Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

25 warlocks vs Heart of Fear (US style)

After speaking with chrispotter and watching the Euros succeed at it, I'm posting here on MMO-Champion (and making a new thread instead of bumping the old one) to let the US horde warlocks know that I'm aiming to start an event for the Americans for the same thing. I know there was major american interest in the event when EU did it, but for obvious reasons, none of us were able to go. So I'd like to change that.

Here is the Openraid link so I can keep this all organized in one place to start generating player interest: http://openraid.us/events/view/112555#info

All of the requirements are listed on Openraid, but I would love if any of the regulars here, or any non warlocks who have warlock raiding guildies who are at least 530+, patient and experienced with the zone in and out can spread the words to get this going. I would love to make this a success for the americans. Who knows, even though it's way easier for the lulz if this goes well, I may do this for paladins and druids in the future.

(EDIT: This ilvl requirement doesn't mean that people who are slightly lower or fairly lower shouldn't sign up anyways. I'll take what I have to work with, just have a preference to the higher ilvl/skilled, the better)
    Last edited by Vathral2; 2013-07-08 at 06:51 PM.

Paladins and druids would have a much easier time with this since they have actual healing and tanking specs, would just be a raid with non-optimal buff coverage.

Sadly my geared lock is alliance, and my horde lock is only 497 ilvl.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Paladins and druids would have a much easier time with this since they have actual healing and tanking specs, would just be a raid with non-optimal buff coverage.

Sadly my geared lock is alliance, and my horde lock is only 497 ilvl.
    Of course they'd have an easier time, but that would completely ruin the entire point of the run.
    OT: I'd love to do this, however my lock isn't quite geared enough

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean don't get me wrong, I'll take lower geared players, its just merely for empress that the higher gear req helps. I encourage anyone to sign up and I'll work with what I have.

Edit: Yes, I know druids/paladins/monks would have a much easier time, it's just three of the toons I also happen to play, and just simply leading 25 mans of this caliber of these classes would be fun to do imo. Who knows, maybe I'll consider doing other 25 of one class runs on heroic with MV down the road.
    Last edited by Vathral2; 2013-07-08 at 07:02 PM.

Just signed up, and will ask a few guildies tonight if they want to tag along.

*EDIT* Can also stream/clip the footage if people are interested in watching.
    Last edited by Rezhial; 2013-07-09 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thelm View Post
    Ugh, always horde...
    /sigh...of course. But Horde racials are in no way OP or game changing.

Great idea though...wish you guys success and look forward to seeing the video(s).

If anyone wants to make an Alliance version I can get some promotion, given my stats within OpenRaid :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    /sigh...of course. But Horde racials are in no way OP or game changing.

Great idea though...wish you guys success and look forward to seeing the video(s).
    Hey, I've been horde since I started playing back in wee Vanilla :P Nothing 'bout racials here! I just wish I could do something for the alliance, but alas, not this time!

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    Just signed up, and will ask a few guildies tonight if they want to tag along.

*EDIT* Can also stream/clip the footage if people are interested in watching.
    I'll be streaming the event as well at twitch.tv/vathral, but you are free to do so if you wish.

10+ Year Old Account
    im trying to sign up but it seems no matter what i do it keeps telling me im not eligable for the raid...im 11/13 heroic 544 ilvl (warlock of course) idk whta im doing wrong lol but i deff wanna go!
    RobbRiott#1332 sign me up please
    toon= Headd Kil'jaeden US

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    im trying to sign up but it seems no matter what i do it keeps telling me im not eligable for the raid...im 11/13 heroic 544 ilvl (warlock of course) idk whta im doing wrong lol but i deff wanna go!
    RobbRiott#1332 sign me up please
    toon= Headd Kil'jaeden US
    Weird that's happening to you. That's fine, just PM me your information then so I don't forget. I'll check over this thread as the day gets closer, but I just want a failsafe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathral2 View Post
    Weird that's happening to you. That's fine, just PM me your information then so I don't forget. I'll check over this thread as the day gets closer, but I just want a failsafe.
    yeah i had a major idiot moment...i had to sign up for open raid cuz i didnt have a account and they make you remove 2 pieces of gear to verify your toon and when i did it dropped my ilvl to like 478 so it was making me not eligible but i fixed and have signed up....pretty excited for this cant wait!1!!

Good luck guys
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    can use some more interest guys, I'd love to get this off the ground for us americans!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A little worried about attendance for this run, please continue to spread the word about the run guys, I'm sadly not as well-known among the community, so I definitely need a little more help to keep the public aware about this run. It needs more warlocks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bumppppppp

Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2013-07-15 at 01:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Post constructively and on topic in this thread or we will be forced to close it, good cause or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InsertStrangeNameHere View Post
    Bumppppppp

Infracted for spam.
    sorry didnt know that was spam, was just trying to get more ppl to see and hopefully attend.

I'd love to join, but I am going to be traveling out of country and won't be able to play for 2 weeks But good luck and someone better make a video montage!

Would love to see more folks get on bored for this.