Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Now assuming we are talking about raids, would any of this be viable as little more then a rotation to use when you are not tanking? I would assume while you are tanking a boss Survival > dps.
    Only if you're in danger of dying.
    Say you're tanking H Jinrokh after it's been on farm for a while. You're not going to be in danger of dying, but it does help you rank higher / kill faster.
    At the same time the only fight where so far i've been afraid of dying is probably H dark animus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Only if you're in danger of dying.
    Say you're tanking H Jinrokh after it's been on farm for a while. You're not going to be in danger of dying, but it does help you rank higher / kill faster.
    At the same time the only fight where so far i've been afraid of dying is probably H dark animus.
    speaking of which - we're trying DA hc 25 man tonight for the first time: prot pally (me), blood dk and prot warr - presume best for warrior to take the boss and me and dk take the massives as we can reset stacks?

best if i take 3 small adds and pop all cds to kill them asap into massive?

HA?

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    speaking of which - we're trying DA hc 25 man tonight for the first time: prot pally (me), blood dk and prot warr - presume best for warrior to take the boss and me and dk take the massives as we can reset stacks?

best if i take 3 small adds and pop all cds to kill them asap into massive?

HA?
    Can't speak for 25m, but I use HA and grab 3 off the bat. Wings+HA, GoAK, AND AD, cause those fuckers hit hard/fast. Refresh sacred shield once you get a few hits taken and youll be on cruise control though; Instant-veng cap. The AP means we're 1-shotting the small inactives, so be careful with abilities so that you don't actiave something you didn't intend to. I had a meta-gem proc fire off on one that I was TARGETTING ~25 yards away, which killed it and spawned a Large Derp.

We do it with 2 Protpals and a BrM. BrM holds boss fulltime, and the other pal and I pingpong the massives. We tried with the DK soaking/resetting, but he wasn't able to do it reliably after the AMS change ~4-5 weeks ago. So now, with bouncing the massives, nobody NEEDS to clear (but it's nice to know we can).
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Can't speak for 25m, but I use HA and grab 3 off the bat. Wings+HA, GoAK, AND AD, cause those fuckers hit hard/fast. Refresh sacred shield once you get a few hits taken and youll be on cruise control though; Instant-veng cap. The AP means we're 1-shotting the small inactives, so be careful with abilities so that you don't actiave something you didn't intend to. I had a meta-gem proc fire off on one that I was TARGETTING ~25 yards away, which killed it and spawned a Large Derp.

We do it with 2 Protpals and a BrM. BrM holds boss fulltime, and the other pal and I pingpong the massives. We tried with the DK soaking/resetting, but he wasn't able to do it reliably after the AMS change ~4-5 weeks ago. So now, with bouncing the massives, nobody NEEDS to clear (but it's nice to know we can).
    what was the AMS change? never played a blood dk myself

what was the AMS change? never played a blood dk myself
    AMS now has to FULLY absorb the hit of the massive(s) to prevent adding a stack.

So, even glyphed, you only have 50% hp (so ~400k) absorb. If you get hit with a font or if the DoT eats through your AMS a bit, you'll not absorb the full slam, meaning that you'll keep stacking up, which will mean you're pretty much boned.

Much easier and more reliable to just ping-pong, IMO.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

I'd say that GoAK AND AD might be an overkill.

And on my way from work found a possibly fun way to make 10 man zerg strat with paladin tank even stronger. Alas most likely won't be able to test it out, since it's somewhat insane.

I'd say that GoAK AND AD might be an overkill.

And on my way from work found a possibly fun way to make 10 man zerg strat with paladin tank even stronger. Alas most likely won't be able to test it out, since it's somewhat insane.
    Might be overkill, it's just a habit from when we first did the fight. But even so, when are you ever going to use CDs in that fight after the first 30 seconds?
    20k and counting...

Might be overkill, it's just a habit from when we first did the fight. But even so, when are you ever going to use CDs in that fight after the first 30 seconds?
    8+ stacks of explosive slam ?

8+ stacks of explosive slam ?
    We 2 tank the massives, so I've never heard of such a thing!
    20k and counting...

We 2 tank the massives, so I've never heard of such a thing!
    Hue.

But depending on how numbers work out, i might actually try full avoidance build (it'll be really easy to abuse in 5.4, but can be possible to sort of abuse even now)

Deleted
    thanks for tips - tanking 3 adds was no probs (lol vengence!) with just GoaK and HA at start - got as far as filling up my massive after a night of wipes. problems began when someone randomly died resulting in chain reaction of linking then wipe. Going for it next week now.

thanks for tips - tanking 3 adds was no probs (lol vengence!) with just GoaK and HA at start - got as far as filling up my massive after a night of wipes. problems began when someone randomly died resulting in chain reaction of linking then wipe. Going for it next week now.
    the fun part is when you rip healing agro on shit you weren't even attacking <_<