Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't think I have that much more than like 900 points or something. 80s, of course.

Seems one would have to be rather interested in mini games to get a lot of those points.
    The one salvaging achievement is repeatable, so if you salvage a whole lot, you'll get there. Plus crafting, exploration, dungeons, et cetera.

Also this first tier was for 100 points, the rest don't get gathering tools, but rather bonuses to other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The one salvaging achievement is repeatable, so if you salvage a whole lot, you'll get there. Plus crafting, exploration, dungeons, et cetera.

Also this first tier was for 100 points, the rest don't get gathering tools, but rather bonuses to other things.
    Don't really care about rewards. I just found it odd that "500" points would be so easily achieved considering I have so relatively few. I don't need any assistance w/r/t achievement points or explanations.

On topic: So I go to this bazaar and it seems to be rather pointless. The whole area [which is gorgeous] just seems like a obstacle course thing with no real point.

Not sure what the goal of this thing is yet.

The goal for jumping around is a essentially a tutorial on how to use those abilities for the "Mario Kart" race.

I'm not sure I understand these achievement chests. I have 6k+ points, but it'll only give me the 500 point chest?

The achievement chests roll out once per day if you have a backlog of them. Sort of like the WvWvW rank chests, you won't get all of the ones you're owed at once. Today you should get the 100 point one, tomorrow the 500 point, next day the 1000 point chest, and so on.

Fencers: The goal? That's sort of like asking what the goal of a playground is. =p

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    The achievement chests roll out once per day if you have a backlog of them.
    Oh, okay. Thanks. That also answers why people were talking about daily achievement chests too.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Sad day for mesmers.... again
    Yeah, that Chaos Armor nerf sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Don't really care about rewards. I just found it odd that "500" points would be so easily achieved considering I have so relatively few. I don't need any assistance w/r/t achievement points or explanations.
    My friend who has played a total of maybe 4 weeks since release (in spurts) has 859. You get achievements for all sorts of things in the game, was my point, you're just... not doing anything, I guess? It has little to do with minigames.

On topic: So I go to this bazaar and it seems to be rather pointless. The whole area [which is gorgeous] just seems like a obstacle course thing with no real point.

Not sure what the goal of this thing is yet.
    There's events, monsters, vendors, hidden objects, just like the game is built on? The goal is to find stuff, kill stuff and buy cream to prevent baldness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm not sure I understand these achievement chests. I have 6k+ points, but it'll only give me the 500 point chest?
    It actually gave you the 100 point one, tomorrow (well, maybe later today when resets?) you'll get 500, then 1000 a day later (which lets you pick a weapon skin) and so on until you're caught up.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, it occured to me that the 3 abilities really could have been used for townclothes, letting folks switch freely between combat and exploring without losing the buffs in the process.

Let me know when they put in a dungeon finder and I'll give it another go.

Yea, this seems like fairly "light" content so far. Not too interesting.

well I thought it was a pretty good update anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    What are your thoughts about the sprint event?

I think the game has got its small flaws, like when hitting a fake powerup your character will end up looking backwards and if you press 2 to recover the space you've lost you'll go back instead of foward but it's hella' fun, managed to get the 1st place achiev on a flawless run on my 3rd try, i'm a perfectionist in all this kinds of minigames so I spent the first 2 tries looking at the map and learning mechanics in order to get every move correctly, there are even some shortcuts that the game doesnt "tell you" or aren't all obvious.

Some little tips I got to learn on my way to the top :P!
    -On the last turn for the finishing line you'll notice all the powerups aligned, the one at the most right (the one near the wall) is a jumping powerup, get it and use it to get to the top and then use your 2nd spell for the movement speed boost, this way you won't have to do al the turning in the hill and just go forward with your blazing speed without any need to break, it'll save you precious seconds.

-As soon as you get the aspect master powerup try abusing it on straight roads and semi-straight roads by spamming 2, the 2nd spell won't cost you energy and it's pretty spammable.

-There's a place after the shifting walls were some bamboo sticks are linked to a platform, you can use the fake powerup spell on the bamboo sticks to make players fall off since they can't avoid them.

-On the same bamboo sticks place you can use the 3rd spell (the lightning jump) to avoid the bamboos and get to the platform and from that point you can use the same spell to get to the road (or press 1 and quickly 2 since you can use your speed boost while in the air!)

Don't know if it's random or related, but I opened my achievement chest while in the race and got a bunch of PvP bonuses, so... watch where you open things...

Depends on what you mean by a bunch. I opened my 500 chest in LA and got at least a glory booster, a blueprint, and some PvP rewards chest (no idea what that is so didn't open it). So, at least 3 PvP related things, I'd have to double check if there was more than that.

the 500 achieve chest has those pvp items for everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    and some PvP rewards chest (no idea what that is so didn't open it).
    I got some exotic pvp gear pieces and a couple of blueprints that I'm guessing are for WvW.

I must admit that Zephyr Sanctum is my favourite jumping puzzle in the game so far. Getting those crystals have been fun. The abilities really add a lot to the experience.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-07-10 at 05:38 AM.

Achievement rewards overall are not bad. Laurels and gold I'll take any day! And I like the look of the new zone so I'm satisfied with the update for now. Plus the Zenith weapons look awesome! As do the new armours, sadly for me they don't match the set I'm wearing

10+ Year Old Account
    just finished the 40 sky crystals with no guide the last one took me a while to get tho :P!

Still have to do the beer battles, it requires some progression to get each of the encounters, for example you can't battle norn without having defeated the charr and you cant defeat the charr without defeating the sylvarii and you can't defeat the sylvarii without having defeated the asuran first (this is all because of the spells you learn from each one of the guys you defeat) :P!

This is my favorite map in the game now! I have had so much fun, I am sad it wont be permanent.

Does anyone know how to play belchers bluff with other characters?

Deleted
    I love this update. Awesome music, pretty map and its all a big JP. Had fun the whole day ^^
    The mario kart mini game is really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    This is my favorite map in the game now! I have had so much fun, I am sad it wont be permanent.

Does anyone know how to play belchers bluff with other characters?
    There is a beer symbol on the map. go there and buy some juice from the hylek seller (not the belcher bluff champion)