Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Lol that replay for legendary Transmogrification, and they are ok with death knight's using corrupted ashbringer's an item that what less them .5% of player have.
    I need to find a DK with the AQ mount scrab lord title on and using a weapon moged as CB. I know there is one somewhere.
    Pretty sure it's impossible for a DK to have corrupted ashbringer since it was a Vanilla weap and dk's weren't active until two expansions later.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune.
    And so, WoW Asia delves into the p2w model.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Honor mounts please... SOMETHING to spend honor on. Oh and 15 or whatever Conquest for loosing BG PLZ. Cause you know, when you've been at 4k honor for months and you loose 5 BG in a row, it feels like you're being scammed.

TL;DR : I quit if haste pally is hurt bad, I know noone cares, but I enjoy this game alot, but don't enjoy being replaced because my class/build took nerf bat to face and i couldnt replace gear in time to be valid. Prot pallys now feel unique to me, only class Im truly good at, if they know longer feel fun to me then I'll no longer wanna play.

I've never played Prot paladin and enjoyed as much as I have since I have started to tank again during 5.2/5.3 I feel that us stacking haste, doing a decent amount of healing, and more depending on your gear, the amount of haste you get up to ect. The amount of damage you can do dependent on this, the unique feel to it, the low down time that makes it feel for fluent and full and not boring at all. I remember tanking during ICC, and how the only reason I did not reroll, Is at the time it was the only class and spec I really knew how to play, what I was truly good at and still am. Back then I didn't really enjoy it thou, but now I do. But if I end up not enjoying the one thing I am really great at in WoW, Prot paladin tanking the Im quitting. This happened to me with mages at the start of MoP, leveled one to 90, went fire, spent 80,000 gold gearing it out to raid with my guild, fire gets nerfed for that patch because it then required insane amounts of gear I'd never obtain and I did not enjoy other mage specs.

So I'll be quite honest if these changes to paladins glyph of battle healer and grand crusader, greatly impact the haste build for paladins I'll once again be leaving the came, if I can not get the gear appropriate in time for next patch. When fire mages were still greatly valid in 5.1 I leveled a mage to 90, and spent 80k gearing it out to raid with my guild just for it to get nerfed to the point it was no longer valid for the gear of that patch because fire is the only mage spec I enjoy I quit the game. why would they damage something that almost every single paladin builds into? If this reaally harms the build, there is going to be alot of people being replaced from their raid teams ect.

Now they are possibly doing the same? so if this really hurts haste build, and i can't get regeared in time for 5.4 I quit. I really hate quitting this game, I enjoy raiding, enjoy hanging with guild member ect, hell I even now enjoy actually doing daily quest and farming for rep some what. But what I don't enjoy, is getting the nerf bat and no longer being valid, so noone no longer takes me to raids cause Im taking a ton of damage/dont do enough damage/ect ect.
    Last edited by Burnick; 2013-07-09 at 08:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauni View Post
    Blaxter, this is the first step of a full pay to win scheme.
    You don't want that.
    You must be unfamiliar with other MMOs with an ingame shop. As long as they're only selling cosmetic / quality of life stuff there aren't any issues at all. Look at the Blizzard Store we have right now, it only sells mounts and pets. Until you can buy full heroic / elite gear it isn't pay to win, period.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buying lesser charms? I have HUNDREDS of coins and I will never spend them all at only 50 a week. I can't think of a bigger waste. These things are like candy. You get them for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I ran the blue post through Gizoogle so you can laugh while you rage at the clearly imminent P2W buy HC-Thunderforge items (no).

Thanks fo' all tha feedback so far, everyone. We’re still pretty early up in tha exploration process yo, but our phat asses did wanna go tha fuck into mo' detail bout our rationale fo' introducin a in-game store, as well as provide some insight tha fuck into what tha fuck you might ultimately peep available there.

For playas whoz ass is already horny bout tha in-game shit we offer, like fuckin Pet Store pets n' mounts, tha benefitz of a in-game store is pretty clear. Shiiit, dis aint no joke. We be thinkin mah playas would appreciate tha convenience of bein able ta make such purchases without havin ta leave tha game, n' ultimately that’s our long-term goal fo' tha system, though there’s like a lil' bit of work involved up in retrofittin dem existin shit tha fuck into tha freshly smoked up system.

First, we’ll be testin tha in-game store wit some freshly smoked up kindz of shit we’re lookin tha fuck into introducin (in Asian regions, all up in tha outset) based on playa feedback: specifically, a experience buff ta assist wit tha levelin process, as well as a alternate way ta acquire Lesser Charmz of Dope Fortune. We’ve had a shitload of requests from playas up in different regions fo' convenience-oriented shit like fuckin these, n' as wit other freshly smoked up scams we’ve introduced as WoW has evolved --- "includin Pet Store pets, mounts, n' more---"your feedback skits a hugely blingin part up in determinin what tha fuck we add ta tha game.

Ultimately it’s still too early up in tha process ta make any final determinations bout our plans yo, but up in tha meantime, our crazy asses hope you’ll check up tha in-game store once it’s implemented on tha PTR n' let our asses know what tha fuck you think.

oh the money I would pay for XP potions, lesser charms and certain transmog items. And those complaining that this is P2W have clearly never played a P2W game, lesser charms and xp boosts have literally 0 effect at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Or you could just.. do them. I have a feeling they may even be being added to 'encourage' that.
    If only it was that simple, there might be some circumstances that doesn't allow people to do them. For example, I'm profoundly deaf and nobody want to invite me to RBG as I can't use the vent. And I want that wolf mount so bad!

Well, we did play some pay to win games. We don't want Wow to become one of them. Lesser charms might just be the beginning, that's why I seems so alarmed.

We don't want pay to win, lesser charms of good fortune MIGHT seems like a good idea, I'm more afraid of what will come next.

Remember Swtor, this is what true failure is :
    Sprint
    Crew Skills
    Game Login
    Bank / Cargo Hold
    Credit Cap
    Chat
    Mail
    Secure Trading
    Galactic Trade Network
    Respecialization
    Character Creation
    Operations
    Warzones
    Flashpoints
    Space Missions
    Inventory
    Quick Travel
    Emergency Fleet Pass
    Mounts
    Revive
    Item Equipping
    Commendations Cap
    Guilds
    Vendors
    Experience Rate
    Experience Rate: Rest XP
    Valor Rate
    GUI: Quickbars
    Items: Event Rewards
    Items: Mod Removal
    Items: Augment Slots
    Customer Service Support

Wow is FAR from this, VERY far.
    But if people actually show blizzard that they are willing to pay TWICE for their game, what will stop them ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Pay2Win MMO with a $15/month subscription.

Good job, corporate greed.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha. A 100% XP boost equals pay to win? Jesus, you're thick.

Windwalker changes look promising.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we did play some pay to win games. We don't want Wow to become one of them. Lesser charms might just be the beginning, that's why I seems so alarmed.

We don't want pay to win, lesser charms of good fortune MIGHT seems like a good idea, I'm more afraid of what will come next.

Remember Swtor, this is what true failure is :
    Sprint
    Crew Skills
    Game Login
    Bank / Cargo Hold
    Credit Cap
    Chat
    Mail
    Secure Trading
    Galactic Trade Network
    Respecialization
    Character Creation
    Operations
    Warzones
    Flashpoints
    Space Missions
    Inventory
    Quick Travel
    Emergency Fleet Pass
    Mounts
    Revive
    Item Equipping
    Commendations Cap
    Guilds
    Vendors
    Experience Rate
    Experience Rate: Rest XP
    Valor Rate
    GUI: Quickbars
    Items: Event Rewards
    Items: Mod Removal
    Items: Augment Slots
    Customer Service Support

Wow is FAR from this, VERY far.
    But if people actually show blizzard that they are willing to pay TWICE for their game, what will stop them ?
    I bought the game. I should have all that crap by default minus access to instances/pvp thankyou very much.

As for paying twice for the game.... How many of us have bought a bat, or a winged lion, or a sparkle horse? They're not much cheaper than an expansion...
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Well hey, BoE Guardian Cub pets were a sign of Blizzard eventually selling gold, and Celestial Steed was a sign of P2W as well, somehow.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchouka View Post
    Windwalker changes look promising.
    Do they? It seems a flat out nerf to me.
    Currently, on live, we don't have any burst.
    But when RoRO procs, we get a chance to line up with the other damagedealers... Even do more damage than them...
    But no, let's change the mastery once again... Let's give monks even less chances to do a meaningful damage at any given time...
    No words.

if buying levels was something that could make you quit then you would have already done so by now given the RaF option

i don't want meaningful gear or achievements to be for sale, but everything else that people buy already from 3rd parties is fine with me. so if blizzard gives someone the option to buy an xp boost maybe they take that instead of risking their info with a website leveling service. blizzard profits and prevents a customer service issue when people get scammed.

the only items i might could accept being in the store would be toys, heirlooms, and transmogrification pieces. any more serious items would probably be crossing the line for my taste.
    Last edited by Blur4stuff; 2013-07-09 at 09:00 AM.

I am so glad I am letting my subscription expire when my 6 months runs out. This whole LETS CHARGE YOU FOR EVERYTHING mentality and give 2 sh*ts about the community attitude is just unbelievable. As I have said many times now, if they really cared about the community they would have done something about dying realms 3 years ago, not the solutions they are presenting today and the tweet a few days ago about ToT not being cross realm raid-able devaluing guilds and realms... Really? Wake up Blizzard, realms with very low populations don't have thriving communities or guilds.

As much as this is painful to say, Bobby Kottick owns Blizzard Entertainment, that is technicolor clear today.

I think the insult here that people are missing is that you have a subscription to a game, then an in game store that makes you more efficient at it. It's always been one or the other, not both.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Ultimately it’s still too early in the process to make any final determinations about our plans, but in the meantime, we hope you’ll check out the in-game store once it’s implemented on the PTR and let us know what you think.
    Implement this piece of shit in NA/EU and this will be the reaction you will get from your subscribers:

--SNIP-- No memes

I'm fine with this for Asia, since they don't pay subs like we do and I'm also fine with the Framework for a shop that works via the ingame browser to provide the convenience of not having to log onto a website, as long as that shop isn't placed like "IN your face!11".
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-09 at 05:24 PM.

My big issue with this "in-game shop" is that with them allowing you to purchase the lesser charms is that IMO Blizz is no longer tip toeing on the line between "cosmetic" purchasable items, like pets and mounts and buying items. With the inclusion of lesser charms, again IMO, they are now taking a step over that line and testing what the reaction is. To people who say that they still aren't selling gear I have to disagree with you. Anyone who doe's any kind of raiding be it LFR, Normal, or Heroic, we know that lesser charms = gear. It maybe an rng chance at gear but undeniably lesser charms = gear period. They previously stated they would not sell gear, and yet here they are trying to sneak it in by disguising with the lesser charms, and that is totally unacceptable.