Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I actually find it really fun on my shaman.

Tremor outta fears, hexing, slowing people with totem, casting healing rain in a larger group, instant large heal, kiting melee, healing totem, shield totem, teleporting stun totem in an enemy group when its about to explode~

So many things to have fun with.
    I prefer it in arena rather than random BGs though.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    People CC healers to death because it's the only way to kill them. Healers cried and whined and moaned that they should be able to heal through the damage of a DPS with full CDs up (or even 2) without moving or using CDs or having peels so they got it. The only obvious counter to this is to CC/blanket that healer to death and it's really only healer's fault for wanting that playstyle. If healers could ignore CC more all they'd do is run around corners for 20 minutes and call it skill.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a huge fan of being a healer, but I definately prefer PvP healing to PvE healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    In random BGs resto druids are a lot of fun. Very very mobile and slippery. Easy to pad healing done with rejuvenates and wild growths + good tranquilities. Easy to troll and survive solo without a decent team.
    I can vouch for this as I've played multiple BGs for the heck of it in literally shit gear (was playing in moonkin dreadful gear) and was capable of surviving -fairly- well.

Deleted
    It really depends on your playstyle. If you like defensive style I'd go shaman or holy paladin. If you want to be more offensive healer go for priest/druid. Monk stands in between.

Deleted
    At least it's rewarding since you have way more impact on the game than a dps (at the same skill lvl obviously).
    If you like healing, I guess it's the best way to carry your team.

@ people complaining about getting cced :

If you get perma ccd in regular bgs you are doing it wrong, just stay behind and you should be fine.
    You're not suposed to get perma ccd in arena either if you've decent team mates, don't stand in the middle and hug the pillars.

Edit : As a dps you rely on healers in order to survive, I don't like to rely on others
    Last edited by mmoc91d64eeb5d; 2013-07-08 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    Sometimes you won't get targeted at all and you can heal everyone and everything an entire bg without dying a single time.
    Other times you'll get nuked because some people do realize that healers need to die fairly quick!

Most of the times you die some and heal a lot. Imo I'm loving it, rather heal than dps in a bg. But that's just me ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    People there do not focus healers.
    You must be Horde because as an Alliance healer I stay perma dead the entire duration of random BGs as soon as they figure out im healing. Most of my healing done is to myself because I constantly have 4-5 people on me. On the other hand Horde healers finishing the BG with insane healing done and zero deaths happens all the time. I seriously think that Horde healers get stealth and can heal while invisible because how else would you explain me getting focused and them being left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    In random BGs resto druids are a lot of fun. Very very mobile and slippery. Easy to pad healing done with rejuvenates and wild growths + good tranquilities. Easy to troll and survive solo without a decent team.
    I learned to heal while doing wintergrasp, loved the randomness of the incoming damage. I can't PVE heal very well with "damage in 3...2...1...." that is every boss. I don't know why.

Resto Druid is really fun. If shit gets back, you can shift and run and get out of combat and prowl. Easily the most frustrating class to fight 1v1. Aside from the "I faery fired that rogue and he still stealthed, fuck that" but that's just my pet peeve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am Horde. I am healing as priest and paladin and most of times I am just fine. But don't get me wrong from time to time I meet players, who focus me hardly, especialy when I play tiny goblin priest.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been having a blast healing on my monk. I have only been at it for about two weeks i have gathered a bunch of gear since then and still hammering away at it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eppen/advanced

It very much depends on the people I'm healing.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    How is that different than a melee? stun -> root -> fear - > root -> knockback -> dead. Or a caster: stun -> silence -> fear -> interrupt -> dead.

Maybe its wow's playstyle now that you don't like?

Depending on what healer you are and what class is attacking you, you can easily counter pretty much anyone in a random bg save for 2k+ experience players with full gear. Depending on which healer you are you can have more cc than the dps cc'ing you, all about how you play. My disc rarely ever dies in bgs, only time is 3+ dps on me with no teammates around which basically means I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    This is why I REALLY miss having Thorns on my druid. Now, I feel as though I can't "kill" 80% of the classes anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deffry View Post
    Yes I am Horde. I am healing as priest and paladin and most of times I am just fine. But don't get me wrong from time to time I meet players, who focus me hardly, especialy when I play tiny goblin priest.
    They tunnel you on your priest because you are the Hordes puntable.

10+ Year Old Account
    It used to be fun, but since Cataclysm it's just meh. Can't kill anyone anymore, just run around bunny hopping and hoping that those that attack you are noobs who don't interrupt.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I gave it another go tonight and I've decided to give up. WoW PvP is utterly retarded.

What's the point of a healer if I can barely keep myself up? As for resto druids being slippery? Please. I couldn't get away from anything. This was such a fucking let down especially since it means I'm one of the people that blow at this game.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-07-09 at 04:20 AM.

Random bgs are not fun most of the time because the majority its people that have no gear or have no clue. Rbgs, and 3's / 5's are way fun. I love healing on my Monk. TROLLFACE.JPG Its a rare occasion if I die. Usually me not paying attention. Roll a Monk, chi torpedo to win.

i think its really fun. im pretty bad at playing resto shaman, but every time i spec resto and get into 3s, i have a good time. you're the most important person on the team, and tons of meta game elements come into play. its rewarding in its own respect, and takes a special kind of player to do it really well.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

In random BGs its hell, in organised play its fun.

There is a learning curve, but I do enjoy healing on my MW monk. Try to pay attention to your positioning and LoS casters when you can. And remember the words of Kenny Rogers:

You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em,
    Know when to walk away and know when to run.
    You never count your money when you're sittin' at the table.
    There'll be time enough for countin' when the dealin's done.

Healing in pvp is sooo much fun. thats all I do. I do not PvE at all. I heal meh peeps - and with a MW monk, its crazy fun.

My playstyle is kite-kite-kite-kite-HEAL-kite-kite-kite-kite-OMGHEAL-kite-kite-kite-kite-HEALMOAR

MW is fun tho to play - melee dont like us, they cant catch us.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking