... LastLast

Huge Hunter changes incoming

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...unter-pve-pt2/

-Removing readiness
    -Buffing stampede huge in PvE to be a significant dps cooldown
    -Buffing all shots/cooldowns to compensate for readiness
    -Buffing signature shots per spec to have a better rotation
    -changes coming to crows/blink

Jumping to conclusions but yes there are probably some mild changes incoming.

Huge would be finally giving each of the specs enough of their own distinct flavor that they don't all feel the same (aka what they did with Warlocks). While I definitely think this absolutely needs to happen, I'll settle for these changes for the next tier if it means we get to be more than an Agility gear soak in progression and not have to wait 2 months in to get a AotH band aid hotfix.

i rather them make readiness only reset things like detterence,heal,feign death, traps/scatter silence. (non damage things)

and buff us all around in damage.

"Regarding Stampede: We’re happy with the damage it’s currently putting out in PvP. For PvE, we’re planning to buff its damage pretty heavily, so it becomes a substantially more potent DPS cooldown. We don’t want to give it any more utility than it has now, for reasons we’ve explained at length already.

Readiness is still under heavy discussion, and we haven’t made a final decision on what we’re going to do with it in 5.4. At the moment, we’re leaning towards just removing the ability entirely and giving the affected abilities shorter cooldowns or charges to compensate. If we end up taking that route, we will buff Hunter damage (most likely across the board, not just specific abilities), but as I mentioned, we’re still discussing.

Murder of Crows vs Blink strike is also still under heavy discussion. Our goal (with all talents) is that active abilities used properly will outperform passive ones. We haven’t decided yet what adjustments we’ll make to achieve that in 5.4.

Scatter/Silencing Shot: We don’t consider interrupts to be mandatory in PvE. If a Hunter would rather not take the Glyph of Scattered Thoughts, there are plenty of other players in the raid who could take on the responsibility. We like Silencing Shot as a Marksman perk overall, but we’re still discussing things. We may end up making a baseline Interrupting Shot that gets upgraded to Silencing Shot if you spec Marksman."

Does not say they are for sure removing readiness, potentially buffing stampede significantly, not HUGE. It does slightly more dps than dire beast, so a significant buff to it could put it close to what it used to be.

Potentially buffing across the board to compensate IF they remove readiness.

Not buffing signature shots, reducing arcane to make them feel stronger.

They have been mentioning changes to blink strikes and murder of crows since they released the newest form of blink strikes.

Please do not go out of hand with buffs like this, and get the community hyped up, and then cause a huge backlash when these changes you mentioned never come to see the day light. Lore was feeding the people who were begging for something, and gave them what they had at the moment. There are still months before 5.4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Jumping to conclusions but yes there are probably some mild changes incoming.

Huge would be finally giving each of the specs enough of their own distinct flavor that they don't all feel the same (aka what they did with Warlocks). While I definitely think this absolutely needs to happen, I'll settle for these changes for the next tier if it means we get to be more than an Agility gear soak in progression and not have to wait 2 months in to get a AotH band aid hotfix.
    I think we will get a big rework like locks did next expansion, what they did with lock specs is fantastic in making the, different, hope they do this with hunters/ rogues next.
    dragonmaw - EU

please someone point out blink strikes fixing all the hunter pets pathing issues. what it needs is a CD that will pop everytime they do damage to a player that way in pve is fine and in pvp is with a cd.

no CD blinkstrikes for BM was all it need it. now with a CD it sucks everytime we gota switch targets, not to mention that sometimes the pet like STOP moving everytime you switch targets and hit kill command.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    i rather them make readiness only reset things like detterence,heal,feign death, traps/scatter silence. (non damage things)

and buff us all around in damage.
    rather them adding charges to the abilities they want to be affected with readiness, bam you remove that way 1 useless keybind and dont do doublé charges to things OP like doublé trap doublé scatter shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    For as much complaining as I do about changes. I'm going to be glad to see readiness just go away if that's what happens.

This is good news. I was waiting for this.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    please someone point out blink strikes fixing all the hunter pets pathing issues. what it needs is a CD that will pop everytime they do damage to a player that way in pve is fine and in pvp is with a cd.

no CD blinkstrikes for BM was all it need it. now with a CD it sucks everytime we gota switch targets, not to mention that sometimes the pet like STOP moving everytime you switch targets and hit kill command.
    That first two weeks before the CD on BS made BM fun in PVE for the first time.

Removing readiness = more consistent based DPS and less burst and fall out

These are all good changes in my opinion. Looking forward to it, especially readiness being removed completely and just getting a sheer damage increase instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    I think we will get a big rework like locks did next expansion, what they did with lock specs is fantastic in making the, different, hope they do this with hunters/ rogues next.
    Yeah, we're going to have mana and we'll have to carry ammo around.

But for serious, didn't we JUST have a huge rework? I guess cats did come out like, what, 3 years ago?

We'll have to wait for specifics, but it's really encouraging to hear about rotation changes.

I never liked readiness, I always thought it was ridiculous our rotation and CD management was so centered around a single CD. Made no sense how we're the only class with such a crutch/mechanic.

I knew a lot of ppl were attached to it though so NEVER mentioned flat out removing it. I'm glad blizzard's doing the right thing here. It needed to go. It got out of hand, having to figure out whether every hunter ability with a CD was affected by one ability or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    Yeah, we're going to have mana and we'll have to carry ammo around.

But for serious, didn't we JUST have a huge rework? I guess cats did come out like, what, 3 years ago?
    we didnt got a big rework. we didnt even got what they promised. wich was weapon damage scalling on all shots. KC not being main shot of BM due to pet pathing issues, MM not being dependant on doublé casting steady shots.

Counter Shot is now a baseline interrupt ability learned by all Hunters at level 22.
    On the new PTR notes. Yay!

I'm going to miss back to back chimera shots or disengages in PvP. Kind of severly reduces the Hunter's skillcap there and doesn't sound like they are going to fix our clusterfuck of abilities in our PvE rotation.

Patch isn't looking terribly good, guess i'll laugh that much harder whenever i see someone saying that PvP ruins PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    I'm going to miss back to back chimera shots or disengages in PvP. Kind of severly reduces the Hunter's skillcap there and doesn't sound like they are going to fix our clusterfuck of abilities in our PvE rotation.

Patch isn't looking terribly good, guess i'll laugh that much harder whenever i see someone saying that PvP ruins PvE.
    so you are saying that you think you have skills because you blow readiness to doublé disengage? thats it? isnt better to have chimera shot doing way more damage and not needing to hit it back to back with pitiful damage?

removing readiness reduces your opener in half, is a huge help, after the opener as BM even with direbeast crows hunters keybinds are fine, unless you want more a frost dk playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gungrave View Post
    Resetting Deterrence/heal causes PvP problems. I'd rather hunters couldn't reset those things and in exchange get a bit more raid utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    Oh yes buff Hunter damage more, its not like that they are dominating PvP...
    Losing Readiness will be a pretty big survivability nerf to PvP hunters and a minor dmg nerf.
    Last edited by Abysal; 2013-07-09 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    so you are saying that you think you have skills because you blow readiness to doublé disengage? thats it? isnt better to have chimera shot doing way more damage and not needing to hit it back to back with pitiful damage?

removing readiness reduces your opener in half, is a huge help, after the opener as BM even with direbeast crows hunters keybinds are fine, unless you want more a frost dk playstyle.
    Totally unrelated, but why are you using "é's for "e"?

There's been some times where I've used readiness for something and incidentally was able to use double disengage. I don't think he was talking about just doing double disengage.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart