Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

New Talent- Rushing Streams + CH change

Source- http://www.wowhead.com/news=216425/5...dated-july-8th

Shaman: Chain Heal's effectiveness will no longer decrease with each jump, and there's a new talent: Rushing Streams. This new talent replaces Healing Tide Totem, increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 100%, and causes the totem to heal 2 targets at once.

CH now possibly worth the long cast and crap range (10m)?

As for the new talent, I'm still not sure how Conductivity will pan out, so I'm holding off on calling what the best choice for that tier will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg!!!!!! :d

This is like a 400% buff to HST. A talent that is normally top 3 in my healing done. If this went live, I would 9/10 always take it.
    Last edited by Irisel; 2013-07-09 at 01:39 AM.

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

Id say for healing talents the best one will change depending on the encounter. Lots of grouping up? Conductivity! Spread out? Rushing streams! Big incoming random burst? Ancestral guidance!

But I do like the idea of the new talent, granted testing may change my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for resto, but i guess enha and ele will still prefer AG.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

I'd say RS over the other two any day, AG I've never even touched, and Conductivity....well, just seems to me like there's a lot of spreading out with the new bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    It's OK, I am sure RL will be happy that now I have 2 healing CDs (Tide and SG) and they can be used pretty much close together (AG > Tide > AG up again)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanda View Post
    This is mainly a resto thread, could care less 'bout our dps specs :P

The new talent will prbly be nerfed from 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    This is mainly a resto thread, could care less 'bout our dps specs :P
    And? The problem still remain, they make talents useful for one spec and useless for the rest, this is the same as EB being useless for resto to put an example, But I guess everyone is fine with one sided options.

Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    The new talent will prbly be nerfed from 100%
    Unless the actual intent of the talent is that it heals 2 targets for 100% of the current HST healing (i.e twice as much as the current HST across 2 targets). HST is around 10% of our output, so that would make the talent +10% output, which is about what we can get from AG, and would make a lot of sense.

Is it really that great of a talent though? We MIGHT have to give up HTT and AG/Conductivity for this.
    Last edited by Chasz; 2013-07-09 at 04:15 AM.

Oh they better be nerfing that T15 2set as well, HST is a big chunk of my healing.

EDIT if they are worried resto shamans using CH too much why would you buff it.
    Last edited by Aviators; 2013-07-09 at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasz View Post
    Is it really that great of a talent though? We're going to have to give up HTT and AG/Conductivity for this.
    HTT is baseline.

I'm thinking that i'm gonna take this talent. I can't see conductivity being used and AG would probably get used on fights with huge damage spikes. Probably be the best for pvp now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasz View Post
    Is it really that great of a talent though? We're going to have to give up HTT and AG/Conductivity for this.
    Not sure if troll, but you're getting HTT baseline.

There is some confusion on the wording of this talent over in the 5.4 PTR Shaman Thread on a few parts of the new talent:

Quote Originally Posted by Patch Notes
    New Talent: Rushing Streams. This new talent replaces Healing Tide Totem, increases healing done by Healing Stream Totem by 100%, and causes the totem to heal 2 targets at once.
    1. Whether the talent actually replaces Healing Tide Totem - ala Earthgrab Totem - or just fills the blank left by Healing Tide becoming baseline.

2. Whether it actually heals each target for the full 200% (a gigantic 300% increase to HST, which makes up an already significant amount of our healing) or if it just lets HST heal that 2nd target for its normal value (essentially "increasing healing done by 100%" a 100% buff to HST).

Quote Originally Posted by Xiviarar View Post
    Not sure if troll, but you're getting HTT baseline.
    Not trolling. As mentioned above, the wording isn't clear. Is this talent replacing HTT on the talent tree or is it replacing HTT entirely? (as in HTT transforming into another skill)

This needs to be confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by angeleg View Post
    And? The problem still remain, they make talents useful for one spec and useless for the rest, this is the same as EB being useless for resto to put an example, But I guess everyone is fine with one sided options.
    Because I don't really care about the other two specs, and this thread is from the Resto viewpoint

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Oh they better be nerfing that T15 2set as well, HST is a big chunk of my healing.

EDIT if they are worried resto shamans using CH too much why would you buff it.
    Prolly because it's an awful spell to use in 10m, it's been garbage to use since Wrath in 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewstout View Post
    There is some confusion on the wording of this talent over in the 5.4 PTR Shaman Thread on a few parts of the new talent:

1. Whether the talent actually replaces Healing Tide Totem - ala Earthgrab Totem - or just fills the blank left by Healing Tide becoming baseline.

2. Whether it actually heals each target for the full 200% (a gigantic 300% increase to HST, which makes up an already significant amount of our healing) or if it just lets HST heal that 2nd target for its normal value (essentially "increasing healing done by 100%" a 100% buff to HST).
    We get HTT baseline, that's old news. And I don't see why they'd make it heal the second target for the original amount instead of the 200%, but I'm sure there's plenty of tweaking to be done.

@Chasz Not sure if you're trolling or just never read the Shaman related news, it's been known for at least a week that HTT is becoming baseline for all specs. Along with it healing 12 members in 25M.

Still, to me it still looks like it's going to be pretty much a mandatory talent for resto. not sure how numbers stack up and what not, but at this stage, I can't see reason not to take it. After all effectively dropping HST on CD now, so why not have it doing twice the healing to twice as many targets.

Zues, you're not getting the point. Read what Brewstout said.

When they mentioned "replaces Healing Tide Totem", does it mean that the new talent works like how Earthgrab transforms Earthbind? Will talented HST replace the now-baseline HTT?

Or is it simply referring to just a replacement on the talent tree?