Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Let's not forget a new arena, new bg, new scenarios.

in cataclysm we would have to wait another year for these stuff, blizzard is throwning them at us each 2 months.
    the new scenarios are allright but i mostly play for the lore. i was expecting a nice daily hub to play through instead i got 3 quests and then a vendor that sold gear i already outleveled with the same damn recolour of a set death knights have like 5 versions of

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the new scenarios are allright but i mostly play for the lore. i was expecting a nice daily hub to play through instead i got 3 quests and then a vendor that sold gear i already outleveled with the same damn recolour of a set death knights have like 5 versions of
    Well there is a giant daily hub on isle of thunder, and reason we didn't get more because to many people QQ'ed about them and blizzard stopped making them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

10+ Year Old Account
    even if SoO lasts a whole year, that's blizzards call. Not the community. They'll do what they like as they always have.
    Hi

If Siege lasts a year, it lasts a year. Not much we can do about it.

About the best we can hope for is that Blizzard is much farther along on the next expansion pack than we think, and the beta will basically involve polishing anything they missed and helping tune the bosses a bit more.

I don't think the amount of time SoO is out will impact the amount of subscribers that much. The number will go down heavily after 4-5 months of SoO no matter what and even if they let it last a whole year most of the subscribers lost will come back when the new expansion releases.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will last for as long as it lasts. What's the big deal about it? Relax when you've done your heroic Garrosh kill or finish up some achievements or cancel your sub until the next expansion and find another hobby in the meantime.

It's not like your salvation depends on playing WoW 24/7, is it?

If it did, that would suck. I don't think it will, though.

I think they will announce the new expansion (which they are already working on, of course) at this years blizzcon and launch the beta a few weeks after that. So the next expansion will probably be released around march-april 2014.

Based off how fast they're releasing content, I don't think so. Could it be the final raid of the expansion? Probably. But we can at least bank on Blizzard releasing other stuff afterward and leading up to the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are a few points to be made.

The reigns were pulled back on Titan, it's teams were split up. If I remember correctly the largest bulk of developers from Titan went to WoW.

This means more development power on top of the already impressive development power they have had so far. SoO lasting for a year would be because the next expansion is not ready, with more talented and capable hands carrying it along it'd be ready, faster.

That said, as a personal opinion and guess (I like to guess and see how right or wrong I am, I was horrifically off with Cataclysm) I honestly think late august early september we should see 5.4 drop. The expansion would be announced at Blizzcon, along with a potential 5.5 announcement being a filler patch, single boss, minor content, final ties into the next expansion (think Ruby Sanctum). IF there is a 5.5 we could expect to see it drop in January-feburary, the Beta would start early- late december, and run until march-april giving it ~4 or 5 months run time, launching April giving the expansion turn around about a year and a half, along he lines of what they want!

While SoO CAN last a long time because it will be offering a TON of content for raiding, I highly doubt it WILL last a long time. Even if it goes by my timeline, it will still be ~7 or 8 months on live.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Here are my predictions that i made a few months ago:

August - 5.4 - SoO
    October - 5.5 - Daily Zone / Lore patch / 1 boss raid / prelude to next expansion
    November - Blizzcon - New expansion announcement + beta released a few weeks / days later, possibly even released during the opening ceremony or immediately after blizzcon, possibly annual pass with beta access again
    February - 6.0 expac
    You're 1-2 months too early on those (except Blizzcon since its announced, duh). SoO is coming out September 10th, exactly 2 weeks after the Arena Pass (and most likely S13) ends.

6.0 will be released early April 2014 and next xpack will be officially out early May.

At least thats my guesses, going purely by logic.
    Last edited by GrieverXIII; 2013-07-07 at 06:59 PM.

Blizzard did not make new dungeons for later tiers of MOP, solely to focus on creating them for the next expansion.

So it's possible they are grinding away at content creation and could launch within 6 months of the Blizzcon announcement. (My theory)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    Blizzard did not make new dungeons for later tiers of MOP, solely to focus on creating them for the next expansion.

So it's possible they are grinding away at content creation and could launch within 6 months of the Blizzcon announcement. (My theory)
    Where to people keep getting this stuff? They've stated, several times, that the reason there haven't been new dungeons in MoP is because they wanted the artists to focus on other things that get used more often, most specifically the raids.

Deleted
    I will be pretty upset if SoO lasts a year.

At least there are 14 bosses so I could maybe take 8 months.

They should of added an extra month before ToT and before SoO if its going to last more than 8 months.

Then probably quite a few people will cancel their subscription until the next X-pack launches. I really doubt it will last a whole year though.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Here are my predictions that i made a few months ago:

August - 5.4 - SoO
    October - 5.5 - Daily Zone / Lore patch / 1 boss raid / prelude to next expansion
    November - Blizzcon - New expansion announcement + beta released a few weeks / days later, possibly even released during the opening ceremony or immediately after blizzcon, possibly annual pass with beta access again
    February - 6.0 expac
    Only a 3 month beta after the last two were 6 months somehow doubt it.

Deleted
    I reckon it will, well maybe not a year but a september/autum/ winter release for next expac (As always). Also expect another annual pass to trap players who are easily allured to a free mount and next expansion hype . They'll announce this pass perfectly timed with the expansion announcement. If it was less than a year (roughly away) I believe we would of heard of the expansion by now for sure.

Blizzard want content to come out faster so I highly doubt it. I'm really surprised at how quick we're getting an new expansion reveal so soon. So I guess sometime next year. Most likely end of next year is when it'll be released. MOP feels like it's gone by very quickly to me. LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    It will last for as long as it lasts. What's the big deal about it? Relax when you've done your heroic Garrosh kill or finish up some achievements or cancel your sub until the next expansion and find another hobby in the meantime.

It's not like your salvation depends on playing WoW 24/7, is it?
    This is what I don't get. I personally enjoy extended tiers. They allow me to "finish" the new content (or as much as I want to), catch up on any of the older content that I want to do (which really isn't much) and then take a nice break and play something else for a bit. Then when the new content does come out, I can approach it fresh. To be honest, I don't really understand how anyone can play this game for years on end without taking the occasional break to recharge their batteries, and when better to that than a nice extended tier. Or you could just stick it out and get yourself all worked over paying eight months plus worth of sub money for the same content.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it lasts a whole year then something has gone seriously wrong at Blizzard. The period that has hurt the game the most is the year+ downtime after the final raid.

There's no reason for Blizzard to maintain a 2-year interval between expansions, other than a lack of sufficient creative staff. My impression is that they have had better productivity in creating content during (and leading up to) MoP and I think they are shooting for 6 or at most 8 months following the release of the final raid before the next expansion is released.