Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by NotSubhuman View Post
    Frankly I feel like that whole 'undefeatable god' that you will then spend the expansion farming trope is a bit tired, we've had Arthas, we've had the 'end of the world' scenario done and covered with cataclysm, if anything that whole 'join together alliance and horde to defeat your greatest enemy yet! has never felt so overused. The Burning Legion arriving feels like an end that they can't top once they pop it.

Oh you defeated Sargaras? Our next expansion is a sky expansion, where you fight sky pirates. See? It doesn't make sense on a progressive level. If anything I just don't think they should play the Burning Legion card yet, if ever.

Now... The South Seas! The Seas around the Maelstrom! Island-hopping! and exploration! They could add goddamn guild owned big ass boats which you can upgrade and decorate and colonise islands for your guild and hey, where's Azshara yknow? You've got Undermine and loads of big fucking islands out there already in the lore, make a explorative expansion, add new dimensions to the gameplay, aint nothing like guild owned boats that will bring back guild identity within servers. Keep your fantasy tied down a bit and the big moments will actually feel big instead of 'oh look another demigod, lets farm'

South Seas Maelstrom expansion is the better option, fact, and no this isn't subjective, for the reasons outlined its a better option.
    All I heard is "I want guild boats." Additionally, the Burning Legion is an integral part of WC lore since Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans; the legion has since been present in some form or another since then (i.e. Medivh's possession by Sargeras and Gul'dan's use of that relationship to open the original dark portal). You can let me know what the south seas has on that any time you're ready.

On another topic, there's plenty of untouched lore out there. We don't know what happened to Azshara (other than her being turned into a naga). We know the Emerald Dream still has some vestige of corruption in the Rift of Aln (rumoured to be the Old God, N'zoth). We know that the Titan Pantheon is out there still and that they know what has happened to Azeroth since their departure; there are even some reasons to speculate that they may consider Azeroth a failed experiment and may come attempt to wipe it out at some point in the future - a la Algalon - due to "systemic corruption" i.e. old gods. We don't know what happened to the Titan Watcher, Tyr, who has mysteriously vanished from the face of Azeroth. There's even more, that's just me shooting from the top of my head. Bottom line, there's so much more out there than "pirate adventures on the high seas!!".

Do I think we should visit the South Seas in a future expansion? Heavens yes. Should it be the FOCUS of the expansion, absolutely not.

I'm not really leaning towards either expansion idea here, but if they come out with a burning legion expansion WITHOUT sargeras, that probably means they'll have to come out with another burning crusade themed expansion with him as the big baddie. I get that the burning crusade are one of the main threats to azeroth, but I don't look forward to x number here burning legion expansions in the future.

I'd be down with South Seas if it meant finally finishing off the known world. Goblin islands, Troll islands, Kul'Tiras and all that have been missing forever, it's about time to bring them back into the fold. I'm just surprised Pandaria was put in before the others.

Then we can move on to Argus and other worlds after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am way more interested in fighting Azshara and the naga and whatever Old God is pulling their strings than I am going after Kil'jaeden again, really.

Best idea I've heard is to have Azshara raise a new island continent from the bottom of the ocean and have that be where the expansion takes place, with various other islands acting as dungeons or zones patched in after the fact. That'd get my vote.

Why we have to fight Sargeras just because it's Legion xpac? We will likely feel his presence this time but I doubt we will fight him. Kil'jaeden and his ridiculuosly powerful minions are more likely. People assume too many things these day. We don't even know that we will go to other planets next xpac. Your south sea xpac and legion xpac could end up being the same xpac because Blizzard may use legion and the main antagonist and use south sea as the location.

Quote Originally Posted by NotSubhuman View Post
    It's still a given that Sargeras would be the primary antagonist. Besides that your point is irrelevant to mine, you can't top Sargares as a threat, how can you possibly expand on sargeras when you go to create a following expansion after?

You can't without butchering the sense of progression.
    First you fight Kil'Jaden and Archimonde and in the next expansion you fight Sargaras. Ding lvl 100!

Deleted
    sargwho?? what does sargeras do nowadays anyway?? sargeras as end boss would be like deathwing ;p a waste of space end boss..

whatever the next xpac is I just hope its not poo like MoP... would love a return of legion, while southseas ahoy sounds equally cool...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owain glyndwr View Post
    sargwho?? what does sargeras do nowadays anyway?? sargeras as end boss would be like deathwing ;p a waste of space end boss..

whatever the next xpac is I just hope its not poo like MoP... would love a return of legion, while southseas ahoy sounds equally cool...
    But you do know who Sargeras is right ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    But you do know who Sargeras is right ?
    um yea ;p ,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by zaneosak View Post
    I would be ok with the next 3 expansions being some kind of Burning Legion Trilogy. There is no better storyline in the Warcraft universe than the Burning Legion vs. The Universe. Ok maybe intriguing is the better word.
    That might cause a bit of thematic and aesthetic fatigue don't you think?
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I think the problem with Sargeras is the same problem we had with Deathwing. He isn't widely known in the casual audience. Ask someone who doesn't have a huge background on the lore of the game and I doubt he'd know or care who Sargeras is. I think another Burning Legion expansion where we infiltrate Argus and get more lore on Sargeras leading up to a final expansion where we fight Sargeras would be better in terms of building him up.