Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dark Animus 10HC - Zerg Pally Main Tank - Feedback from pally tanks who've done it

Hi all, new post again this time about Dark Animus HC

We reached him yesterday and gave him a few pulls before raid was called due to time, we're going back tonight w/ 2 hours on him before we clear, last raid of the week for us.

We're going with the zerg strat and our comp is:

me - Prot pally MT

Resto Druid
    Holy Pally

BM/Surv Hunter
    Demo Lock
    Ele Shammy
    Balance Druid
    Fury Warrior (tanks offspec)
    Assasin Rogue
    Unholy DK

Last night only a few of us had a rogue idea of how it worked, people didn't read ... But anyway heres our way of doing it yesterday

I start by taking 3 Golems + boss, using shield wall + Holy Avenger, take them to mid and instant kill 1 golem off, capping vengance for SS/Dmg, i also chuck down a lights hammer but i'm thinking of switching to holy prism for mass raid heals. This bits fine and easy tbh.

We had a dps take 2 golems, and everyone else take 1 (apart from rogue ofc) - the dps and healers golems were being killed into inactive golems, however there was a lot of issues with this and posistioning and such and i'm thinking of just taunting the dps's golem who is holding 2, so he can move (after my 3rd golem dies), so i'm taking 3 again, kill it, then take healers, kill it, take last healers, kill it and then nuke boss?

So this way we have killed 4 golems into DA - by me taking them 1 by 1 after my 3rd add dies, so i'm never tanking more than 3+boss, and after i should have 2+boss in which case we nuke boss. Just wanted some feedback on how people dealt with the extra add and healers adds, so healers can be free to heal and a dps is never holding 2.

Anyway with the strat we did last night we had like 10 pulls, 3-4 decent pulls with our longest being around 1:30 and boss being around 54%. At the start we use lust and try burn down the golems, then focus boss. So the first minute is kind of low dmg on DA. I don't think the Zerg strat is that hard honestly, but i wanted to know if theres a main key thing i'm missing.

Also one last thing - our rogue is taking Anima Rings ofc, he takes 2 bits, so i can move out easily, but on our first few trys his debuff reached 6 stacks, is he meant to wait like 0.5 seconds as the 2nd one spawns? so his debuff drops.

Edit: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/89y0d...=13066&e=13158
    Log for our 1:31 attempt.

havent done the zerg strat but you cant have a dps with TWO golems on him or he does instantly
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Incorrect... Not trying to sound rude but this is why i asked for people who've done it - A dps stands in between the golems and they will not be linked. it prevents movement in which case your raid has to be fast to deal w/ one of them.

Deleted
    I've tried it (we didn't quite get there) by tanking 3 golems at the start and instakilling one of them, then having our hunter nuke 1 other one on me whilst I blow up the boss (originally I killed 2 but we decided abusing my vengeance cap was more worthwhile so the hunter killed it for me). As soon as I was left with 1 golem I'd taunt the dps who was tanking 2 of them and I'd hold 2 until my 100% SotR uptime from holy avenger was due to expire - I'd make sure to kill off 1 other one by that point and then tank animus + 1 add for the remainder.

We have everyone nuke boss whole time, pala tank kills a few off as his cds run out. I tank two as demo lock, tank taunts one off me when the first fonts go out. (Moving from fonts while keeping 2 not chaining is problematic to say the least.) Everyone else tanks their adds till boss is dead.
    It's pretty simple if you have enough dps to make it and you can keep the tank alive in the beginning.
    There is some rng that can wipe you though (anima ring rooted + double font at the tank) but he might survive anyway, and if you wipe just go again. Wipe / recovery is really fast here.
    Last edited by zethh; 2013-07-08 at 11:46 AM.

You need everyone on the boss from the start. We had 3 on paladin, 2 + boss on dk, but the paladin took the boss from agro. Paladin would taunt a few when he killed his for extra vengeance. Our zerg wasn't the most optimal but it requires a shit load of dps. Honestly, the normal strat is much easier and less RNG dependent imo. You could probably even do a modified "normal" strat and do only 1 massive golem.

Here's our log if you want to check it out

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=15738&e=15896
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2013-07-08 at 11:47 AM.

Deleted
    I havn't killed it as prot (we needed 2 healers in the end so I went holy, but this is how it worked)

BrM takes 3 adds + boss from start.
    Spriest takes 2
    Rogue takes zero, and breaks rings from start.

- Tank uses all cd's at start, focus target is his 1st add.
    - One of the tanks must always be lower than the dps's. he'll taunt one of the spriests adds for more vengeance and before anima font starts to fly so the spriest doesn't get gimped.
    - Once 3 adds are dead and empower golem is sorted by having the other low, tank can start to take a few more rings for vengeance.

ps. Unless your dps is good, or your healers are good enough to 1 heal, the zerg strat will be far more of a pain in the ass than the 'normal' one,

@ Libertarian. If your lock was playing the proper spec etc, it'd feel far less tight on dps. (your dps in general is pro, hunter and rogue rape ours yet you have a slower kill. Your holydin also seems to be doing near to nothing but thats another matter)

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Only skimmed the post so I may have missed something.

We just have everyone take one with three on the tank, you're only needing to double up on a dps because your rogue isn't taking one. The rogue can kill one into an inactive as the priority target and just leave the excess on one of the ranged players. Keeps it clean and prevents the aggro issues with needing to stand between them and be planted to the ground.

Rogue is assigned one, kills it into an inactive with the help of the rest of the DPS then steps onto the boss. From that you just tuck in and enjoy an easy kill.
    Thanks to all the posters, Choice are you saying, after the rogues add, and after my 3rd add, no adds really need to die?

From what i'm understanding
    i pull 3 + boss
    all dps gets one including rogue
    Dps focus rogues add
    i kill 1 of my 3 adds
    Nuke boss

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the max that can be allowed to die into the boss is 4 [or you'll get full power @ 1st jolt]. No need to complicate things/range by putting them into larges etc.

Not a tank, but my guild's tried this fight out several ways one of which I was tanking so I know a little bit about it. You can stick one of the extra adds on either a warlock or hunter pet (hunter pet might be harder since it's in the midst of things) but we stuck it on a warlock pet. It just requires a little bit more work from your warlock. Before our main tank's big cooldowns come off he'll taunt the one on the pet and kill that one too all before the 1 minute mark. Haven't kill him yet but I think we're a few pulls from killing him since the first part isn't the problem anymore, just getting people to not stand in Anima Font...This way all your DPS can focus on boss pretty near 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    My knowledge of our raids specific assignments is lacking, It is extremely forgiving though. Even the most extended strategies has the boss enraging at the second siphon, as long as you don't full power on the first it makes no difference to the enrage.

I think we fill at least one large inactive, but I may be mistaken there.
    Right ideal way is to hit jolt on the first, hit full power on second and use the left over time from the full power cast and survival to finish it off.

So tonight we tried it, 29 pulls total, before clearing rest of bosses for the week.
    Also Note my ilvl on my pally tank is 530, im at around 36% haste too, so i'm thinking of pushing 40% for the boost in survivability.

Anyway we gave it 29 pulls- majority were fast wipes ofc, a few 1:30-2min wipes.
    As a tank i felt like around the 1:30 mark it was insane, i was thinking of killing a 2nd golem off at 1:40, so i would be left with 1 add + boss, just to see how much dps we would need (enrage).
    Also a lot of the time we was messed up with Anima Font, melee was covered with it constantly...

2 min try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=5714&e=5839
    Locks trinket wasnt proccing for majority of pulls too..

Any tips? at the start i try to Guardian + Holy Avenger, hit DA twice or so, then kill my 3rd golem, i use divine protection when its back off CD, and Ardent defender shortly after, after that i get killed by RNG like too many fonts or such. I normally try to ask for a Pain sup or such around 1:30 but theres so much going on, i told the ranged if they get Anima Font to go max distance, but melee still was covered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    So tonight we tried it, 29 pulls total, before clearing rest of bosses for the week.
    Also Note my ilvl on my pally tank is 530, im at around 36% haste too, so i'm thinking of pushing 40% for the boost in survivability.

Anyway we gave it 29 pulls- majority were fast wipes ofc, a few 1:30-2min wipes.
    As a tank i felt like around the 1:30 mark it was insane, i was thinking of killing a 2nd golem off at 1:40, so i would be left with 1 add + boss, just to see how much dps we would need (enrage).
    Also a lot of the time we was messed up with Anima Font, melee was covered with it constantly...

2 min try: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m...?s=5714&e=5839
    Locks trinket wasnt proccing for majority of pulls too..

Any tips? at the start i try to Guardian + Holy Avenger, hit DA twice or so, then kill my 3rd golem, i use divine protection when its back off CD, and Ardent defender shortly after, after that i get killed by RNG like too many fonts or such. I normally try to ask for a Pain sup or such around 1:30 but theres so much going on, i told the ranged if they get Anima Font to go max distance, but melee still was covered.
    One big tip: Res the warlock instead of having him run in.
    Don't get hit by fonts, anybody but the tank getting hit is just bad. If you're gonna get hit by more than 1, just pop DP for it unglyphed. (in the 2 min try only you got hit, and only twice, so np.)
    By 1:30 there should be zero danger of tank death, are you eating too many rings/tanking too many adds for vengeance?
    ps. You don't have the dps for the strategy, nowhere near. You need to find 80 million damage to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by oggyowl View Post
    One big tip: Res the warlock instead of having him run in.
    Don't get hit by fonts, anybody but the tank getting hit is just bad. If you're gonna get hit by more than 1, just pop DP for it unglyphed. (in the 2 min try only you got hit, and only twice, so np.)
    By 1:30 there should be zero danger of tank death, are you eating too many rings/tanking too many adds for vengeance?
    ps. You don't have the dps for the strategy, nowhere near. You need to find 80 million damage to the boss.
    Cheers for the answer haha, we have the dps definantly but on the attempts tonight it was shocking, Vanskus the lock normally does 400kish+ and im at 600-700k. but Tonights been bad on the dps...
    1:30 mark i've got 2 adds + boss.

Deleted
    Hi guys, 2nd night we try the zerg strat, and people die randomly from anima font, and me too, because of anima ring that stuns me in it.

I'd really like some insights since this looks like a dedicated thread to the situation.

Here are some direct links to our longest attempts of the night, but feel free to browse others wipe if you want :

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/954ij...?s=8938&e=9046
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/954ij...?s=8681&e=8778
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/954ij...?s=8017&e=8140
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/954ij...?s=6941&e=7085

For more details :

I take 3 on pull, kill one immediatly and keep 2 to cheese vengeance.
    I guardian + HA + barkskin on pull, then DP+AD, then I get pain supp then guardian spirit. I even switched my 543 Spark for the 497 stamina trink/use mastery.

The rogue takes an add to be killed by the raid in an inactive and then clear my rings.

Here are the few problems I encounter :

On pull, I am steel forced to Lay on hands myself when positioning the boss+2-3 adds EVEN under those said CDs.

After the 1min mark, I feel all squishy with two adds , I don't have anymore CDs nor externals. Are my healers not enough focused on me because the raid takes too much (I am generally @25% in their healing proportion) ? Am i doing something wrong tanking it ?

For anima rings, since anima font is almost spamming me after the 3ring, we have a rotation of disc bubble, smoke bomb and warrior CDs to help me survive it. But I don't know if it is just not enough or if something is way off.

Thanks for your help, since I feel despite giving my best here, I feel lonely and fragile compared to the smooth kills of your vids.

P.S : spells are in french, but mouseover is english if you are patient enough to analyze my logs

Deleted
    one good way is to have 3 tanks, each tank has 1 golem and they link them. oO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    one good way is to have 3 tanks, each tank has 1 golem and they link them. oO
    3tanks for zerg strat ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by metasaigneur View Post
    3tanks for zerg strat ? ^^
    Idk, tbh that might not be such a bad idea, not sure for exactly like that, but say 1 tanks 2 and DA and 2 tank linked up ones, they're still getting extra veng so dps compatible to normal dps, not requiring as much healing as if both had 2 on em, and have nice cd's + self heals (so could probably drop to 2 healers)

Deleted
    Yeah made me think (because I didn't think it was silly, just unusual ^^) and drew that conclusion too, especially since warrior dps is tank mainspec.
    If we go two tanks, we got 2each + boss on me, I kill one, and sit with 1+boss and co-tank just 2, the total of three little ones being linked ?

We are 2healing it. Is this a bad idea with only one tank ? Since I tend to die after the 1min mark ? would our RDPS be enough with 3healers (1Mw monk, 1disc and 1 holy, monk replacing warrior)
    Last edited by mmocb71f6e42a0; 2013-07-23 at 01:49 AM.

We tryed the zerg strat for 1½ evening, in it seems alot harder then just doing it normaly with 3 tanks

we have killed it, 1½ evening trying to zerg gave us 50ish % at best, we had the dps to kill him before full energy but random tank death happed alot, and the pull was kinda hard as we had a shadow priest tanking 2.

with 1 evening of running normal start with 3 tanks we got him to 15% - and will sure kill him next time we raid