Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Get rid of LFR/LFG and take 5 man heroics back to BC style where teamwork and lots of CC and smart pulling was needed and i would be a happy camper.

Originally Posted by ManOluck
    Just because people are running LFR isn't because it is fun or engaging. It is because it is the only means to realisticly progress your character if you are not in a normal/hardmode guild. In vanilla wow people had all sorts of means to progress there characters because items actually felt powerful when you obtained them, even from a dungeon. Casual players could, for example, upgrade the dungeon sets to epic quality with long/intense quest chains that gave people something to do and wasn't drool on your keyboard content like LFR.

The world felt larger because flying mounts and rediculas amounts of portals to every location didn't exist giving people a reason to go out into the world. Dungeons were long crawls that many enjoyed as it made there accomplishments seem even sweeter when they obtained them (Blue gear from dungeons felt alot more epic then LFR gear even if they were blue in color but not in spirit). Some people may not like attunements but at least the developers were trying to engage the player in exploring the world with non linear questing, as opposed to the on rails questing that we have now.

The game was based more on the world experience and RPG elements of building a character (talent points) then looking for that quick fix from a gear slot machine that is LFR.

The game today is a game of menu's and repeating the same content over and over with little sense of progression where as in Vanilla and BC everyone felt liek they were progressing at there own pace regardless of who saw the content right when it was release (if someone hasnt seen content just because it wasnt new when they cleared it doesnt make it any less new for the player). All groups of people could run something that was tailored to them that wasn't stream lined like LFR. Heroic Dungeons , Tier 0.5, long dungeon Crawls, Karazhan for the friend/family guilds , SSC for the more hardcore etc etc.

Now the game has de-evolved from a classic RPG dungeon crawl/build your character/explore the world , to sit in town, open a menu and queue for content or run 4 different difficulties of the EXACT SAME RAID TIER causing burning out. This is what happens when you create fast food consumed type content.

The RPG aspect of progression in this game is Dead. Enjoy your boring epic saturated content that gives no sense of accomplish to the majority of the player base.

Blizzard has confused players with limited time to play with being inherently bad and thus giving them boring content akin to LFR.

Would Zelda as fun if he could kill Ganon by avoiding to hunting for pieces of the mastersword by simply farming valor for a few weeks and buying it from a merchant? People want a journey when obtaining gear and progressing there character and the current model rapes players of that experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    I love this post ! Bring back the epic feelings of accomplishment and adventure!

Sorry for all the errors , it was late and I was tired.

You can't fix what isn't broken.
    I think the game is at the best of its lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Korrah View Post
    You can't fix what isn't broken.
    I think the game is at the best of its lifespan.
    100% agree, this game is as casuel as you make it.

If you think its easy then try getting to heroic animus for instance.
    The end game content is very challenging.

Please lock this thread and stop complaining about WoW when its not broken at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    WoW's beyond fixing...
    I agree. There are things that Blizzard could do to fix what's broken, however they don't want to do anything that would cause players to leave, which would hurt the revenue stream. At this stage, WoW is a cash cow that Blizzard wants to milk for all its worth.
    Last edited by Norjak; 2013-07-07 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norjak View Post
    I agree. There are things that Blizzard could do to fix what's broken, however they don't want to do anything that would cause players to leave, which would hurt the revenue stream. At this stage, WoW is a cash cow that Blizzard wants to milk for all its worth.

They have already caused players to leave by the millions.

10+ Year Old Account
    interesting to read here what the focus of the problem that needs "fixing" People have different perspectives.

For me, 5.4 is a backstep. Introducing more avenues of raiding, introducing more of battlegrounds type weeklies, and seesaw class fixes are part of my frustrations (currently). My interest in playing next tier is waning.

Could be the state of the game...and could be the way it is....until next xpac.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Its almost like, and stay with me here, because it's going to kick you in your hillbilly ass (name that quote), that the more accessible the game is, the better it does!
    Offtopic: Just got home and seen this its from Kahn off King of the Hill and for bonus points the from the episode where he makes the mega pro-pain gril while off his meds.

"I guess I kinda cheated because I seen that episode 2 nights ago but I have seen it more times then WOW has lost subs this xpac....ZING!!!!!!!!!"

If I get infracted for that joke then mods have no humor lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gniral View Post
    the first 2 games were going down like crazy before going F2P.
    gw2 is a new game and its B2P only so it can only grow obviously. the other 2 are in no way comparable to wow.
    so wow is actually doing very good considering its age and its sub model.
    Please do show the sub numbers for Rift and how it was going down like crazy before the f2p change because last time I checked they only hinted at there sub numbers once and it was right after release.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-07-07 at 10:17 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Wow and the greatest game in classic and the TBC exp, then they watered downed everything. No matter what the noobs and casual say nothing beats leveling to 60 in 20 days played and having the gear and getting attuned in dungeons to finally have the right to do 40 man raids. The current everyone is a winner mentality is just good for the bottom feeders.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I don't know about you, but I quit raiding 25 man in MV, did LFR till ToT, then returned to the raiding scene despite having killed Lei Shen on LFR. Let me tell you, the LFR experience isn't even close to just normal, much less heroic. I enjoy the fun challenge of raiding again with a team.

What you're seeing is not LFR taking away from raiding but simply a game that is aging and less and less new players because, let's face it, since it's had 30,000,000+ over the last 8 years there isn't exactly a giant pool of new people to pull from. Eventually every game slowly begins a downfall.
    I'm sure I'll get infracted or banned for this, but that is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard. You are saying that the player pool for gaming isn't there? You are saying that in the past 8 years, now is the worst time for gaming? Gaming is HUGE now compared to any other time in its history. To say that "they ran out of possible players" is not even close to anything reasonable. There are tons of new gamers everyday and to think that WoW has merely run out of players is just naive.

People aren't playing WoW for a reason, they don't enjoy it enough to pay for it. That is all there is to it. If the game was fun for those 30mil over 8 years, they'd still be playing it mostly, minus some who would have quit due to being too old etc etc. Hell, I'm 29 and I still play seriously. Not as crazy and hardcore as I used to, but still keep a raiding schedule while working. If something is good enough to you, you'll find a way to do it.

Saying all the "it's old" or "people don't want to spend money" etc etc, it's all just crap. It takes away from what is actually causing players to leave which isn't either of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Clarification: This is not a threae about casualization destroying the game; its about if you think they could fix it.
    This is exactly what this thread is about. The assumption going in is that WoW needs to be "fixed" because of the alleged problem of casualization.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    I'm sure I'll get infracted or banned for this, but that is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard. You are saying that the player pool for gaming isn't there? You are saying that in the past 8 years, now is the worst time for gaming? Gaming is HUGE now compared to any other time in its history. To say that "they ran out of possible players" is not even close to anything reasonable. There are tons of new gamers everyday and to think that WoW has merely run out of players is just naive.

People aren't playing WoW for a reason, they don't enjoy it enough to pay for it. That is all there is to it. If the game was fun for those 30mil over 8 years, they'd still be playing it mostly, minus some who would have quit due to being too old etc etc. Hell, I'm 29 and I still play seriously. Not as crazy and hardcore as I used to, but still keep a raiding schedule while working. If something is good enough to you, you'll find a way to do it.

Saying all the "it's old" or "people don't want to spend money" etc etc, it's all just crap. It takes away from what is actually causing players to leave which isn't either of those things.
    Pretty much this.

The reason gaming is so huge is because of the availability of technology now compared to 10 years ago.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post

I'm saying the gaming pool for WOW specifically is shrinking. After 30m players already having played it, there are less and less people who haven't tried it at some point to join in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexxie View Post
    You might be interested in Wildstar! Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...EhnHFak#t=510s

17 Lead and Senior Vanilla WoW ex Blizz devs work on this.
    I'm not very interested in Wildstar, seems like another hyped game like GW2 was and look how shit that game is, they can't even reward you decently for any content you do.

The only reason I'm going ESO is I grew up to elder scrolls games and they are ALL badass, oblivion #1 yoloswag.

I'm sure Wildstar will be an ok MMO though.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Sorry, but compared to MoP TBC was utter crap (gameplay / class balance wise).
    Yeah the theme was great and I still have lots of fond memories, but If wow would be like TBC today, it would be dead already.
    I disagree, but to each his own. I hate panda's with a passion, too childish for WoW imo. I think you hit the spot with "the theme was great". Some people, like me, just can't handle certain themes. Whether that makes me shallow or what idc I strongly believe TBC was a much better xpac. And are you really suggesting pvp was more unbalanced TBC than MoP with all the CC we have now>

Gameplay is better now? Nothing has given me the awesome feeling I got after entering that huge green portal to outland and fighting space orcs. Illidan was a badass, too. Nothing has given me the epicness of defeating the lich king, WoW imo has gone to shit ever since Cata. I will say though MoP is much better than Cata, that expansion was... *sunglasses* a catastrophe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm not very interested in Wildstar, seems like another hyped game like GW2 was and look how shit that game is, they can't even reward you decently for any content you do.
    Yeah, shit game with a rapidly growing population instead of one shrinking at a record pace like WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Fixing" it would indicate that something is broken with it.
    There isn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Yeah, shit game with a rapidly growing population instead of one shrinking at a record pace like WoW.
    Re: Wildstar and rapidly growing population

Perhaps we should hold off on that until some time--say six years or so--has gone by. Attempting to compare the growth in a brand new title to a game that's been around for nearly a decade is a strawman argument of the highest order.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    I hope you're joking lol. The only time GW2 gets a decent population is when they announce their newest monthly 1hour worth of content update and everyone logs in for a day then logs right the fuck back out to go back to bigger and better games. It's the truth, I've been playing since beta and there is literally nothing to do but grind the same old shit 24/7, no end game, no nothing.

Pvp is shit boring, horribly unbalanced and only has ONE, yes ONE mode which is conquest and it fucking SUCKS. WvW is just mass zergs which is fun for about 15 minutes, enjoy not having mounts if you die and have to run for an hour to get back into the fight. Keep in mind I've played GW1 for 7 years and am 50.50 HoM but there is no denying GW2 is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I hope you're joking lol. The only time GW2 gets a decent population is when they announce their newest monthly 1hour worth of content update and everyone logs in for a day then logs right the fuck back out to go back to bigger and better games. It's the truth, I've been playing since beta and there is literally nothing to do but grind the same old shit 24/7, no end game, no nothing.

Pvp is shit boring, horribly unbalanced and only has ONE, yes ONE mode which is conquest and it fucking SUCKS. WvW is just mass zergs which is fun for about 15 minutes, enjoy not having mounts if you die and have to run for an hour to get back into the fight. Keep in mind I've played GW1 for 7 years and am 50.50 HoM but there is no denying GW2 is garbage.
    Funny, GW1 is total crap in a lot of people's eyes because it isn't even an MMO.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    I know how to fix it, first blizz needs to troll the boards on their site and here, and try to find the link between your and other whiners threads, then they ban. Problem solved, wow is fixed.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.