Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I remember reading a Dev said something along the lines that they could always pull another continent out of thin air like they did with Pandaria. So I would assume there is plenty left for us to see.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Maybe because they didn't want anybody to know where it was? Though you're really spending way to much time trying to explain background decorations.
    They also didn't want anybody in the titan facilities in the first place... Seems a little odd to intentionally put a fake globe, for titanic watchers to analyze, in a high-security titan facility.

Besides, they're fairly relevant to the discussion at hand; they're the only "full" representations of Azeroth known in-game.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    They also didn't want anybody in the titan facilities in the first place... Seems a little odd to intentionally put a fake globe, for titanic watchers to analyze, in a high-security titan facility.

Besides, they're fairly relevant to the discussion at hand; they're the only "full" representations of Azeroth known in-game.
    The inaccuracy of the globe was due to a malfunction caused by Yogg's corruption. It doesn't even match the layout of Azeroth as seen with the naked eye:

Titan globe shows the continents on opposite hemispheres. Just looking at Azeroth from beyond it, the continents are on the same hemisphere.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-08 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The inaccuracy of the globe was due to a malfunction caused by Yogg's corruption.
    Alternatively:

It was hogger.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    For all we know the other side of Azeroth is just a giant ocean that swallows up ships trying to cross it. Might be something there, might not be.

Things we know about that aren't in the game yet are Zandalar Isle, Kul Tiras, Tel Abim (which is on the map, just can't go there), Plunder Isle and the Broken Isles, plus a few other islands I can't remember. All the major landmasses are accounted for now.

Doesn't mean more can't be added, either via exploration or via volcanic activity.
    That gives me an epic idea for a fan expansion about ragnoros's replacement being angry about what we did to him or something along those lines and causing a massive eruption forming a whole new landmass. I dont know how that would work though, because thee wouldnt be anything bu dead rock. This is blizzard we are talking about though.

According to lore, no ships that have sailed west of Kalimdor/East of the Eastern Kingdoms have ever been seen or heard from again.

So yeah, either there's nothing or there's something. I bet there's something.

I really hope they don't whip continents out of thin air as Ghostcrawler said. Don't get me wrong, I love Pandaria, but that's the charm of Pandaria. It's unique in that it's the lost continent.

I'd love to see the islands near the Maelstrom, Argus, Emerald Dream and maybe other planets like Xoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I really hope they don't whip continents out of thin air as Ghostcrawler said. Don't get me wrong, I love Pandaria, but that's the charm of Pandaria. It's unique in that it's the lost continent.

I'd love to see the islands near the Maelstrom, Argus, Emerald Dream and maybe other planets like Xoroth.
    Argus is another world as well.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account

Pandaria did mostly-officially exist in Lore prior to MoP.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

It would be entirely lame if they decided to pull yet another continent out of thin air.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Argus is another world as well.
    I'm aware just saying we're nearly done with Azeroth and that's not a bad thing, too much bloat on one planet can be.
    Pandaria did mostly-officially exist in Lore prior to MoP.
    I'm not arguing that. I'm saying if they do make up a new continent, that means it will have been a "hidden" continent because we've never heard of it. That's where Pandaria comes in, it was in lore hidden.

A wizard haze of amnesia over the yet-to-be-discovered continents for future expansions. The spell is so powerful it even affects Titan machines.
    The Titan's are actually using Azeroth to form a reality television program Truman-showish. The maps are defective because they're toying with our character's sense of understanding of the world, leaving them in the dark about the true vastness of Azeroth should the reality tv program need to enter it.

I'm aware just saying we're nearly done with Azeroth and that's not a bad thing, too much bloat on one planet can be.

I'm not arguing that. I'm saying if they do make up a new continent, that means it will have been a "hidden" continent because we've never heard of it. That's where Pandaria comes in, it was in lore hidden.
    could just be a paradise that noone ever wanted to leave and thats why no ships return. However with no AH on the entire island adventurers like ourselves are not satisfied with staying forever and dont get hooked by the islands evil grasp

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post

they COULD do stuff underwater again but we all know how that worked out.

Wonderfully? Cause I loved Vashj'ir. How could you not? What was the problem with it?

What about the zone to the left of Ghostlands and above the Eastern Plaguelands?

Quote Originally Posted by Uvwaex View Post
    The Titan's are actually using Azeroth to form a reality television program Truman-showish. The maps are defective because they're toying with our character's sense of understanding of the world, leaving them in the dark about the true vastness of Azeroth should the reality tv program need to enter it.
    Taken from the quest 'Digging Through Bones' in Terokkar Forest.

Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: Aright, listen up! Form a circle around me and move out!
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: Aright, <race>, just keep us safe from harm while we work. We'll pay you when we return.
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: The dig site is just north of here.
    (The team moves out to the dig site.)
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: We're here! Start diggin'!
    (The team spreads out and starts digging.)
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: I think there's somethin' buried here, beneath the sand!
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: Almost got it!
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: By Brann's brittle bananas! What is it?! It... It looks like a drum.
    Explorer's League Researcher: Wow... a drum.
    Explorer's League Researcher: This discovery will surely rock the foundation of modern archaeology.
    Explorer's League Researcher: Yea, great. Can we leave now? This desert is giving me hives.
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: Have ye gone mad? You expect me to leave behind a drum without first beatin' on it? Not this son of Ironforge! No sir!
    Explorer's League Researcher: This reminds me of that one time where you made us search Silithus for evidence of sand gnomes.
    Explorer's League Researcher: Or that time when you told us that you'd discovered the cure for the plague of the 20th century. What is that even? 20th century?
    Explorer's League Researcher: I don't think it can top the one time where he told us that he'd heard that Arthas's "cousin's" skeleton was frozen beneath a glacier in Winterspring. I'll never forgive you for that one, Letoll. I mean honestly... Arthas's cousin?
    Explorer's League Researcher: I dunno. It can't possibly beat the time he tried to convince us that we're all actually a figment of some being's imagination and that they only use us for their own personal amusement. That went over well during dinner with the family.
    Chief Archaeologist Letoll says: Shut yer yaps! I'm gonna bang on this drum and that's that!

So far, we've only seen one hemisphere of the planet.

This is not a map, not a projection, not a cartographic hologram. This is the actual planet as seen in the sky over Black Temple. Kalimdor and EK are on the same hemisphere. Also note that day/night is the same for both continents at the same time.
    Kalimdor was one continent, and the only one. If there's some other landmass out there on the other side, it would be dumber than Pandaria.

If you look at the titan globes of Azeroth in Ulduar and its facilities, it shows only ocean on the "other side" of Azeroth.

The globes have to be live; they were made before the sundering, but they display Azeroth as split up into the separate continents.

I've often considered that the maps in Ulduar are in fact a reflection of the player's minds. The players at the time are aware of only certain places on Azeroth, and that's what the Titan machinery projects. Not to mention when the Titans were last on Azeroth, there was only a supercontinent, so why do the holo-maps show otherwise?

Real world, well that's all rubbish, but in game lore? It could be explained off like that easily enough.

A few of the globes on tables/shelves etc throughout the world do show some smallish land masses on the opposite side of the planet. I would say that there is most certainly something there, but no one knows what it truly is yet, and Blizz won't reveal anything unless they need the space for future expansions. I think whatever is out there is likely to have Night Elves, Tauren and maybe Trolls, or at least descendants of them. If Azeroth was one big super continent back in the day, those three races were likely the most well spread across the lands at that stage.

Whatever Blizz does with that side of the world, if they do at anything at all, it will be an open license for new races, animals, monsters and who knows what else.

That said, I would much rather them reveal all the lands that we DO know about currently, but can't see on the current map yet, before venturing to the opposite side of the planet.
    Last edited by Kayb; 2013-07-08 at 04:51 AM.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Explorer's League Researcher: I dunno. It can't possibly beat the time he tried to convince us that we're all actually a figment of some being's imagination and that they only use us for their own personal amusement. That went over well during dinner with the family.
    That made my night. Thanks for the great easter egg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laughtrey View Post
    Kalimdor was one continent, and the only one. If there's some other landmass out there on the other side, it would be dumber than Pandaria.
    Yes, I know. "For many ages the Titans moved and shaped the earth, until at last there remained one perfect continent." But:
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Curious, After we goto Argus next expac (wink) theres no more wow zones in lore to give us.Redoing old zones the expac future?
    You don't think we can keep whipping continents out of thin air? (Source)