Thread: Glowing Eyes

Glowing Eyes

I should have mentioned in the title this is about Rift, just in case anyone gets confused, before I get started.

So I noticed a rogue who's eyes were glowing blue. I thought to myself, that's awesome and I want that.

I'm a mage, about to hit level 51 actually, but I'm not sure whether that's relevant. I did a little research and so far as I know there are a few ways to go about having your character's eyes glow; one being obtaining a certain set of weapons, another being have a particular buff (not sure which), and another by having a rare tanking necklace. I looked at the guy who had it and it was a rogue. He didn't seem to have any of these things. I thought it might have been his ascended power, but it was just the Defiant version of Omen Sight which doesn't give any particular effect.

So does anyone know where to get something like this? I figure if this was WoW I'd know instantly because I'm quite the items guru, but I'm back here on Rift after quitting soon after release and suffice it to say, my knowledge is limited when it comes to mostly cosmetic stuff. (I quit because I couldn't afford to play it and WoW. Now that it's free to play I can, yay!)

There doesn't seem to be an equivilent to wowhead - well there is, but it isn't as popular and so there's not as many comments, which is where I think wowhead can give you the most information. So any info would be apprecaited.

Threads I looked up for reference:

It's just a self buff or one gained form doing events and stuff.

Seen that on a cleric, dunno where it's coming from.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

I believe it is a Cabalist or Inquisitor self buff for Clerics.

I don't really play anything besides Warrior. I don't know the name of other class abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if you figured out the name of the ability yet, but myself as a cleric, when I started playing was also wondering about why my eyes were glowing, lol. Turns out it was one of my buffs that I usually have active at all times, it's called Spiritual Scrutiny.

Actually I just found out my eyes were glowing as well - as a VK, with Pacts up. Purple glow looks pretty damn nice.

There's absolutely an upgradable set that triggers this effect. It's a two-piece. I can't remember offhand, will look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Empyreal Hero's Fortified Buckler + Empowered Commissar's Gavel of Unbreakable Will

Any time you're wielding a pair of hands that make up the Infinity Juggernaut, as far as I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    There's absolutely an upgradable set that triggers this effect. It's a two-piece. I can't remember offhand, will look it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Empyreal Hero's Fortified Buckler + Empowered Commissar's Gavel of Unbreakable Will

Any time you're wielding a pair of hands that make up the Infinity Juggernaut, as far as I remember.
    I do wear the warrior version of it, actually, but seeing as my eyes are not glowing all the time (checked it), but always with Pacts up, I still believe it's a VK thing. :P

I can confirm, that the purple glowing eyes effect is tied (but apparently not exclusively) to the Expert dungeon epic weapon set (for mages this is called The Infinity Magus)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - there's a Cleric "self-buff" called spiritual scrutiny - the mages have a cool buff too - your hands burn with fire with one of their buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Yeah - there's a Cleric "self-buff" called spiritual scrutiny - the mages have a cool buff too - your hands burn with fire with one of their buffs.
    It's one of the mage fire armors (pyromancer's aegis I think)

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    This is the only one that I know of.

In some cases it is due to self-buffs; Inquisitor clerics gain golden glowing eyes from the Spiritual Scrutiny buff, for example. You can also gain different colored ones with item sets...for example if you hold any two of the following six items, you gain purple glowing eyes.
    Empyreal Hero's Cleaver
    Empyreal Hero's Dagger
    Lightning Forged Steel
    Empowered Lightning Forged Steel
    Necroscalpel
    Empowered Necroscalpel

15+ Year Old Account
    as a rogue tank, i have like permanent purple glow in my eyes, i think it has something to do with the spec i have.