Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It should have been a legendary gun. A cloak for every toon is a fucking joke.

Am I the only one who isn't disappointed in the new legendaries?

I'm sure it could've been more exciting, but does it really have to be weapons every expansion?`
    And why is it I have the feeling that people are just getting too used to legendaries?

3.0: No legendary
    3.1: Val'anyr, Hammer of Ancient Kings
    3.2: No legenday
    3.3: Shadowmourne
    4.0: No legendary
    4.1: Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa's Rest
    4.2: No legendary (Not exactly any raids either)
    4.3: Fangs of the Father

Do you see the point I'm trying to make?

I, for one, like the new cloaks, I might not display it on my character, but that doesn't make it less legendary.
    Is the problem really that everyone that tries can get one? It's not hard, no, you can do it by going LFR, but it still takes a long time to do, I've been at it since I dinged 90, and I'm not even done collecting Titan Runestones yet.

There was some hard things in it, sure, the scenario with the thunderforge was quite challenging, doesn't completing that show that you have at least a grain of skill? It does to me.

If you're simply disappointed by the fact that it's a cloak, fair enough.
    If you don't like the legendary because it's "easy to get", then I must ask you why? All I see about the legendaries on MMO-C is that everyone can get it.

Is it really a problem that everyone can get it?
    Does that make the quest mean less to you, are you unable to enjoy yourself if someone else does the same thing?

I don't mind exclusive content, and I love the idea that only players with the legendary can kill the new world boss, but why shouldn't everybody have a chance to do that?

they made them too accessible, my only issue is they dont feel too legendary.

Should of been a weapon or something that doesn't look like shit that most people hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    so a legendary for 2-4 hours work a week, i dont like it much.
    Is this your argument? Really?
    I could clear ToT in 4 hours, then I'd be done for that week.
    I don't see what you're trying to get across? That LFR is bad?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the idea is good. Just a shame most characters look awfull when showing their cloaks.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    Is this your argument? Really?
    I could clear ToT in 4 hours, then I'd be done for that week.
    I don't see what you're trying to get across? That LFR is bad?
    His argument is that EVERYONE GETS A LEGENDARY. They used to mean something in TBC and Classic while now they are the equivalent of the head enchants of TBC and Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    The amount of time I have put into getting this far in the legendary chain... to find out it's a damn cloak.. Not happy yet another reason for me to not want to play any more. It's all RNG behind RNG with a side of RNG just to be sure.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    For someone that quit the game you sure do care a lot about what happens in it. Move on already, lol.

Anyways, I'm sold on it now it has those animations, would of wished for an extra "fun" proc though, like on-use transforms you into a Black Dragon.
    Move on? Nah I still login from time to time being a casual now however my days on being hardcore on is over haha. Sometimes I sub let it fall come back let it fall again same shit for the past year now :P

Of course I'm going to mess around in 5.4 and get the legendary besides I also have to get the heroic Garrosh mount by probably buying it since I don't wanna step foot into raiding any longer in terms of HC

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    His argument is that EVERYONE GETS A LEGENDARY. They used to mean something in TBC and Classic while now they are the equivalent of the shoulder enchants of TBC and Classic.
    I know plenty of people not getting the legendary.
    It still requires a certain level of dedication to get, is it a problem that everybody has a chance now?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the way that its not only weapon legendaries, but as someone said, to bad the cloaks look crap
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

You get more than those that pay the same, and your mad? Economics 101, B lizz is a company.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    I know plenty of people not getting the legendary.
    It still requires a certain level of dedication to get, is it a problem that everybody has a chance now?
    There is nothing legendary about that.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm getting legendary and I haven't even stepped foot into normal raiding this expansion :P /prances around feeling special

Lack of legendary weapon is a good thing. I can't imagine balancing raid bosses around team with legendary weapons and without.

I selfishly would have preferred the legendary to A. be a weapon and B. only be available in HC. I do like that everybody can have their personal progress instead of being bestowed upon a couple of people per tier and then having to deal with the drama from the others.

I just hate feeling the need to run my alts through LFR just to keep up with the quest line. It's a nightmare. I would have preferred 1 legendary per account through HC only.

I think it is.
    I think it's the most exciting questline besides The Scepter of the Shifting Sands quest chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I selfishly would have preferred the legendary to A. be a weapon and B. only be available in HC. I do like that everybody can have their personal progress instead of being bestowed upon a couple of people per tier and then having to deal with the drama from the others.

I just hate feeling the need to run my alts through LFR just to keep up with the quest line. It's a nightmare. I would have preferred 1 legendary per account through HC only.

How would this intice and increase subs?

By far the best legendary concept the game has ever had. With little exception this has been the most useful during progression as almost all of the others aren't obtained until well after progression is over for almost anyone. The RNG grind is practically identical so not much to say there. This is also the first time ever that the toxic effects of legendary assignment to a raid member haven't existed to destroy many many many guilds with literally zero upside like before.

To be honest, the concept this expansion has rolled with beats the absolute shit out of any previous legendary to date. One could complain than a cloak isn't as "epic" as a weapon but honestly the net gain is about the same so any intelligent and logically minded person shouldn't really care that much.

It's actually a little pathetic that some people are so blind to all the major upsides of this system compared to previous ones just because it isn't a weapon. Kind of embarrassing that this community has so many people that see things so irrationally and tunnel-minded.

Deleted
    I don't care what slot it is in. I don't care what it looks like. I don't care about how many other people have it as well as me (if they're bad they're still going to get beaten by people without it).

I care about the proc effect it has and how much extra damage it gives me.

Being a Death Knight I think the melee proc looks quite good. Extra single target damage and a huge boost if it procs for AoE plus it scales with weapon damage...what's not to love?

(Edited to try and fix my poor grammar :<)