Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Just give every spec a PvE interrupt already ....

How about make sure every spec has at least a 20 second no resource interrupt/kick that will reset the cooldown on mob abilities.

Doesn't have to have a lockout (2 sec at most), doesn't have to have a silence at all, just a button you can push to kick a cast bar.

Give it a short range, say, 10-15 yards max for non-melee classes.

If it doesn't work on players, fine, who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's an ok idea, but why do you feel this is mandatory for every class and do you feel this will reduce the niche of the classes that already have interupts?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    it's an ok idea, but why do you feel this is mandatory for every class and do you feel this will reduce the niche of the classes that already have interupts?
    Why would everyone having an interrupt "reduce the niche"?

They've already neutered most classes uniqueness out the window. How many people have Bloodlust now? How many classes can cast Stats or Mastery buff now? Yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanochan View Post
    Why would everyone having an interrupt "reduce the niche"?

They've already neutered most classes uniqueness out the window. How many people have Bloodlust now? How many classes can cast Stats or Mastery buff now? Yeah...
    Ummm, 3 classes, out of 11? What point are you trying to make here?

There's no need for every single class to have an interrupt, besides, I think they all do anyway aside from Resto Druids and Disc/Holy Priests. Oh and Hunters next patch, but really, one class not having an interrupt isn't a huge deal. *shrug*

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    How about make sure every spec has at least a 20 second no resource interrupt/kick that will reset the cooldown on mob abilities.

Doesn't have to have a lockout (2 sec at most), doesn't have to have a silence at all, just a button you can push to kick a cast bar.

Give it a short range, say, 10-15 yards max for non-melee classes.

If it doesn't work on players, fine, who cares.
    And every class should have lust as well, and stealth, and a stun, and an immunity...

I tend to agree, adding more interrupts seems pointless. All tanks have great interrupts as do melee DPS. Range pay a tax for their interrupt and other tradeoffs like a longer cooldown if they even have one at all. There is no need to give one to everyone, especially since it isn't needed. Nothing in current content even needs to be bothered with interrupts aside from the one-off thing here or there that tanks can easily take care of. Only thing that even requires multiple interrupts is the TRASH before dark animus which only needs 3 good interrupts (tank/melee) and at least 3 mediocre interrupts from ranged or other melee to have them completely locked down and unable to cast. And that is a gimmicky situation.

Even ROS back in burning crusade which was prolly the most extreme example of "fail to interrupt this properly and we all die" only needed a few interrupts to completely cover it as well.

There is absolutely no need to add more interrupts to existing classes. I know you hunters are sad in the pants about losing silence shot, but it isn't the end of the world and it isn't going to hurt you any. If you have even played a hunter for any length of time you'd know only marks hunters had silence shot in the first place and it was only very recently they made it available to all.

You will live, it will be ok.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Disc and holy do need an interrupt. Both are horribly gimped on solo fights that otherwise disc and holy would be fine for. (The "new" shadow is very far from being my favorite spec. I'm one of those folks who liked it much better the old way. Also, going shadow with healing gear is really suboptimal these days and it's annoying to carry around 6-10 pieces of extra gear if you only really want to play heals.)

For example, it would be nice to be able to kill a dinomancer with a disc priest without having to wait till it "misses" its heal for whatever reason.

Resto druids have whatever the bash talent is as an option, at least I think they still do. I used it all the time while questing/leveling on the MoP PTR. The cooldown was a little longer than helpful but whatever.

Re hunters, probably there will be a glyph to turn scatter shot into an interrupt, and of course there are multiple other options (pet interrupts, pet stuns, intimidate, whatever).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tangers58 View Post
    And every class should have lust as well, and stealth, and a stun, and an immunity...
    Every class does have lust (5.4 drums), every class does have stealth (well, invisibility), every class has a CC (amber-shaper rod), et cetera.

But for some bizarre reason some specs do not have a basic interrupt.

Warlocks seem boned in terms of interrupts. Not Demo? Welp better have that felhunter family pet out. Are you demo? Well you got carrion swarm which costs fury. Your call!

every class does have stealth (well, invisibility)
    wait... what?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4chen View Post
    wait... what?
    As far as I know all classes are able to drink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Great, another request to make everyone use the same spell, just with a slightly different tooltip and name!

- - - Updated - - -

But for some bizarre reason some specs do not have a basic interrupt.
    That's not bizarre. What is bizarre, is giving everyone one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Warlocks seem boned in terms of interrupts. Not Demo? Welp better have that felhunter family pet out. Are you demo? Well you got carrion swarm which costs fury. Your call!
    Yeah they kind of are. There's shadowfury, but reticles aren't the most convenient thing sometimes.

The only decent tank pet for locks doesn't do interrupts. You will have to tank the mob if you want your pet to be alive to interrupt.

Knockbacks don't reset ability cooldowns so don't even bother with carrion swarm because the mob will just start casting it again.

So yup you get stuck with shadowfury. It's not what I would like and 30 sec is a little longer than desirable but I'm okay with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    That's not bizarre. What is bizarre, is giving everyone one.
    What is bizarre is putting things out in the world that can't (reasonably) be killed without an interrupt, and linking achievements to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm actually a little surprised they didn't put a 20s interrupt doodad that doesn't need to be equipped as loot on one of the Pandaria rares.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ever class needs an interrupt. Leveling on my moonkin i got bones by rares a lot cause i couldn't interrupt more then 1 thing a min, and it doesn't even work on everything a normal interrupt seems to.

As far as I know all classes are able to drink.
    Ahh. As far as I know all classes can be engineers. Though idk if you'd fancy the cd. No worries; since uniqueness of everything is pretty much out the window, you'll get it in a later patch/expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Giving everyone a basic interrupt would be more of a PvP balance thing than a PvE one, similar to giving everyone a trinket racial like EMFH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

When they do that you'll no doubt be back the next day bitching that they have homogenised the classes too much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Giving everyone a basic interrupt would be more of a PvP balance thing than a PvE one, similar to giving everyone a trinket racial like EMFH.
    I don't miss it as much in PvP, because (for example) on my priest I have a fear button.

However, that's not the button that performs the function I need performed in PvE.

Deleted
    MoP outdoor rare mobs all require interrupts. As a discipline priest I'm severely gimped when trying to solo those mobs. Some can't be soloed at all, some require me to outdps their heals or outheal their interruptable nuke, while all other classes simply interrupt them.

That's not fair. If killing mobs requires interrupts, give interrupts to all classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss it as much in PvP, because (for example) on my priest I have a fear button.

However, that's not the button that performs the function I need performed in PvE.
    Interrupts primarily exist to deal with healers anyway; quite frankly it would solve a lot of problems if everyone had a basic interrupt that they acquired at level 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

For PvE, at least 5man and raiding, it's not really necessary. Tanks can do it.

For PvP, whee homogenisation. Not every class needs access to every tool.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2013-07-05 at 07:31 AM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.