10+ Year Old Account

ReforgeLite Stat Weights

ARMORY

Getting to the final stages being pretty much knowing everything I need to do as Frost. But this final issue has been evading me since I can't find a concrete answer.

As of right now I'm using the following ReforgeLite stat weights;

My issue is comparing IcyVeins, Kuni's Frost Guide and Noxxic , I'm not sure why its telling me to reforge Mastery over Crit when Kuni / Icyveins is telling me to go Crit > Mastery. And if anyone could tell me what to alter to make this correct that would help me a lot

If anyone could help me out with how to do this I'd be very grateful
    Last edited by Velk; 2013-07-06 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Messed up Question

I always though you want around 25-27% crit as frost so procs carry you over to the cap.. But hell been so disconnected from frost so best bet is to wait for the frost mages to come and post what is what^^

reforgelite stats are effectively "placeholders" and just rough guildlines. what you're ment to do is run your character through simc and then input those stat weights into reforgelite

alternatively you can just set it to basic mode (by unticking advanced mode) and use a priority order

as mrgreenthump said, you dont want to start getting mastery over crit until you get close to the crit softcap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    reforgelite stats are effectively "placeholders" and just rough guildlines. what you're ment to do is run your character through simc and then input those stat weights into reforgelite

alternatively you can just set it to basic mode (by unticking advanced mode) and use a priority order

as mrgreenthump said, you dont want to start getting mastery over crit until you get close to the crit softcap
    Mastery vs Crit and Int (Gemming) vs Haste are the two areas where it is best to run reforge plots for your particular character and bomb choice.

Deleted
    U should have 21-22% crit. After that go mastery. The fact is that the proccs at this tier brings huge int values which increases your crit above the shattercap. Crit over the shattercap is pointless.
    I dont know your itemlvl but at roughly 230-235 u should have enough passive crit that u dont need to reforge (all belongs to personal gearing).
    So set the critcap in reforgelite to 21% and the rest dump into mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    The really quick and easy way to do it is just use int gemming and go for haste>mastery>crit.

Otherwise you really need to just try things out and decide what you feel works best.

There's no need to use reforgelite's advanced mode as a mage.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

I would also have a look at this fabulous haste cap thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ost+haste+caps

This thread goes into the depth of stats. So you don't want max haste, but you want haste to a cap (for nether tempest/living bomb) and after that reforge everything into mastery. You should have enough crit anyway. I reforged and gemmed totally out of crit and I still have 22,28% self buffed. That is more then enough regarding the int procs from the trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would like to thank everyone for their feedback. Really helped me out!

*EDIT*

Would like to ask if someone could tell me how much Critical Strike Rating is 23%. Wondering so I can set a cap in ReforgeLite. Thanks!
    Last edited by Velk; 2013-07-06 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velk View Post
    Would like to thank everyone for their feedback. Really helped me out!

*EDIT*

Would like to ask if someone could tell me how much Critical Strike Rating is 23%. Wondering so I can set a cap in ReforgeLite. Thanks!
    It doesn't quite work like that, because you're neglecting the crit you get from intellect. (int*0,00039=crit%)
    So basically, what you need to do is take the crit value gathered from your total intellect (buffed), and subtract that from the 23% before multiplying that number with 600 (which is the amount of crit rating needed for 1%)

And of course, take the baseline crit into account before coming up with a final number.

Because of that, the crit threshold for a frost mage will always move up and down, depending on the static amount of intellect provided by gear.
    Last edited by mmocc2b371ec35; 2013-07-07 at 04:31 AM.

you need to think about it. crit is worthless after the cap

Quote Originally Posted by ciaro View Post
    It doesn't quite work like that, because you're neglecting the crit you get from intellect. (int*0,00039=crit%)
    So basically, what you need to do is take the crit value gathered from your total intellect (buffed), and subtract that from the 23% before multiplying that number with 600 (which is the amount of crit rating needed for 1%)

And of course, take the baseline crit into account before coming up with a final number.

Because of that, the crit threshold for a frost mage will always move up and down, depending on the static amount of intellect provided by gear.
    To add to this, 23% isn't exactly a cap of any sort, it's a rough number at best. Anywhere from 20%-23% crit should be fine. If it's too much work to figure out, just reforge into mastery instead of crit. It won't hurt your dps that much either way you go and in fact, some people find better results by just ignoring crit.