Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    Some more evidence for the cash shop apologists* to gloss over after a few pages when the shock-factor has subsided.
    Code:
    "BLIZZARD_STORE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_ON_SALE"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_BUY"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_PLUS_TAX"
    "BLIZZARD_STORE_PRODUCT_INDEX"
    local numGroups = C_PurchaseAPI.GetNumProductGroups()
    local id, name, description, icon, normalPrice, currentPrice = C_PurchaseAPI.GetProductGroupInfo(CurrentGroupIndex)
    Note that these are extracted from the English Client using the tools freely provided by Blizzard with the game for that purpose (no third party tools or datamining needed)
    I guess that's going into the enUS client just to support an exp boost for the Asian market...

*sorry I meant impartial moderators
    All of those strings would be necessary if it it's their intention to make items such as pets and mounts from the out-of-game Blizzard Store available in-game. This isn't news. It's clear it won't stop there but the quote in and of itself is meaningless since the plans are very clear to make at least those available in-game. They've already said they want to do that much so I don't get the conspiracy stuff.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    They've already said they want to do that much so I don't get the conspiracy stuff.
    I think you will find the Tin Foil Hats are handed out for free with topics like this. A service, that someone will never use, that is only available in other markets, which has coding that is shared for ALL installers, will always cause an upheaval. In this case, it is just the prefacing for things to come. I don't agree with the Tin foil hats, but I also have a rough time dismissing that last 1% of what they say which might be truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you pay to rent out gear or rare mounts.

e.g. $7 for Mimirons head for 7 days.
    Hi

Deleted
    Yet another company that will go like "oh we just gonna add one small buff for money" that goes into "buy new hairstyles, buy awesome transmog gear, buy +100% honor, increase cap, reset that and this crap" kind of garbage.

Isle of Thunder PvP with sanctuary areas and OP guards>making pve gear better than pvp gear in pvp servers outside instanced areas>buy +100% honor gain to be the first in the season to own people>?
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-07-11 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    This doesn't really make me very happy. It'll only feed fuel to the fire of people who insist that they have to do everything that is possible...and that means spending more money.
    Enabling such people ("whales") to spend large amounts of money is the business model behind F2P games.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I think you will find the Tin Foil Hats are handed out for free with topics like this. A service, that someone will never use, that is only available in other markets, which has coding that is shared for ALL installers, will always cause an upheaval. In this case, it is just the prefacing for things to come. I don't agree with the Tin foil hats, but I also have a rough time dismissing that last 1% of what they say which might be truth.
    all Blizzard have to do is come out and state clearly "this is for our customers in the eastern markets, not for the subscribers in the west" and it would clear the whole thing up for the tin foil hat brigade. Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    I fear the sub decline in MoP has been worse that they projected. The Q2 numbers (coming out in a few weeks) will be very interesting.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

all Blizzard have to do is come out and state clearly "this is for our customers in the eastern markets, not for the subscribers in the west" and it would clear the whole thing up for the tin foil hat brigade. Blizzards silence on this matter speaks volumes.
    I have said this time and time again in this thread but no-one seems to able to answer why Blizzard have not simply said it is not for Western regions if it is only intended for Asia.

An in game shop is coming and will only grow and the items will become more neat and useful.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is in major denial.

They're gonna try to squeeze every dime possible out of this game while they can.

Deleted
    I don't like it personally, but I am convinced that they will add it. I wouldn't mind, if they would just offer the normal stuff that's on the web store already, but things like the 100% more EXP buff shows that they are going to add ALOT of additional items to the ingame store to make extra cash. I expect ALOT of items every couple weeks to show up there. Milk the cow as someone alr said.

It is a bit sad to see business plans like that in games - but does it change the actual game? No. Nobody forces you to use it. But they know that alot of people will actually use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to break this to you, but here is how that conversation would go:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dear Players: As of late, there has been a lot of buzz about the cash shop. We would like to assure you this is for the Asian market only, and will not be released in the US. We have no plans to do so at this time
    Tin Foil Hat:
    SO, what you are telling us is this WILL be released in the US at some point and this game is PAY TO WIN! GG BLIZZFAIL!
    We are only releasing this for the Asian Market, there is no intent to move it into the North American market.
    Tin Foil Hat:
    Don't LIE to us !!! We know you are just a money hungry corporation that will suck every last dollar out of your players and spit in their faces!
    So, as you can see, it does not matter WHAT Blizz says, they are damned if they do, or if they do not. Sad part is, they usually bring it on themselves, and they are not known for being the most honest or forthcoming bunch. But, that doesn't mean I agree with the conspiracy theorists. They need to just cool their jets, and let the chips fall where they may. If they are right, they can say, "WE TOLD YOU SO!" and if they are wrong, they'll say, "NICE COVER UP!" Can't win a battle of wits when you are only armed with tin foil.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I hate to break this to you, but here is how that conversation would go:

Dear Players: As of late, there has been a lot of buzz about the cash shop. We would like to assure you this is for the Asian market only, and will not be released in the US. We have no plans to do so at this time

We are only releasing this for the Asian Market, there is no intent to move it into the North American market.

So, as you can see, it does not matter WHAT Blizz says, they are damned if they do, or if they do not. Sad part is, they usually bring it on themselves, and they are not known for being the most honest or forthcoming bunch. But, that doesn't mean I agree with the conspiracy theorists. They need to just cool their jets, and let the chips fall where they may. If they are right, they can say, "WE TOLD YOU SO!" and if they are wrong, they'll say, "NICE COVER UP!" Can't win a battle of wits when you are only armed with tin foil.
    I do not believe this would be the case, undoubtedly there would be some that do not believe them and as you said this is partly Blizzard's fault that people will not take their word at face value, but the majority of would take this as an end to the matter. The argument that Blizzard are damned if they do, damned if they don't is all to regularly used in an attempt to shut down and kind of discussion that does not show Blizzard in a positive light. And just how would Blizzard go about covering up an item shop? Kinda of defeats the purpose of a shop if no-one knows about it dontcha think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I do not believe this would be the case, undoubtedly there would be some that do not believe them and as you said this is partly Blizzard's fault that people will not take their word at face value, but the majority of would take this as an end to the matter. The argument that Blizzard are damned if they do, damned if they don't is all to regularly used in an attempt to shut down and kind of discussion that does not show Blizzard in a positive light. And just how would Blizzard go about covering up an item shop? Kinda of defeats the purpose of a shop if no-one knows about it dontcha think?
    I know that... and you know that... now we just have to figure out a way to share it with the tin foil hats.

Its terrible, its the biggest gamebreaker to ever appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Edit: This is being tested for Korean Realms only/first.
    Bad idea on their part, Koreans hate micro transactions and they will never EVER manage to beat Aion there, especially with micro transactions.

When they made Aion F2P in NA and EU Koreans were pissed.

http://news.mmosite.com/content/c/20...restless.shtml

However, South Korean players seemed to be a quite surprised that the NO. 1 MMO in South Korea will go f2p in Europe. They argued that excellent games should adopt the p2p model instead of f2p model. Some players even claimed that European players are "stingy" or "don't know how to appreciate such a masterpiece".
    Last edited by Flower Milk; 2013-07-13 at 03:05 PM.