Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    I'm growing tired of people fantasizing about new abilities or new passives each patch, only to make elaborate posts with an in-depth explanation of how these abilities look like, how they interact, et cetera. You just have to realize that we are not getting those kind of changes at the end of an expansion, before the final raiding tier. It almost pisses me off that every discussion on patch balance turns into a "Hey guys, look what I came up with this time! *insert 4 paragraphs of ridiculous suggestions that will obviously never see the light of day*".
    What do you want people to do? This is a fan forum...the point is to discuss and share ideas. Do I expect them to implement any of my changes in 5.4? No, I'm not delusional nor stupid. Am I aware that Blizzard read these forums on occasion? Sure am. Do I like talking about personal reasons for classes changes? Sure do.

That's the point of these forums, if you don't like it, then may I suggest sticking to guild forums and the official forums?
    BfA Beta Time

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    The amount of 5.4 Mage changes is too damn high.

I think the problem with many of the changes that people "fantasize" about, would be SOOO overpowered, that they could never become reality. Here is a great new ability...it's really complex, but it makes us SuperAwesomeSauce. Those kinda of abilities don't make it because they are too complex, and they want the game to be "less complex on the surface, but when played extremely well...powerful".

Golf is a really easy game to learn, to play on the PGA tour...almost impossible. WoW is an easy game to learn, to play well for Method/Paragon/Blood Legion etc...almost impossible. For Blizzard, they have to balance the game around several "levels" of players and content areas. Leveling/5 Player/10N/10H/25N/25H. If you make a lass so good that they are the best in EVERY area, because of a few abilities...you make every other class unhappy. Everyone that doesn't play to 100% all the time, might feel like "we suck, we need buffs, look how awesome X class is". People need to make sure that the classes and players that they are referencing, aren't just outplaying them. People hate WorldofLogs and RaidBots, but thats RAW data...data doesn't lie.

Do mages need a buff...I don't think so. Do we need a nerf? Depends. Would I love to see some things change..maybe. I was a bug fan of the old Impact/Combustion for AoE, but I doubt that will ever return.
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

Quote Originally Posted by kif View Post
    I was a bug fan of the old Impact/Combustion for AoE, but I doubt that will ever return.
    Could you imagine old combustion spread on Tortos bats using the current combustion spell? yesplz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting on the damage pass for mages. I know when it happens, theres gonna be a lot of changes. Mages are currently the only class not getting big changes. I think this xpac we're gonna see a revamp of sorts. And this patch is just gonna be another band-aid patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Frost1129 View Post
    Could you imagine old combustion spread on Tortos bats using the current combustion spell? yesplz.
    I still have no idea why they put this thing out of the game. It required luck and setup time (therefore wasn't really op) and provided one of the best feelings in the game.

I can...and right now I shouldn't get up from my desk. I just remember on Yor'Sajh...when all the adds would spawn, pop potions, Heroism, Fireball, Pyro, Blastwave, Combustion....Impact to 10+ mobs, watching my screen EXPLODE. As it is on Tortos, without the best gear, I see Combustion spreads on the first wave of whirl turtles that gets me right to the top almost instantly. Unfortunately...I am on turtle punting duty, so I really only get one good burst.
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    Note: Scorch will apply a 5% damage buff to the mage increasing damage done by fireball fireblast and pyroblast and pyroblast! stacking up to 3 times. Lasts 15 sec
    This is to stop mindnumbing fireball spam.
    Overall, your plan would be to make us spam Fireball more...

Scorching once every 15s (to keep up a debuff) would be nothing more than it used to be with Imp Scorch (a slight irritant).

So your plan is to:
    - Bomb
    - Scorch x3 and once every 15s
    - Fireball spam

Then when HS hits (and lasts for 30s which makes absolutely no sense because Combustion morphs Fireball into Pyroblast), we hit one Scorch and then spam Pyroblast instead of Fireball... So again, spamming one spell.

This seems almost as boring as Arcane x.x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuspt View Post
    The amount of 5.4 Mage changes is too damn high.
    I agree. They should scrap half of them.

The majority of that being new glyphs and tooltip changes. Keep the Temporal Shield change though; I'm really happy about that one.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post

Scorching once every 15s (to keep up a debuff) would be nothing more than it used to be with Imp Scorch (a slight irritant).

So your plan is to:
    - Bomb
    - Fireball spam

Then when HS hits (and lasts for 30s which makes absolutely no sense because Combustion morphs Fireball into Pyroblast), we hit one Scorch and then spam Pyroblast instead of Fireball... So again, spamming one spell.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree. They should scrap half of them.

The majority of that being new glyphs and tooltip changes. Keep the Temporal Shield change though; I'm really happy about that one.

I could see myself using temporal shield a LOT more in 5.4. If not always.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I could see myself using temporal shield a LOT more in 5.4. If not always.
    TS was already my favorite; this just makes it 100% better, even against the weak-yet-a lot-attacks such as Quills and persistent DoT Auras.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

So your plan is to:
    - Bomb
    - Fireball spam

- - - Updated - - -

Minus the bomb / HS, this is basically how we played back in TBC, lol. Scorch to max stacks -> 1x scorch 8x FB rotation. With fireblast worked in occasionally.

Minus the bomb / HS, this is basically how we played back in TBC, lol. Scorch to max stacks -> 1x scorch 8x FB rotation. With fireblast worked in occasionally.
    Blech. I made Pew in 2.4.3, so I got to skip the dark ages of Mage PvE.

Yeah, that would be atrocious. Remember Blizzard hates "rotations", they prefer priorities and reactive play. Do you remember BEING the Scorch mule in TBC, if you were in a multi-mage raid?
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

Yeah, that would be atrocious. Remember Blizzard hates "rotations", they prefer priorities and reactive play. Do you remember BEING the Scorch mule in TBC, if you were in a multi-mage raid?
    You forgot Lich King as well, and yes, this was my job.

Once they made it 1 stack in late LK though, it wasn't nearly as bad

Yes. I was the scorch bitch. Our other mages refused to incorporate scorch into their rotation, so it was either I got the initial stacks up by myself and kept them up or they dropped off. It was a point of constant frustration with them. I fought with them so much over it. It was ridiculous.

Deleted
    This meta is never going to be mine. No secrets this week until Dark Animus so far. It's my 9th week, and I have 7 secrets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    What do you want people to do? This is a fan forum...the point is to discuss and share ideas. Do I expect them to implement any of my changes in 5.4? No, I'm not delusional nor stupid. Am I aware that Blizzard read these forums on occasion? Sure am. Do I like talking about personal reasons for classes changes? Sure do.

That's the point of these forums, if you don't like it, then may I suggest sticking to guild forums and the official forums?
    You may suggest whatever you like, and I will share my ideas just like you share yours. Or do you want censor me?

This meta is never going to be mine. No secrets this week until Dark Animus so far. It's my 9th week, and I have 7 secrets.
    I feel so bad for everyone... I was Realm First (on my old realm) and I think I got the cloak on my 5th week of 5.3... >.>

Was also like Realm 15th or so for the Meta, but I had it before 5.3.

(Note: I've always gotten every legendary before the next patch this expansion, so I was always up to date)

- - - Updated - - -

You may suggest whatever you like, and I will share my ideas just like you share yours. Or do you want censor me?
    You're all for having your own opinions, but telling us you're getting sick of others posting what they came up in their own time is less productive than bitching about said ideas that were thought up of.

This is just a Mage Lounge and I can come here and chill and talk right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    This is just a Mage Lounge and I can come here and chill and talk right?
    For the most part, yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot Lich King as well, and yes, this was my job.

Once they made it 1 stack in late LK though, it wasn't nearly as bad
    It was never 1 stack for us, that was for Warlocks. We had a way of making one cast grant three charges, so you still had to do it twice. Besides...just let the Warlock do it, theirs came from their main nuke and they lost NO DPS doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Blech. I made Pew in 2.4.3, so I got to skip the dark ages of Mage PvE.
    Mage PvE didn't see much real improvement till the tail end of Ulduar, so I guess you joined when it was darkest before the dawn.

- - - Updated - - -

As a moderator...that's like...my job? To moderate something is to censor it in nature. That's like getting upset at a teacher for not letting you spit on other students.
    BfA Beta Time

Been reading mmo for a long time, just today made an account. No idea where to post this but I am a Mage (Kenbud on KJ) sooooo... How/when do I get a signature and linking privileges?