Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    If you aren't happy with your progression speed find a new guild. You're right, Summer hasn't been forgiving to 25's, there are plenty of open spots that you can fill. Don't want to leave your guild? Deal with new content coming out faster than you might like.

I honestly hope SoO is out for 8 months at the absolute max. I don't want another Dragon Soul, ICC was 100 times better at the end of its year long run than DS was even halfway in.
    I just recently joined a new guild 3 months ago. I shouldn't have to find a guild when I would rather work for it instead of joining a guild with content all on farm. There is zero fun in that and then I feel like I did nothing to work towards that. ToT should have another month or two at the latest remaining at this point. Unlike other people, I am not a guild-hopping scumbag and just leave like a breeze and take advantage of guilds when they don't fit my requirements anymore (not going to get into detail but, its people like that -- that ruin some raiding teams, when they lack commitment to a team and cause guilds to not progress as much). I'm in my second raiding guild ever and I was in my last guild for over 3 years.

I do deal with it but, I have every right to feel rushed and complain about it. LFR has shortened the length of tiers. I never had an issue with ICC when it was out ... and I think the reason people got so burnt out on DS was because of the introduction of LFR and the nerf/accessibility for alts. I got burnt out with LFR fast but I never got bored of the heroic progression, even after I full cleared it with two guilds on 2 characters.

Honestly if they put in all this work and SoO gets cut off at 5-7 months, i'll feel very jipped. I'd expect at least 8-9 months out of the tier, especially if it ends up being challenging.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

I don't see how you're rushed. Tier 15 will likely be 6 months at least in length. Tier 14, which had more bosses was 5 months in length. I think they learned their lesson with Ulduar being rushed since it only lasted 4 months before TOC took it over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard will have failed on thier promise for faster content, SoO would be the longest current tier in WoW, and I will have gotten the Garrosh heroic mount due to 35% nerfs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

It won't but I wouldn't care. It would actually allow me play a bunch of different toons again kind like the end of cata.

They will not be able to put anything out to stop the sub loss so not sure if it matters how long the tier goes.. The massive sub loses will start the week after final lfr comes out. For a lot of people beating SoO in lfr is there end game, so when that happens not a whole lot of reason to keep playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Blizzard will have failed on thier promise for faster content, SoO would be the longest current tier in WoW, and I will have gotten the Garrosh heroic mount due to 35% nerfs.
    They aren't doing 5% nerfs and crap, im pretty sure thats why they have VP upgrades / TF

They know full well that people drop when things drag on too long, and have stated as much. Hence why they've pushed content faster. I wouldn't even be surprised if SOO isn't the final tier of MoP. Expect 5.4 to have a 6-8 month shelf life, imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why the hell do people trick us into clicking sort of interesting thread titles and then it's about losing subs (yes it is, especially if you start with how you DON'T want to go into the sub issue) Know what? If you don't wanna go there...don't bring it up.
    Because subs are lower than ever before and they have been going lower. The reason why I brought it up is for 2 reasons.
    1) Is it enough pressure for them to not make SoO last for year and
    2) Its social experiment, I cant really lie I put it there because if you mention "wow" and "subs" the thread will get more attention. Otherwise it would probably have died on page 2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    LOL... c'mon guys... as if they would make you wait a year for new content just to save money! have they ever done that in the past? nope, I reckon they wont give you one raid for an entire year, my guess would be 10-11 months... so sit back and relax because we all know deep down in our heart of hearts that Blizzard loves their fans more than that green paper stuff.
    They've done it before and will probably do it again, I reckon SoO will be roughly 10 months. I bet also they will have another annual pass.

It simple wont last a year. That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Not everybody enjoys the same content for a whole year. I'm an altoholic myself, and even I get bored from doing the ToT LFRs on my alts (if I even do them because they're not as much fun as they used to be).

Tbh the current tier and season are already too long. I can't even get myself to log in anymore without logging out 10 minutes later.
    The current tier has only been out for 4 months.. if you want content to come out that fast you may as well not play MMOs.

As for SoO, there's no way in hell it will last a year. Most I could see is 10 months, but my prediction would be 8. Personally, I think 8 would be a pretty good number. Gives me enough time to clear SoO on heroic, get the mount for everyone, and take a nice break before going hard in the next expansion.
    Last edited by Poppincaps; 2013-07-08 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think a year, but I do expect it to last longer than the last two tiers; maybe 9 months. Gives more people a chance to finish up the content properly.

It will be at least 8 months(even if they have 5.5 it will not be raid) and subs will fall as predicted

I'd stick around until I got bored then quit and rejoin when the next is launched if that was the case, I don't see it lasting that long however.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

My guess would be until March next year. In between SoO and the new expansion, there will be some smaller additions to the game like more scenarios and maybe some battlegrounds. Maybe something as a prelude to the next big event in the world of warcraft.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Here are my predictions that i made a few months ago:

August - 5.4 - SoO
    October - 5.5 - Daily Zone / Lore patch / 1 boss raid / prelude to next expansion
    November - Blizzcon - New expansion announcement + beta released a few weeks / days later, possibly even released during the opening ceremony or immediately after blizzcon, possibly annual pass with beta access again
    February - 6.0 expac
    That seems pretty reasonable to me (give or take a month or two). I can definitely see them doing another annual pass with Beta access too. It pretty much guarantees them subs for a year and a lot of people like me will probably sign up again.

With that said I think it's a safe bet to say that the Siege or Orgrimmar will last between 6 - 8 months.

Deleted
    Assuming it come in saaay October ? so that would give us Nov, Dec, Jan, Fev, March, April/May Release ? Seems reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    I dont want to go into whole "game is losing subs omg dead", but the fact that it is losing subs is not secret. The dead part..well its far from it still.

Each expansion has had their share of very long last tiers.
    ICC and DS lasted about year, while Sunwell lasted 8 (to be fair Black temple lasted about year because you couldnt replace BT with Zul'aman) - also if you never got to sunwell level then you were stuck in BT for while..

I feel that the sub base is more shakier and trigger happy on unsub/wow-break buttons than ever before.
    Can they really get away with year long tiers anymore? Around ICC with hardly any competition on the mmo market, gradually making it easier for pugs to be alive it seemed to be enough to keep people subbed. But I dont think those things will help this time anymore - there is competition on MMO-market and stuff like next gen consoles are coming soon.

I dont wanna go blaming LFR but look, if you can see the whole raid in possibly 2nd week, or inside month of release..why would person like that sub for next 11 months after that?

But to be fair, flex raiding and the possible small patch might help a bit this expansion compared to lest say Cata - but is it enough?
    Will we see another "Get annual pass and get.. uuh.. heartstone beta"?
    If people are quitting the game because they "saw" the content in LFR why aren't normal/heroic mode raiders quitting once they "see" the content? LFR is fine stop making up bullshit to justify your wannabe hardcore elitism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    To those who think it won't happen this time around, I wouldn't be so sure. One thing, anything can happen. They could lose 5 key people in the next week that could set them back months. Turnover happens. Things happen. Past success shouldn't be a measure of future results.

Secondly, I think they've already thrown in the towel on Mists of Pandaria. They already conceded that subs will continue to drop this expansion. If they need to make 5.4 drag out an extra 2-3 months to make the next expansion better, then I believe that is a loss they're willing to take. They already did this before with Mists. Dragon Soul would have been shorter than 10 months, if they didn't decide to re-do the Jade Forest and add two new zones at the last minute.
    When was the last time Blizzard made massive changes in development staff (and I'm talking about current games that are live not Titan)? Oh right never. In fact Blizzard has been hiring a lot of new people for Wow not to mention many of the staff that got shifted over from Titan. There is no chance in hell that 5.4 is going to last more than 6-7 months.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    I'm quite sure it -will- take a year before the next expansion. They make more sales when they let people get bored for several months...
    It's easier to hype up a game to someone that hasn't played it in a while.
    Are you kidding me? What company uses a business model that relies on pissing off customers so they quit in order to get them to buy new things? Seriously? Blizzard makes their profit on subscriptions not box sales. Box sales mostly just cover development and marketing costs and do make a minor profit on it but Wow is a subscription service so that is where the money is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    They'll just have to accept the potential loss in sub numbers, each time they let a final raid last a year i'm guessing they try the patience of players more and more and I doubt they'll get away with letting another raid last an entire year without mass sub losses.
    Which is exactly why 5.4 won't last a year and the entire reason they made huge fundamental changes to their development process and hiring new developers and artists. Anyone who actually believes 5.4 is going to last a year after the fast content patches we have had are just being willfully ignorant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Here are my predictions that i made a few months ago:

August - 5.4 - SoO
    October - 5.5 - Daily Zone / Lore patch / 1 boss raid / prelude to next expansion
    November - Blizzcon - New expansion announcement + beta released a few weeks / days later, possibly even released during the opening ceremony or immediately after blizzcon, possibly annual pass with beta access again
    February - 6.0 expac
    A 4 month beta starting during the holidays when Blizzard typically takes the last week of December off? No. Not going to happen. A May release is far more likely or maybe even April but certainly not as early as February.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 million active subscribers.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    I really think Blizz will have the next expansion out by this Christmas or early next year. They keep hiring more people and said their trying to produce content on a faster level.
    A 3 month raid tier? What? You can't be serious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in my opinion they are already pushing it with this 3 quests patch 5.3 already. if 5.4 lasted a whole year better be a shit load of content.
    I like how someone is complaining about not enough content in 5.3 after all the endless bitching and whining over the two previous patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the new scenarios are allright but i mostly play for the lore. i was expecting a nice daily hub to play through instead i got 3 quests and then a vendor that sold gear i already outleveled with the same damn recolour of a set death knights have like 5 versions of
    Thank the crybabies for there not being new dailies in 5.3. I knew as soon as they implemented the daily changes in 5.0 that it wouldn't last long. God forbid there be content for multiple playstyles.