Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It still wasn't her choice, however. It was that, or have the Forsaken's veteran soldiers thrown away as fodder.
    its the same choice as any other when a superior orders you to do somethin
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It still wasn't her choice, however. It was that, or have the Forsaken's veteran soldiers thrown away as fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    its the same choice as any other when a superior orders you to do somethin
    It was more than that. Garrosh threatened to burn UC to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    where does it say that?
    Sylvannas didnt invade Gilneas ever so grudgingly, she had her own reasons for going into that nation
    I was referring to the possibility that he repeated what he did in Edge of Night (using the Kor'kron in Undercity to force the Forsaken to invade on his behalf, using them as meat shields for his orcish troops) with the Rebellion, but with Sylvanas manning the helm this go-round and the Forsaken not scrambling to re-establish a firm chain of command, she would have told him to piss off and thrown her lot in with the Rebellion just to spite him.

As for Gilneas, she originally had no interest in it. When Garrosh swung by after her suicide in Edge of Night and forced the Forsaken to attack the Greymane Wall, however, the val'kyr gave her an out from the hellish afterlife she'd been thrust into: make a pact with them and they could return her to undeath at the cost of one of them, so long as at least one of them was still able to take her place in the afterlife (it took three of them to heal her at the end of Silverpine, however). When she returned to the front, she told Garrosh to fuck off after he tried to intimidate her--damn near laughed it off, even, and told him that compared to her afterlife, nothing he could do would ever intimidate her again--and began using the Forsaken far more conservatively than she had before, seeing them as a buffer between herself and her afterlife.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It was more than that. Garrosh threatened to burn UC to the ground.
    in response to the apothecary suggesting the Plauge...........
    Either way what would you do as a leader if one of your commanders refused a order?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Either way what would you do as a leader if one of your commanders refused a order?
    As a leader I wouldn't fucking be an asshole like Garrosh for a start. I'd have zeppelins in the air raining fire all over Gilneas and ships blasting their cannons from the sea. Minimum casualties... heck maybe let Sylvanas use her plague to kill the worgen and then send the undead in to rebuild and detoxify the zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lydon only suggested plague because he knew the charge Garrosh planned was suicide. It was either annihilation by Garrosh or annihilation by suicidal charge.

Also, the reaction was not proportional. 1 commander questioned the order, so Garrosh threatened the entire race...
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-08 at 07:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    As a leader I wouldn't fucking be an asshole like Garrosh for a start. I'd have zeppelins in the air raining fire all over Gilneas and ships blasting their cannons from the sea. Minimum casualties... heck maybe let Sylvanas use her plague to kill the worgen and then send the undead in to rebuild and detoxify the zone.
    Tacticz, wutz dat, CHARGE DA WALL!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Tacticz, wutz dat, CHARGE DA WALL!!!
    Theramore shows Garrosh is pretty good at strategizing. My headcanon was that Garrosh wanted the Forsaken destroyed anyway. Instead of wasting the lives of his troops (and maybe lose support from other Horde races) by killing the Forsaken himself, he just orders them to do suicidal charges. Then sit back when the Alliance invade Lordaeron and finish off the Forsaken.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-08 at 07:55 AM.

Go do silverpines opening quests followed by horde side SFK or the opening of gilneas for worgen. Shes got reason to go, hes the only horde leader at the time openly telling her what she is doing is "an abomination" and leaving korkron there to kill her and all her people if they step out of line.

That and the mana bomb probably made her second guess the blood elves which i think she always thought she could easily over power and maybe now shes seeing things more as blood elves on one side, worgen backed by the entire alliance on the other should things come down to it and they choose to deal with her like garrosh.

Shes backed into a political corner and has to make nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Go back and do the questline. Garrosh has them keeping a close eye on her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuBw7XXemy4
    Thrall put them there when he was warchief, it has nothing to do with Garrosh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freia View Post
    Yea and? You really think they are still there because Thrall sent them now? Blizzard doesn't update things so use common sense. They are there because of Garrosh now.
    Yes, use some common sense.

That is a very good point and one I hadn't thought of, OP.
    Initially I had thought it was fully justified that she help the rebels - Garrosh has been nothing but a thorn in her side since the off (though I fail to believe that Thrall would actually have allowed her to do what she's doing for too long, even if he was, by comparison, a timid leader) - but now that you suggest that they'd be better off keeping out of it, I agree with you. They're working on some pretty dispicable things, and I'm sure Sylvanas would be more interested in progressing that than getting rid of Garrosh - unless of course she just has an intense personal dislike of him. Sylvanas is a very selfish individual, to some extents. She doesn't care all that much for her people, that much was clear after what she said when she tried to finally kill herself, and I think she cares little for the Horde as a whole. She's the sort of individual who does things because she wants to, because it pleases her. Perhaps she trusts the huge number of apothacaries to continue work on the plague (assuming they've not completed it yet) and feels that she can turn her hateful gaze towards the Warchief.
    Personally, I love Sylvanas for those reasons, but I also wouldn't be surprised if, once Garrosh is dead, she did come under scrutiny. If the plague works - and I'm sure it will - she and the Undead will surely become a target sooner or later, by both Horde and Alliance. She only allied with the Horde through convenience, anyways, so I don't believe that there's that much to benefit either in the alliance for her or the rest of the Horde.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery