Deleted

Disco or holy priest for Tortos 10 HC

Hi guys,right now we are progressing Tortoc Hc on 10m in our guild,and our priest dont know one thing,is disc priest better or holy priest is better? Second healer is holy paladin,ty for advice

Deleted
    I would go Disco, lots of spirit shell is amazing for that fight as people don't gather that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is better. Atonement doesn't work on the fight and holy mastery better fits the fight mechanics

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I used to hate Disc for this fight, until I started using Binding Heal glyph (and knowing when to use it).

Both do great

Holy is great at getting everyone to max shields

Disc is great in saving ppl's shields at rockfalls and ofc saving the bat tank(if you don't kite)

Atonement DO have a purpose in this fight and that's WHEN ppl's shields are breaking and they need to be topped up

Spirit shell helps a lot in the end when shits get real

Did it as Disc+Hpala myself and used a lot of PW:S over SS due to Turtles not liking me hard casting

Holy shines most here. Have him get Halo here. That's really the bread and butter for this fight since Halo will not only heal everyone spread out but also damages the adds. Just make sure he fades right before Halo'ing to prevent bat agro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Holy is better. Atonement doesn't work on the fight and holy mastery better fits the fight mechanics
    Disc bubbles are absorbed BEFORE the shell. A disc priest can keep your shell from ever dropping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atonement blows if you want to stand around and turret during rockfall. Holy will top back up much faster. And the absorbs are fine, but in progression there's going to be a lot of unnecessary damage and the ability to keep constant healing going as well as powerful input trumps disc. He asked which he should be, and I recommend holy because it better in most ways

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy is better here. Did 155k hps as my best there as holy. But both specs works. Holy is just for epeen and lotta HPS.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

I go disc for every fight except Tortos, its really fun as holy. Just cast halo and you will win

Quote Originally Posted by Lifebind View Post
    I go disc for every fight except Tortos, its really fun as holy. Just cast halo and you will win
    You don't go Holy for Iron Qon?????? ?????

Holy is definitely the way to go. Can't really overheal with mastery. I'd suggest unglyphing lightwell so it doesn't just spam heal the lowest person (even when his shield is fully charged)

holy with halo - i found it a bit easier when we were progressing there (also it was one of first weeks so our gear was kinda poor comparing to now).
    now i go disc and just spam out happily.

perhaps you want some 3-healers tries, just to have more in-fight time for healers to get used to healing there.
    important thing is to make sure that you see shell and full shell on your raid frames

The fight is a lot less gimmicky if you just 3 heal it and play Disc. I can literally just cast PoH/Halo the entire fight and faceroll.

I'm pretty sure the only time we ever 2 healed it is when we had a Monk kiting the bats, our prot paladin just kills them now. As long as your DPS are competent enough to understand how important turtle kicking is, you shouldn't have a problem.

If you're trying to tank bats and 2 heal you're pretty much wasting your time, you're not going to have enough throughput unless your raid comp is crazy stacked.
    Last edited by Lothrik; 2013-07-10 at 10:49 AM.

We two heal the fight, disc + resto shaman. No problems. If you go disc just make sure you don't rely too much on atonement. Tortos hm will counter the "smart" effect of it. I just use it to help damage and apply the shield on myself and other than that I am pretty much using my actual healing spells (glyphed binding heal, poh, pom). Stomps will do SS>PW:S spam>SS rotation. Using halo at the start and before bats, dealing dmg to them and grabbing the aggro, after getting aggro I mostly kite them to the bat tank and fade. I'm also swapping some gear for more regen than output.

We found the turtleball actually harder than dealing with the incoming damage.
    Last edited by Vilbu; 2013-07-10 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda surprised about all the 3 heal posts, honestly the fight could probably be 1 healed... Honestly, both specs are really good for H Tortos. Disc can help insure the shields don't get broken, while Holy can quickly fill up the shields. It's all about what you want/need. With a H Pally, you should probably go Holy and fill the most bursty raid heal role, but both are 100% viable and work, just play what you personally feel you are better at.

Quote Originally Posted by h3lladvocate View Post
    I'm kinda surprised about all the 3 heal posts, honestly the fight could probably be 1 healed... Honestly, both specs are really good for H Tortos. Disc can help insure the shields don't get broken, while Holy can quickly fill up the shields. It's all about what you want/need. With a H Pally, you should probably go Holy and fill the most bursty raid heal role, but both are 100% viable and work, just play what you personally feel you are better at.
    Resto druids have one healed this fight. Mistweavers are godly on this fight and probably have too (haven't checked logs to verify). The healing requirements really vary by strat. If you have a bat kiter, then yes, healing is a joke. If you are tanking and killing bats...not nearly as much. For progression my group ended up 3 healing. I was disc and I was kicking turtles, so I wasn't really full time healing. If you are 2 healing, I would definitely go holy. Holy mastery is really strong here to boost crystal shells. Getting spirit shell stacked with whirl turtles, especially later in the fight, is a pain. My group always seems to be too far apart and PoH isn't very effective to do so much of the time. To each their own. I would say try both and go with what feels best for you and your group.

Deleted
    Me and a monk effectively 2 heal the whole thing in 25man except for a 3rd person who heals the add-kiting tank. A well geared holy priest shoudl be able to solo heal 10hc, for progress you should two heal it, as the more DPS you have the easier the fight gets.

I also did this with our alt group on 10hc as disc and I find it sucks hard. The extra absorbs serve no purpose whatsoever. keeping the shell topped up all the time puts everyone effective health well above one shot range and the shell can be topped up by just healing. The extra PWS on top/aegis/spirit shell on top serves no purpose.

As holy everything is just too easy. You just burst hard after every every stomp and fill up the shell in a matter of seconds, then you can pace yourself in between. Halo really works well, but cascade also works really well if you time it perfectly.

10+ Year Old Account
    am I the only one that's always kinda "annoyed" by the term Disco?
    Disco - Donna Summer, Balls with glass squares, lights, dancing.. all that jazz..

OT: I root for Disc Priest.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."