Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It would probably help you if you did some effort informing yourself about the subject at hand.

He did. Apparently, you did not. Seeing as you are spewing misinformation.

10+ Year Old Account
    No to in-game shop. I don't want micro-transaction in a pay to play game.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the inclusion of lesser charms, again IMO, they are now taking a step over that line and testing what the reaction is.
    Yep. They are testing how far we will let them go.
    If we make enough noise now we can still cancel their plans, just like we did when we fought in the Real-ID war.
    Sadly I'm incapable of posting on their official forums due to a perm ban a few years ago.

Even tho it seems Exp potions will be asia only.
    Some people do seem to forget that if they are in fact implemented that they will make FoS server first leveling to X when expansions hit even sketchier. So in essence it might be considered pay to win for this instance.
    personally I dont care about server first leveling but there are some people out there that are quite competitive about it.

Ftp

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    No to in-game shop. I don't want micro-transaction in a pay to play game.
    Blizz is getting ready to turn wow FTP fully by adding a in game store and with this 1st is the xp thing next is new mounts every patch then buying gold from them. some what like rift and swtor did. all mmos have to go ftp and well wow about fully play out because they cant keep patches rolling out when ppl would like and by like it go from every month to ever 2 weeks.

P.S. my info may not be right but thats they way it seem to me

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malackai View Post
    Some people do seem to forget that if they are in fact implemented that they will make FoS server first leveling to X when expansions hit even sketchier. So in essence it might be considered pay to win for this instance.
    I think I can say, with great confidence, that they'll either be disabled or unusable after level 90 when the next expansion releases to avoid interfering with Realm First levelling.

So with charms it starts.. Remember this moment people, it's a turning point

Interesting....

Buy the box + buy expansions + pay sub and now ingame store. And we thought F2P games were bad....

Blizzard is doing the same and STILL expecting players to pay for login into the game.

And we thought WOW was loosing subs fast.... There will be alot of players that will quit and never look back if Blizzard is just adding alternative ways to make money rather than actually doing something that benefits the constumer.

The good thing about F2P games is that you are not forced to pay for login in. Instead those games use ingame stores to pay the bill. Blizzard is NOT doing that.... they are still milking the consumer and then adding the same microtransactions on top of that.

But here is the deal.... If players are asking for something.... Why not implement it without forcing ppl to pay extra for it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So the warmounts will only be obtainable from 3v3 or rbgs only? Well thats crap. I like the posts

Wilhelm- I hope you dont get them from rbgs

Stockton- they are for a wider pvp audience

Andrews- how do we get them?

Holinka- Rbgs AND arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    Interesting....

Buy the box + buy expansions + pay sub and now ingame store. And we thought F2P games were bad....

Blizzard is doing the same and STILL expecting players to pay for login into the game.

And we thought WOW was loosing subs fast.... There will be alot of players that will quit and never look back if Blizzard is just adding alternative ways to make money rather than actually doing something that benefits the constumer.

The good thing about F2P games is that you are not forced to pay for login in. Instead those games use ingame stores to pay the bill. Blizzard is NOT doing that.... they are still milking the consumer and then adding the same microtransactions on top of that.

But here is the deal.... If players are asking for something.... Why not implement it without forcing ppl to pay extra for it ?
    No one is 'forcing' you to buy anything. Anyone that quits because they have an in-game store that sells some pets and mounts and things like xp pots and such and not things like gear and transmog and such are just people who cry over everything they think effects them. If you've gotten elder charms the way you have been, then obviously it's not hard to do, yet you're going to feel like you're 'forced' to pay for something you don't have to? Typical for people to look at things like this as the sky is falling.

Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    There's less money in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    SOFTWARE VERSIONS SOMETIMES SKIP NUMBERS. THANK YOU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobomino View Post
    If only it was that simple, there might be some circumstances that doesn't allow people to do them. For example, I'm profoundly deaf and nobody want to invite me to RBG as I can't use the vent. And I want that wolf mount so bad!
    You know, you don't have to actually tell them that you're deaf? And, there are plenty of random trade groups who just go for 1 win to get cap every week, do this, but slightly more often and gz, you got your damn mount, not that hard.

"First, we’ll be testing the in-game store with some new kinds of items we’re looking into introducing (in Asian regions, at the outset) based on player feedback: specifically, an experience buff to assist with the leveling process, as well as an alternate way to acquire Lesser Charms of Good Fortune."

And thats the point where I'll draw the line. Thank you, but I'm done. P2W in a game with monthly fee is something I cannot accept no matter how small the bonus is. Eat this up and soon you'll be buying your raid gear from the store.
    Now if you'll excuse me I'll go and read posts from few years back where I was told Blizzard would never do this. Bloody well told you so.

WTF, payments for experience benefits? wow, just wow.....

Deleted
    How about allowing players to buy 60 days game card for 15k gold from in-game store?

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    No one is 'forcing' you to buy anything. Anyone that quits because they have an in-game store that sells some pets and mounts and things like xp pots and such and not things like gear and transmog and such are just people who cry over everything they think effects them. If you've gotten elder charms the way you have been, then obviously it's not hard to do, yet you're going to feel like you're 'forced' to pay for something you don't have to? Typical for people to look at things like this as the sky is falling.
    Anyone that quits because WOW has adopted BOTH Sub and Micro transaction will do it based on the fact that you can now play games that dont force you to buy sub before login in. And THATS why those games have micro transaction. Player that sees both in WOW should question the game development and the integrity to develop a game based on either model.

Its true that no person is forced to buy stuff in store.... but they are forced to buy sub to log on. The difference is that most the games out there have OPTION of one or the other. Not both. So unless Blizzard is willing to put the game up for F2P and dont force ppl to pay before login in... the consumer is loosing out compared to any other game that is on the market now. And believe it or not... the consumer is in most case not very stupid... Unless its fanboys that havn't realised what is happening in the MMO world around them.

It sounds like they WILL be pushing charms into the store.. Those are ENDGAME ITEMS and are a way to require the best items in game. Even tho they are RNG .. its a clear cut Pay to Win. Specially considering they will probably ramp up the difficulty and boredom getting it RATHER than just making the experience fun and enjoyable.

PAY TO WIN WILL BE A FACT IN WOW IF THAT HAPPENS.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-09 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Noone is forcing you to pay anything in F2P games either, but at least those game are subscription-free. WOW wont go F2P as Blizzards greedy owners want to have the cake and eat it too. Blizzard wants subscriptions and on top of that - a micro transaction in-game shop to milk the blue eyed fanboy cashcows even more. The wow community is stupid enough to let them have it both ways. Trust me, with this, we havent seen the end of greediness from Blizzard yet.

Wow. They managed to nerf Holy Paladins even more. Good job Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excellent article about why F2P is mean and bad.

Deleted
    Is it only me that think the Vicious Skeletal Warhorse actually looks more like a goat with those horns? The fact that the tail isn't really a tail but rather a chain doesn't help really.

The Vicious Warsaber on the other hand looks rather good... but most cats does so why not this one? But that tail..... it looks like a gnome engineered tail have been put there due to the lack of a REAL tail.