Poll: Mass Summoning, Yay or Nay?

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mass Summoning, Yay or Nay?

Everyday we see many different opinions on Mass Summoning, being that so, what is yours? How would you like to see it reintroduced in the game, if at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    yay

it was silly when we first got it but now that it's gone I miss it and can see so many uses for it. With obvious restrictions of course so you don't get rogues skipping things in dungeons/raids or you see an enemy run into a small building and then all of a sudden a 40 man raid comes out
    Last edited by palladish; 2013-07-08 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand why they removed it, but I miss it. There are a number of applications where it was useful that were outside of the circumstances they were attempting to avoid by removing it. For example, it was really nice to be able to summon friends when asking them to help you out with some group task (say, Ring of Blood on an alt) to balance out their loss of time, but now you are really putting them out to not only ask for help but for them to hoof it all the way there.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think they never should've introduced it. Its one of those things that is just -too good-. Ofcourse I wouldnt really care that much if it still was in the game, but I think an MMORPG should have atleast -some- sort of traveling, specially for situations in which you are getting together with other players be it out in the world or in instances. So im ok with it beeing gone. I guess it has to do with the fact that ive never an issue with just going to where I need to, is not like Flying all over the world is complicated, it just feels more natural.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-07-08 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I understand why they removed it, but I miss it. There are a number of applications where it was useful that were outside of the circumstances they were attempting to avoid by removing it. For example, it was really nice to be able to summon friends when asking them to help you out with some group task (say, Ring of Blood on an alt) to balance out their loss of time, but now you are really putting them out to not only ask for help but for them to hoof it all the way there.
    This. I noticed I tended be become much less helpful when a summon, 5 minutes of helping and hearthing back turned into 5 minutes helping and a 20-30 minute round trip (Hearth-> portal -> fly -> help -> wait -> hearth again -> fly back to what I was doing)

I understood why it had to be removed but I really do miss it - more than I thought it would it was useful for helping out guildies and friends and when putting together old content runs, I'd love to see an option to mass summon from a stone at minimum.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Mass summoning had it's place. In cata raids were all over the place. It made sense because of travel time. Now that things are condensed again we don't need it as much as we did then, and now the cons out weigh the pros. So I don't think we should have it.

Deleted
    The guild perk was a bit OTT, I used it to summon people from one side of Org to the other.

I would love to see mass summons from summoning stones though.

Pandaria is pretty small, doesn't seem that useful for a 90 with 310% flying.

I completely forgot that guild ability even existed!
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Mass summon through summoning stones sounds great. Gives the latter more use and not just from raids or challenge modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    The guild perk was a bit OTT, I used it to summon people from one side of Org to the other.

I would love to see mass summons from summoning stones though.
    Huh. Great thought. How often are you in a party/raid and you want to summon only a portion of the group? How does that add any epic feel to target each person individually?

I think you're on to something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, Mass Summoning from meeting stone, that is the best choice/idea I've ever seen. Would love this. Screw the rest, we don't need it as a perk and would be too powerful for a warlock (even though they would need a 2 more to start it, but still)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The only place I miss it is world PVP. Was awesome to just be able to join a PVP group in progress, have them toss a summon and be there. Kinda like a LFG queue for world PVP.

They already removed it. Why would anyone think it will ever be back.

I'd never give it to warlocks thats for sure. They bring enough utility and QoL as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

The problem with the argument of "Pandaria's small enough that we don't need it" is that it completely leaves out the whole of the rest of the game.

I run old raids frequently, and whatever I can't solo I group up for. Ulduar, ICC, FL, DS, and others. These raids are all over the various other continents, and once a group gets together, everyone has to fly over to them. Even though shortcuts for many exist (port to Dalaran from the shrine, then take the port from there to the CoT), a lot of people aren't aware of their existence. My last DS run I had multiple people fly FROM ORG because they didn't know of the Dalaran port, or because they either hadn't quested in Uldum or forgot about that portal too.

While you can just manually summon using a stone or warlock portal (if you happen to have one), it's tedious and wastes time that would be better spent playing the game itself. Moreover, when Blizzard used the excuse of "with Have Group, Will Travel in the game, only one player had to fly out to the raid and could summon everyone but we want more people to fly over the world rather than just shortcut it," I couldn't help but laugh. Now, instead of one player taking the initiative, you need two. The remaining eight/twenty-three players can all sit in the shrines until they're summoned. GREAT JOB GETTING US OUT IN THE WORLD, BLIZZ.

Have Group, Will Travel was an incredible convenience. Any player in a high-level guild could essentially be their own one-man warlock. I made use of it constantly, and it helped speed up all manner of things along the way. I loved being able to teleport right to the front gates of Ulduar with my wormhole generator and being able to summon everyone before anyone else even got close to the raid. Can't do that anymore.

I think it should be reintroduced as a guild perk, because only giving it to warlocks would probably cause guilds to always have a warlock slotted in, just for that convenience. Through summoning stones would be decent, but would also limit you to only teleporting players to summoning stones. A decent compromise for the "get out in the world" argument, but I'd rather just be able to summon people wherever I go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I'd never give it to warlocks thats for sure. They bring enough utility and QoL as it is.
    Warlocks probably wouldn't want it. All the ones I know already are perpetually irritated that they are tasked with solving the issue of lazyass-player-who-didn't-bother-to-hoof-it-to-the-raid-on-their-own-and-instead-is-demanding-a-summon.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    It was me that always had to summon because other people were lazy so pass. Other people can put in the same effort to get there.
    Aye mate

15+ Year Old Account
    "Mass Summoning from Meeting Stones", great idea, i want it
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s