Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    All legendaries are MEH as they are nigh on useless vendor junk/transmog gear with the new expansion, and in most cases the new patch.

The fact that everyone has one makes this more like a vanilla epic than a legendary, they just gave it an orange tooltip.

Deleted
    reading some of these posts, makes me laugh. the amount of ppl not only complaining its a cloak, but theyre not doing the chain quest on their alts because its too long. isnt that the whole point of having mains & ALTS? on a personal note, im quite glad blizz have made it reasonably difficult (depending on drop rate) to complete to get the item, even the solo scenario's are enough of a challenge to make it interesting. i havn't the cloak yet as i still need another 9 titan runestones, but i'm happy to bide my time & wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    The build up system of the legendary in MoP is an awesome system but the final reward is kinda underwhelming to be honest.

I stopped trying to complete it the second I heard it was a cloak. So disappointing :<

Well, if the catch up mechanism also includes the rep needed with the Black Prince. Too annoying to farm mobs for days and days! Also it's very funny to have to get two PvP wins in a battlegroup where the opposing factions dominates PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnaaucici View Post
    Actually it is not TRUE. Everyone who plays last patch 5.4 will have it? You know why? Because there is catch up mechanic fro legendary items. I collected first quest on 2 weeks, second quest was downed to 3 weeks (instead of 6). And I am sure there will be catch up for ToT too. So I am guessing you will need less that 2 months to be ready for LFR/Flex/N/HC legendary Q in SOO.
    so whats not true? you dont automatically get to the last quest as soon as 5.4 is out, you still need to do everything from the start....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    so whats not true? you dont automatically get to the last quest as soon as 5.4 is out, you still need to do everything from the start....
    You say all who plays from 5.0 - This is not true. All will have a cloak. All which put some time to legendary quest line. And I am sure difference between those who started in 5.0 and those start in 5.4 will be 2 months. Depending on Luck ...someone who will be xtremly lucky start Q in 5.4 .. will finishes the Q before that one, which collected Q I from time when 5.0 dinged. It can happen especially if QI will drop randomly like it is now in ToT.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be cool if after you got the cloak you'd get a quest chain that would reward a legendary weapon. the quest chain would be "hard mode" so you wouldn't see everyone running around with one.

Isn't someone said on twitter there will be more than Legendary cloak? Weapons, maybe? If not, pfffffft...

I like it, it is something different. WoW community will never be satisfied no matter what Blizzard does... even if it was a Weapon people would still be whining about it somehow!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Isn't someone said on twitter there will be more than Legendary cloak? Weapons, maybe? If not, pfffffft...
    Naw just a cloak however it's still PTR and still subjugated to change ;P

And what makes a weapon legendary anyway ?
    Warglaives/bow being a random drop.
    What legendaries have not been reliant on RNG potentially being handed to a player who has had a fraction of the number of kills than another who who by rights should have earned it ?
    Also how is it being a weapon fair, since there will always be some classes or specs over-represented in terms of previous legendaries and some under-represented.

You seem unable to define what makes the item legendary, because you cannot.

i keep reading about this arguement that the Legendary quest is just content to keep people subbed.

so wait...the point against the game and quests is that its making additional content to keep people playing the game?

news at 10...

10+ Year Old Account
    for a legendary its going to be very quest greeny.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what makes a weapon legendary anyway ?
    Warglaives/bow being a random drop.
    What legendaries have not been reliant on RNG potentially being handed to a player who has had a fraction of the number of kills than another who who by rights should have earned it ?
    Also how is it being a weapon fair, since there will always be some classes or specs over-represented in terms of previous legendaries and some under-represented.

You seem unable to define what makes the item legendary, because you cannot.
    To but it bluntly, people are just bothered that anything other than a minority (See: Raiders) can get it.

Then they're further bothered that all classes, and not just their glass (A further minority in the previous minority) can get it.

So you have people who want it to be classic specific, then you have people who want it to only be available to raiders.

I somewhat like this new model, where it's really focused on individual effort, with some minor grouping required, rather than it almost entirely being built around grouping. It could still use some work in so much as the stuff you do on your own could be more challenging, but whatever.

Legendaries aren't supposed to be "Legendary". It's supposed to be an item quality that designates it's more powerful than an Epic (and less commonly gotten than epics) (Which, also, is not supposed to be "Epic", either. I get tired of people saying those things.) Which all seems to still be the case.

ALSO, just because it's "easy for anyone to get one", doesn't mean anything. Most people still won't have them. They'll just be more common than past legendaries. Not even the majority of players even use LFR, let alone the small group that does anything above that.

Hell, there's millions of paying subscribers who don't even own MoP.
    Last edited by Otimus; 2013-07-09 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Because of the way it is build up with the legendary questline, it ends up being a giant time sink and more or less becomes a loyal subcriber bonus.
    It doesn't feel unique or "legendary" it endsup having the feeling of you get a watch together with your 1 year subscription to some magazine.

While old legendarys where heavily reliable on luck and more or less being selected to get the legendary if it was a collecting quest like atiesh, valnyar, shadowmourne, firelands staff or rogue "daggers". It did still feel like a unique legendry item and not some subscription present.

I like it. I think people were just expecting a shiny weapon, but I think the proc effect is a pretty cool idea. Also, 3 secondary stats is pretty awesome.

I just wish the cloaks looked better in this game.. But I'm not too disappointed but it.

I just read a blue post saying they are going to be making it easier to catch up on the questline next patch which kind of makes me upset. People should have to put as much time into getting this cloak as everyone else.

Their reasoning for making it a cloak is genius. I personally love the idea. People have been complaining that they can never get a legendary, so Blizz makes it easily obtainable. However, they also foresaw that if everyone had this epic looking legendary weapon, then legendaries would lose sooooooo much significance. By making them cloaks, BLizzard has both kept Legendary weapons(Including the idea of an exclusive weapon model) unique - allowing them to continue the trand of special unique ledgendarry weapons, and provided a legendary that is accessible to the masses

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I first heard about the legendary quest line just before MoP launched I was quite intrigued. That didn't last long after progressing through some of the stages.

A mindless RNG grind, not once, not twice but three times. Upon reflection I wish they had only made it available in normal and heroic or even not introduced it at all.

I got to the stage where I was collecting runestones and honestly thought, what is the point? It was at that moment that I realised there wasn't really that much to do during this expansion and unsubbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    I would hate it if people that haven't worked for it can get it in a few weeks. It's already easier now to get than before, no need to make it even more accessible to slackers.
    i started a new toon 2-3 weeks into 5.2.... ill be caught up before 5.4 is even close to hitting... It really doesnt take a whole lot to finish the legendary.