Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The planet of Azeroth, what else are we missing?

i ran a couple searches and didnt see anything that really had this idea in it, so here it goes

On the planet of azeroth, what other land masses/islands/continents are we or could we possibly be missing? We know that mostly everything was one large continent at one point in time, before the night elves blew everything to pieces

We know that places like kul tiras, the tomb of sargeras (along with the other broken isles from warcraft 3), and undermine are out there. What about to the west of kalimdor, or to the east of the eastern kingdoms? Could Thrall have gone east off EK and still made it to kalimdor in wc3 without having to worry about the maelstrom? would he have encountered any other hidden areas similar to pandaria along the way? Could there be some other crazy hidden titan vault like area where noone has been yet?

Food for thought, discuss?

The South Seas I guess. But I would love to go to Argus, or what's left of it.

I think there's been a few globes of the world that suggest there's nothing else out there, but I suppose there could be something simply undiscovered. Unless the ocean is really that big, it does seem loltastic that boats from Stormwind to Darnassus take the long way around.

Quote Originally Posted by YuneKirby View Post
    I think there's been a few globes of the world that suggest there's nothing else out there, but I suppose there could be something simply undiscovered. Unless the ocean is really that big, it does seem loltastic that boats from Stormwind to Darnassus take the long way around.
    What's on the other side of Azeroth? Let's face it Blizzard could easily pull that out of their ass couldn't they? But hey more content isn't a bad thing, I have no issue with them doing that, but we're going to Argus or Xoroth first...

Deleted
    We have little to go by, except for the fact that explorers have gone west of K and east of EK without returning to either of them.

My guess is there's another continent there.

In-game globes are evidently nothing to go by as they tend to change in every expansion. For example, they didn't use to include Pandaria.

For all we know the other side of Azeroth is just a giant ocean that swallows up ships trying to cross it. Might be something there, might not be.

Things we know about that aren't in the game yet are Zandalar Isle, Kul Tiras, Tel Abim (which is on the map, just can't go there), Plunder Isle and the Broken Isles, plus a few other islands I can't remember. All the major landmasses are accounted for now.

Doesn't mean more can't be added, either via exploration or via volcanic activity.

The only things we have left are mostly just islands, some of which we don't know the fate of. We have quite a bit of the South Seas to discover, plus everything under the sea.

Kul Tiras - "shifted out to sea," supposed to be near Gilneas.
    Tel Abim - Known for its bananas, South Seas
    Broken Isles - Once known as Suramar, the hometown of Malfurion, Illidan, and Tyrande.
    Kezan - May be destroyed.
    Zandalar - Mostly destroyed.
    Plunder Isle - Main base of the Bloodsail Buccaneers.
    Darkspear Islands - Once home of the Darkspears, a Sea Witch had murlocs destroy it.
    Nazjatar - Underwater empire of the Naga, near the Maelstrom.
    Mak'aru - Kingdom of the makrura (lobster people), near Nazjatar.
    The Rift - What's left of the Well of Eternity under the Maelstrom.
    Gishan Caverns - Volcanic caverns near the Rift.
    Drowned Reaches - A giant ship's graveyard under the Maelstrom.
    Boiling Terrace - Volcanic ledges near the Rift.
    Pillar Deep - Ledges filled with giant worms near the Rift.
    Scintal Reef - A giant coral reef. Mak'aru is located inside.

It should also be noted that on every edge of Azeroth, there is a different name of a sea. That would imply that there is land separating the continent on the other side of Azeroth.

Frozen Sea - Surrounds Northrend (even the northern edge of Northrend).
    Veiled Sea - North and west of Kalimdor.
    Forbidding Sea - East of the Eastern Kingdoms. (The Veiled and Forbidding Seas connect, it seems?)
    North Sea - Surrounds Quel'thalas (Quel'danas resides within).
    Mistveil Sea - East of the Jade Forest.
    Westersea - West of Townlong Steppes.
    Coral Sea - Near the zone of Azshara. Zin-Azshari's ruins dwell underneath.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, we've only seen one hemisphere of the planet.

This is not a map, not a projection, not a cartographic hologram. This is the actual planet as seen in the sky over Black Temple. Kalimdor and EK are on the same hemisphere. Also note that day/night is the same for both continents at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think there is anything on either side of the continents. from what i understood, they are on opposite sides of the planet. im not sure why people look at the map and assume that we are only seeing 1 face of the planet. if blizzard REALLY wanted to they could add some new islands here and there but im pretty sure they are done adding big landmasses to the planet.

they COULD do stuff underwater again but we all know how that worked out.

If they want to keep making expansions with new lands then realistically they're going to have to add a new continent there eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    So far, we've only seen one hemisphere of the planet.

This is not a map, not a projection, not a cartographic hologram. This is the actual planet as seen in the sky over Black Temple. Kalimdor and EK are on the same hemisphere. Also note that day/night is the same for both continents at the same time.
    i think you are reading WAY too much into that. i mean, id be as excited as anyone if they did happen to say "oh yeah, by the way, theres like 5 other continents on the other parts of the planet, but i really doubt that will happen.

also, the day night thing is clearly a gameplay thing. i dont think blizzard was thinking enough ahead to make the continents have different times. that would be a pretty awesome addition though.

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    i dont think there is anything on either side of the continents. from what i understood, they are on opposite sides of the planet. im not sure why people look at the map and assume that we are only seeing 1 face of the planet. if blizzard REALLY wanted to they could add some new islands here and there but im pretty sure they are done adding big landmasses to the planet.

See the post above you (was going to post that but he beat me to it).

As for underwater, I could take it or leave it. I do want to go to Nazjatar however. Or it would be awesome to have Zin-Azshari rise out of the sea, rebuilt by the naga.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Well I imagine if Blizzard were to add any more landmasses that would be saved for expansions.

i think you are reading WAY too much into that. i mean, id be as excited as anyone if they did happen to say "oh yeah, by the way, theres like 5 other continents on the other parts of the planet, but i really doubt that will happen.

also, the day night thing is clearly a gameplay thing. i dont think blizzard was thinking enough ahead to make the continents have different times. that would be a pretty awesome addition though.
    You could argue its not conclusive, sure. Even if you view it as a grey area do you honestly think that Blizzard is beneath playing this card to drum up some new expansions?
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at the titan globes of Azeroth in Ulduar and its facilities, it shows only ocean on the "other side" of Azeroth.

The globes have to be live; they were made before the sundering, but they display Azeroth as split up into the separate continents.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

See my signature for the whole "underwater problem" but I think Azshara will raise the sunken lands around the maelstrom to the surface.

New continent, ho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

From WoWwiki

The world of Azeroth also may have land located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms. No one is sure or has knowledge of what kind of creatures, lands, cultures, life, and sentient being lives in the other side of Azeroth. It is clear though that it is very dangerous.

"A handful of ships have ventured from Kalimdor away from the Maelstrom — to the north, west, and south. None have yet returned."

Deleted
    We'll probably get something featuring it eventually.

At the moment, titan globes suggest nothing - since they SHOULD be accurate, but at the same time, the stories about sailors never returning when they try entering that region - must mean SOMETHING is out there, bad sailing conditions only go so far to explain not a single survivor.

At the end of the day, it's blizzards game - they've left themselves a blank piece of canvas, it's up to them if and when they decide to paint on it.

i for one would love to visit the Tomb of Sargaras (broken isles if i remember?) and maybe meet that orc warlock maiev ran into. Maybe even run into certain night elf warden spirits.