i think the players are the problems. they cant be nice and helpful. they think its cool and cute and clever to troll. LFR gives them their thrill. the concept of LFR was wonderful, the ability to let annoying players troll.. not so much. but i think flexi raiding will fix that. still remains to be seen. but i have that feeling.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    That is far more detrimental.

If your argument is that it is unwise to cater to the top 1% because they are such a small percentage, than the same logic applies that it would be unwise to cater to the bottom 1%. Except worse because the other 99% of players are bored and have nothing to work for.

WoW already does cater to the lowest common denominator anyway, and clearly its not working.
    It's still the best solution. There are ways to cater to the lowest common denominator. It's not simply ONE specific thing that you do. Obviously Blizzard has made a mistake somewhere (and everyone is suddenly an armchair developer over it) and needs to correct it, but that doesn't mean that the entire direction of their efforts has to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I bite my tongue in game because I cant be arsed, but when I see people in brawlers guild complaining that bosses are too hard and that LFR gear should be enough I just sigh a little.
    this just it people whine when they cant do something, welcome to WoW, and the whole internet for that matter. heck welcome to life!

Edit: also brawlers guild should be about learning the fight, being alert and aware, and knowing your class, not if you have enough gear, but that is just my opinion
    Last edited by MisterMxyzptlk; 2013-07-07 at 03:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got some enjoyment on my first pieces of LFR loot. But it pales in comparison to the HC shoulders I got awhile back. I felt like I genuinly earned them for being pretty decent. Rather than just showing up.
    time vs reward. you felt somewhat happy getting a few LFR pieces.. it took you less time to get them. it took you more time to get your Heroic shoulders... you feel MORE rewarded. nothing wrong with that at all. thats how it should feel actually. LFR isnt broke, nor is it the problem. its the players. stop trying to be the biggest asshole in LFR and it wont feel like such a chore to everyone that has to put up with you. (not you specifically just 'you' in context)
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2013-07-07 at 03:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I dont particularly care Pebrocks and I know that every fart blizzard takes is sunshine and rainbows to you,
    I dislike plenty of things that Blizzard has done, I'm just not as vocal about it as other people. But this isn't a thread about me now is it?

I bite my tongue in game because I cant be arsed, but when I see people in brawlers guild complaining that bosses are too hard and that LFR gear should be enough I just sigh a little.
    The only thing that is infecting WoW is people like you who care about how other people play or have fun. Sure I agree Brawler's Guild (or at least the later bosses) should not be killed by LFR geared players, but that doesn't mean you should make it seem their enjoyment is less than yours.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

People can decide with their wallets whether they want WoW fixed or not. If Blizzard takes a dump and people continue to eat it up, why should they change?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As of late, it would seem to be Blizzard's belief that the way to solve their declining sub crisis is to 'casualize' the game more and make it more 'accessible". Is there any chance in your mind that they could make a reversal?
    They're about as stubborn as players thinking the game is broken. Good luck getting the players to think the game is not broken and make a reversal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerSwirl View Post
    WoW already does cater to the lowest common denominator anyway, and clearly its not working.
    Incorrect, WoW caters to multiple demographics.

It caters to casuals with LFR, easier 5 mans, gear scaling in battlegrounds and plenty of dailies. Soon it'll also introduce Flex-raids which will probably boost the PUG scene too.

It caters to raiders with reasonably challenging normal raids and difficult heroic modes, while also having dailies and LFR if desired but by no means required (argument can be made for the Tillers, if you need feasts).

It caters to the extreme hardcore players with heroic modes that are brutally punishing in the first few weeks of a tier, essentially becoming a tournament between a dozen or so serious guilds that really want the fame of being the first to defeat the encounter (often while woefully underequiped for the task).

It caters to achievement hunters, having a huge number of achievements to gather (its mind boggling how some people have more then I do, I suspect I'm average on total achievements and I spent a long time on some of them!).

It caters to people who enjoy collecting pets and mounts, with hundreds of each spread out over the entire game world and inside nearly every dungeon.

Only way Blizzard could improve in any area is by neglecting another.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If by "fixing" you mean "catering to your personal whims" then no.

If by fixing you mean catering to the majority of the playerbase, then I'd say they are doing a good job already and working on improving that every day.
    you shouldnt catering to the majority of the playerbase through bad game design...

Wow is at a pretty good spot right now but i came from a position of loving the game to not love it as much as it has changed into something with a bad mix of casual and hardcore. Fair enough if you keept them seperate but they dont. Lfr is the best source of gear for one to catch up with current raids. Sure there are other sources, last tiers raids, but nothing really offer what lfr does. Which 'forces' the more 'hardcore' minded people who wanna do all they can to help their guilds to go lfr, even if its not catering to them. To me lfr is a crappy experience. Random people, no down sides to being afk, jerks or trolls.

to me wotlk raiding wise was at its best, not the raids themselves but the lockout system, the easy normal and hard hc(icc/togc). Should add 1 more (like they do with flex) and completly remove lfr as it does no good towards the community wow had. Same goes for lfd. Remove that shit and make it easier to chat with people from other realms to make up groups. Fly to the instances, and summon people. Old but the game design is better and more adventurish, which the game got nothing of anymore.

At wotlk as a noob i could still pug 25man icc every week without any trouble, on a bad populated realm. Maybe i didnt get more than 6 bosses down, but that used to be enough! If i wanted to see epic battles youtube was there, and i could watch them in awe as they defeated the Lich King, i wanted to see and beat Lich king myself, as why i tried to get better. Todays newbies have no reason to become better, they see lfr and think 'wtf is this the raiding they have been saying was so awesome errh...." Cause that is what you must be thinking beating the raid without any cooperation, speaking and while watching some mage standing in the corner pating his blue whelpling and the rogue just jumping around like a silly goose. Catering to casuals by handing them all without they giving anything to the game? Bad game design in my opinion.

But fair enough we all got different perspectives and opinions. I just shrug by the thought of when that magic instant lvl90 option will come life, cause someone didn't have time to level and who wanted to see the end raid.

Edit: remember it might not be punishing to you that you dont get hc raids done as you are a casual, but it is very punishing for someone who want to raid normal and hc to get into the loot fest lfr is. Remove this punishing feeling and sure keep lfr, do it all you want i just dont want to 'have' to do it to keep up, not even once or twice.(its ruining the feeling of progression totally, thank you blizzard for delaying lfr openings compared to normal, that is making about all in my guild very happy compared to the Dragon Soul tier).

All in all though im very happy with the game but i see the end somewhere out there, for me atleast. Right now i'll keep playing cause i luuuv my guildmates. Piece out!
    Last edited by wrynil; 2013-07-07 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The only thing that is infecting WoW is people like you who care about how other people play or have fun. Sure I agree Brawler's Guild (or at least the later bosses) should not be killed by LFR geared players, but that doesn't mean you should make it seem their enjoyment is less than yours.
    Off topic, but the only things that annoy me about Brawler's Guild is not having multiple arenas and not being told who your opponant is until they aggro you. Give us a few seconds to prepare, and have two fights going on at once (it would dramatically reduce the queue times on highly populated servers)!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but do you actually get fulfillment from LFR? And dont bullshit me to keep your argument relevant, tell me the honest truth so I can go and weep for the state of gaming already.
    I do. Go ahead and weep, doesn't matter to me.

The first time you run them, yeah great, this is fun seeing all the stuff. Then they become a chore very quickly afterwards. With the "legendary" questline riding on the coattails, convincing you to do more LFR.
    Subjective. I find it fun to roll through LFR even when I'm loot-locked for extra valor just because I enjoy it; it's the same reason that even more than a decade later I can keep coming back to Megaman Legends 1 and 2 despite playing it on the easier difficulties. Maybe I'm easy to please; that's fairly irrelevant in the face of trying to make sweeping generalizations in a playerbase numbering in the millions in either direction.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they "fix" the game, not for the game itself, but so THESE threads can stop, go post in the existing 49857457 posts about thing already
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post

They only had 12million active subscriptions at the peak so where are you getting this 30 million from?

you don't catch onto sarcasm well do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    They only had 12million active subscriptions at the peak so where are you getting this 30 million from?
    Probably turnaround. More people quit then new people joined. So let's say 28 million joined, 30 million left. Net loss of 2 million.

Thats where your wrong though, the advent of "free gear for everyone" is a fairly new concept to WoW.

Whereas in comparison, when the game was at its peak for years, the general consensus was that you should have to earn your gear. Even in wrath they had a nice balance, the difficult content was there, but the easy content wasnt totally faceroll (with exception to a certain few bosses.
    Yet, in the so called "peak" the term "welfare epics" was created. So how is that a new concept to WoW?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

These threads always end up being an LFR debate lol.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

i just love these threads, that bring out all the wannabe elitists, that are not clearing heroic content, not doing challenge modes, and probably do zero arena/rated battlegrounds.

because, the ones that are doing these things, especially the ones clearing heroic content, don't post on here about how casuals are ruining the game.

only the ones that, if they are clearing content, it's after it has been nerfed into oblivion, or is a tier behind, or they're maybe 3 of () hardmode.

and they're usually posting with some slippery slope, ad hoc, or an ad hominem fallacy too boot.

Thats where your wrong though, the advent of "free gear for everyone" is a fairly new concept to WoW.

Whereas in comparison, when the game was at its peak for years, the general consensus was that you should have to earn your gear. Even in wrath they had a nice balance, the difficult content was there, but the easy content wasnt totally faceroll (with exception to a certain few bosses.
    Naxx was faceroll the entire expansion. But the rest of the post I agree.