Poll: Mass Summoning, Yay or Nay?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As was said earlier I loved it because it was a way for people to ask for help and not have that help go far out of their way to do so!
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Deleted
    Hated the guild perk, it made players lazy and to be honest why should the same people always be the ones having to get to the required instance to do the summons because those who want it back are the same ones who used to sit around waiting for someone else to get there and use the ability.

If anything they should of just fixed up the Warlock summoning stones like they did with the soulwells or just add a new spell but in either case it could be:

Soulwell - Warlock can summon on their own now instead of needing an extra player to click to summon the well.

Summoning Stone - If made by the Warlock on their own then it operates as normal where by you can only make individual summon portals but multiple portals can be created to speed up the summoning process.

But if *and this is where you could either modify the current ability/spell or just add another*:

Summoning Stone of Mass Summoning - Warlock plus 2 other players required to click to create, also requires 3 players to create a summoning portal - this stone may be used to mass summon groups of 5 random players in your group/raid as long as they are further then 50 or 100yrds from your current position.

Would mean people wouldn't be running off starting trash while you're waiting for the rest to zone in and would also mean that you would still require the aid of other players to summon while the individual stone could be used in the current way it performs now.

Just an idea because I honestly don't see many who use the summon stones located outside the instances unless it's a fair size group doing older content with some staying in the capital to use trade to recruit more people as it's not often you find a group missing a Warlock nowadays.

Or hell why not just modify the Warlock Gateway so it works like a DK's gate but have it accessible by the group/raid so that you could set it up inside a raid instance and have the other end appear at a fixed location like that Warlocks personal faction capital i.e

Blood Elves - Silvermoon.
    Humans - Stormwind.
    Orcs - Orgrimmar.
    Night Elves - Teldrassil.

etc etc...

Personally I like this idea better and yes I know this would effectively screw the ability over for those who use it in pvp but this is just a personal opinion and myself I don't pvp but it's just an idea.

Deleted
    No, but we shouldn't have to do individual summons at the stone/warlock door. No point going down a list to see who is missing (even more annoying in 25 I guess) - just make it so 1 summon = everyone gets it.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont think we need it honestly. Do you remember how many people never knew how to get to dragon soul for example? lol. I think we need to just get out and do things for ourselves.

With the amount of portals you can get and the current flight speed been faster than friggin fireballs ( for pallies and Dks anyway ) there is no real need for mass summoning

Deleted
    Please add it back, im not your personal summoner slave because you cba to log in 5 min earlier zzzzzz

I miss it and feel it shouldn't have been removed in the first place.

When you're gathering a raid together, you can already summon everyone there, the only requirement is 2 people instead of 1. The convenience of the mass summoning was great though as you could pull your entire raid in all at once, you could get summoned by friends on lowbie alts if they needed help doing something, you could summon your friends out to specific places for various reasons. It was just very convenient and good to have. It was also nice because anyone could do it, you didn't have to wait on the warlock to show up to do it then bother them for closets all the time, you could just do it yourself.

The cooldown on it was such that it didn't negate all travel time and it didn't really impact your day to day affairs, it didn't benefit you to use solo, it was purely a group-based benefit which fit perfectly with being a perk for being in a guild. You can already summon your entire raid through a meeting stone, it just takes longer. I mean why not just remove mass resurrection since you can already resurrect everyone in your raid individually as well? Same thing. Wasn't needed, but it was certainly very very nice and really no good reason to remove it.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darmalus View Post
    This. I noticed I tended be become much less helpful when a summon, 5 minutes of helping and hearthing back turned into 5 minutes helping and a 20-30 minute round trip (Hearth-> portal -> fly -> help -> wait -> hearth again -> fly back to what I was doing)
    For sure... Spending more time travelling than playing discourage people to join their peers.

I really never have liked mass summoning. I personally think that if it HAD to be in, I would say use it at the stone, or as a warlock skill. Otherwise keep it out.

Deleted
    Restore it as guild perk but make it cost 1 Sha Crystal per summoned player, or at least 1 Ethereal Shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Restore it as guild perk but make it cost 1 Sha Crystal per summoned player, or at least 1 Ethereal Shard.
    Should never have been removed. Should have instead been changed to only works on guild members.

Mass Summoning is a great example of a feature that Blizzard needs to IGNORE requests from the playerbase for.

We've all seen first hand, despite everyone admitting how convenient it was - how the game is better off without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved it, especially for help from ther guildies far away. saved both our time. but both Nay and Yay. Miss it.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account
    Nay when we have it.

Yay for it when it gets taken away and we miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't miss it too much really. I think it was a little too good, convenience is nice to an extent.

Deleted
    They should never of got rid of it tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    Mass Summoning is a great example of a feature that Blizzard needs to IGNORE requests from the playerbase for.

We've all seen first hand, despite everyone admitting how convenient it was - how the game is better off without it.
    How is the game better off without it? You should try playing a Lock, getting spammed with "SUMMON STONE PLZ LOCK" is getting tiresome.

10+ Year Old Account
    completely silly how everybody swore this guild perk ruined world pvp. they removed the perk and looky.. world pvp still doesnt exist. imagine that. if anything Mass Summons helped the tiny amount of pvp. being able to bring friends/guildies right to the spot of trouble was very helpful. as people are impatient, waiting for help to show up from across the world usually means somebody gets away.

it was also very helpful when guildies had alts or something and they needed help, i could get there quicker and help them beat a quest monster.. or show them where something is at much easier. it was simply wasted time to have to slowly fly and take 12 different portals which adds nothing to my game experience at all. having the summons helped me join up with friends and guildies so much faster that i could get into the "immersion" of quests and stuff much quicker.

does it have to be in the form of a guild perk? no, but it sure was nice not being a warlock and being able to summon everybody. would be nice to have that back again. if we cant have that, then i spose meeting stone mass summons would be ok. having to summon people one at a time for raids is just wasting so much time. and for what? so world pvp can happen? news flash: it still doesnt happen, we just summon inside the instance. i dont see any reason why we shouldnt still have this spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Deleted
    Yay, in any form really, bring mack mass summon!!!

Deleted
    when they removed it i missed it for 1 month and after that i didnt care since traveling is easy enough anyway.

but occasionally it sucks since your forced too wait for someone slower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miseration View Post
    I dont think we need it honestly. Do you remember how many people never knew how to get to dragon soul for example? lol. I think we need to just get out and do things for ourselves.
    to be fair.. DS was in a weird place anyways. caverns of time, with tons of other portals stacked ontop of each other. not to mention that CoT was not some place people went to for other daily activities. Pandaria is so much better laid out, and instance portals make much more sense in the zones they are in. as well as people have other reasons to be out near these instance portals, making them more familiar with the area.

having mass summons would not change the fact that people have more reasons to be out in these zones then they had during the entirety of Cata. this alone helps make people more familiar with where instance portals are located (save for a few directionally challenged people).
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.