Poll: Favourite Login screen?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Favourite Login screen

So which one did you liked the best? Obviously each was unique and with a unique soundtrack in the background as well.
    I actually really,really dig the scrapped Cataclysm screen... other than that my other favourite is the Burning Crusade.
    If you don't know which scrapped screen i am talking about watch this video: (15:07)

This is also a video showing all the Login Screens so far, so check them out!
    Last edited by Deventh; 2013-07-07 at 09:39 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    TBC for me. It felt like an epic intro to the expac showing a minimized size version of the portal in outland and the visuals felt awesome to look at also. 2nd for me would be wrath although what made me dislike it is the annoying dragon roar

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    So which one did you liked the best? Obviously each was unique and with a unique soundtrack in the background as well.
    I actually really,really dig the scrapped Cataclysm screen... other than that my other favourite is the Burning Crusade.
    If you don't know which scrapped screen i am talking about watch this video: (0:55)
    Any of them that had a portal. So Vanilla, BC, and the scrapped Cataclysm one you mentioned were my favorite. The MoP one is kind of like a mixture of the portal login while showing the environment you're about to encounter.

I think the Deathwing one is not that cool... they didn't put bosses right under our noses before why start now? The portal one would've been so much better with that background music.

Deleted
    TBC and Vanilla.

Than ofc, there are those that are fake but would win if they were real:

10+ Year Old Account
    Classic vanilla and Wotlk. But cant say no to either of them
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

I enjoyed TBC one but idk wrath just seemed so awesome with the music and it was the first to be really different imo.

Wrath, by far. BC was my favorite expansion overall, but Wrath had the best login screen and best intro cinematic as far as I'm concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit. Scrapped Cataclysm Screen is about fifty times better than the actual Cata screen I think. They really should have just stuck with the whole Portal/Door theme thing.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh The Cata scraped was pretty neat, but I'd maybe TBC.

I'd always been pretty indiferent to log in screens tbh, I pay more attention to the theme Music of the Log In screen honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    TBC and Vanilla.

That would have been sick. That looks awesome.

However, the BoT portal that the OP had towards the end of the video they posted, that would have been awesome as well. In my opinion BC had the best login screen. Personally I hate the current one for MoP, it's too plain and boring

Credit for the creation of this awesome signature belongs to Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked wrath...but then again there was the frost wyrm I forgot about. I always tried to beat it to logging in xD..

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite was Wrath actually even though TBC is epic the Wrath screen always showed me ICC and the final battle that loomed ahead. Every time you logged in you would see that fortress and you would have a goal. It is also one of the reasons why I loved Wrath so much, the ending was in sight and everything you did lead up to that moment.

I didn't get the same feeling in Cata or TBC.

Deleted
    Love the Vanilla and Burning Crusade login screens.
    The Wrath of the Lidh King dragon made me sad after 1 year.

Classic was my favorite.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC, then WotLK. Sometimes especially during TBC, I would leave the login screen up and turn my monitors off just to hear the music while I chilled. I forgot to close WoW out one night during WotLK before turning off my monitor. I was in bed about to fall asleep when that damn dragon flew by and screamed and scared the shit out of me.

I went for the scrapped Cataclysm log-in. The twilight's hammer are some of my favourite bad guys - there is something about their architecture that is just awesome. I think the Wrath log-in became annoying, especially when accompanied by a disconnect message.

Burning Crusade would be my second choice.

in order - TBC - WotLK - Vanilla - Scrapped Cata - Cata - MoP

I'd say the one with the dark portal in it, seeing that for the first time after playing the RTS games was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    TBC and Vanilla.

Damn, that looks epic. Instead of awesome login screens like this, we were stuck with a dragon whose heads cover almost all screen...