Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Stitches walking the path in Duskwood. WTF?!
    I second this. Freaked me out the first time I saw him. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Puralis View Post
    Entering Stormwind for the first time and seeing the Valley of Heroes while the opening choir parts of the Stormwind theme played.
    Same for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the first time I went into Undercity after knowing what happened in Lorderon throughout WC3. Place blew my mind, felt like a damn maze for my noobie ass. Other time would probably be when I reached Easter plagueland and saw Naxx floating around, pretty cool too. Though I never really got into raiding until TBC.

Deleted
    First flightpath, from azure to bloodmyst isle. I could see players doing their quests below, that shit was mindblowing to me at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloaded the WoW free trial business 4 years ago, made a nelf hunter, saw a level 50 ride by on a mount...got super discouraged and realized it was probably going to take me forever to get that high...made it to the noob trap/spider cave, died to freakin spiders, quit at level 3 and didn't come back for months.
    Look! Words!

This goes way back into vanilla. I made my first character, an UD priest. It's my main today. Anyways. I was leveling in the starting zone, death knell. A feral druid was stealthed walking around. I was standing still, and all of the sudden i see this cat with yellow glowing eyes appear out of the shadows.. this scared me! Then he pops into human form, and then goes into bear and is dancing.. I was in such awe. It was the coolest thing ever. He even had the full marshal set =P I was instantly hooked.

It's sad that such a "simple" thing did it for me... but upon seeing all those little oases in the barrens and then completing the wailing caverns dungeon.. the whole concept of it all, a cavern full of cultists with snake/raptor minions, it was SOOOOOOO cool to me at the time. No idea why. Was so simple. But the other true REAL WOW!!! moment was when I first really stepped into Zangarmarsh. I know that zone get's a lot of hate for just milking the whole sci-fi alien planet theme, but it was so well done, just beautiful. Probably the most screenshot worthy zone in the game.

I have several WOW!! moments:

1- When I first saw Ironforge
    2- When the Azuremyst Isle quests finish, and I got out from the hut of the Npc whom I handed in my last quest (I wasnt aware tho), all Npcs around Azure Watch cheered my name, and stuff!! I was like wwoooow!!
    3-The three dungeons I first entered Blackfathom Deeps, Zul'Farrak and Temple of Atal'Hakkar.
    4-First time I crossed The Dark Portal. Man, Hellfire Peninsula's entrance, the Burning Legion, the War going on... Simply amazing.
    5- Nagrand!!! I do not know why when I first entered this zone, I felt in love!
    6-My first raid; Karazhan!! Awesome. Especially the theater event blow my mind!
    7-The music played when I was on the ship to the Northrend, Borean Tundra! I felt so excited!
    8-Argent Tournament Grounds!! Best dailies ever! Along with Isle of Quel'Danas dailies.
    9-Gunship Battle in ICC!
    10-And last, my first For the Alliance! achievement. The raid to Orgrimmar was unforgettable!

**I had no WOWW! moments at the Cata and the MoP. With the new x pac - hopefully return of the Burning Legion and/or Outland - many moments will be added to the list!
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

"Holy shit I can shoot SKULLS from my METAL HANDS??"

-Me as a level 1 undead warlock.

Deleted
    Not sure if such a "wow!" moment, but Duskwood was the most memorable place for me as a paladin. Fighting Stitches in Darkshire and those elite undeads at the big graveyard and finally getting Morgan Ladimore's sword - Archeus, I felt like a hero back then.

Had my first WOW moment before I even started playing, was watching a buddy playing wow, running around in SW, when he suddenly got stomped to death by a world boss someone had kited to SW
    I've no idea what to write here.

When I first logged in to Night Elf starting area. And then Darnassus a week later. Good times.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Original Ragnaros coming out of the lava in Molten Core the very first time I reached him.

And me being a tank and having to tilt my camera all the way up to even see him
    and then hearing that bass voice, seeing him dispose of Executus with a flick of his hammer and thinking:
    "Ok, we're fucked"

Thunderbluff. Walking up to it after like 8 hours of playing back in 2.0.

Finding out the sheer scope of Warcraft

So basically I was this level 4 Tauren Warrior (back when WoW came out in 04) in Camp Narajo thinking that was the main game hub, only to realize that the camp was one of many sub areas in a very small part of Mulgore (which is freaking huge), which is part of a group of regions with other groups on a contient called Kamildor, of which there were two of. Then BC came out, and that added another level of magnitude: an epic adventure of galactic proportions. So many characters, so many complicated, intertwined stories...

Tempest keep in tbc, Tanking kael, adds down, weapons down, boss transitioned, the whole place was collapsing with his energy or w/e it is. he becomes huge and the vocals are just amazing. I still get chills down my spine !

I started playing late wrath & once i got my hunter to level 80 and some gear. My friend took me to Ulduar. The moment i zoned in I was like wow. This is amazing. Unfortunately no raid after that have been able to do that for me in terms of raid environment/atmosphere. It was just glorious.

Walking into Outlands for the very first time and looking up at the sky!
    Killing the lich king for the first time.

10+ Year Old Account
    First WOW moment was Stormwind's gates + the music for me, but the second was when I stopped to listen to one of the original tavern songs:

Just listening to this while hearing the ambient sounds of glasses clinking, shuffling feet, etc...was pure bliss to my ears.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

First "Wow!" moment was when I got to the login screen for the first time. Seriously, most of you must agree ! Otherwise, I have a few really good memories from the first few months.

- I logged in at launch (EU) and it was amazing how many people there were. 100 humans fighting Kobolds in Northshire. Amazing gaming moment for me.
    - When I got to Loch Modan on my first character, had some friends playing aswell. Two higher lvls hordes (they had to struggle against lvl 35 guards, so I guess they were lvl 30-33~) came along and fought us. We where like 15 lvl 10-13s against them and after 2 hours of getting owned we got them down when 2 lvl 25s came along to help! First PvP encounter, and I played WoW for the PvP! Amazing.
    - Molten Core. Need I say more? First thing you see when you get into the raid.. Two freakin Giants.. Actually, on my first raid in my guilds first raid, one of them dropped an epic aswell!