Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I know it's been said a million times but....

"Tell them only that the Lich King died.....and that World of Warcraft died with him."
    I actually really support this, and for what I think are the right reasons.. there is nothing "Wrong" with wow.. well besides LFR. But. I think warcraft is tired. You have a starcraft universe, a diablo universe.. or even something new.. It's time for a new MMO
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Dungeons. Scenarios are NOT the same, and are NOT nearly as fun. I don't care if you don't have the new dungeons have catch-up quality gear, but you NEED new Dungeons. Almost everything a scenario does a dungeon does better.
    Personally I think scenarios should be leveling content rather than endgame content; for the simple reason that the lack of role requirements makes it ideal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Nothing really, this expansion has seen the most content out of all of them. The non-raid content such as Isle of Giants, Warbringers, Brawler's Guild,battlefield barrens and soon the Timeless Isle has been nothing short of greatness. While Wotlk was fun and Cata wasn't near as bad as people like to say, MoP has brought some great things to do outside of raiding that is thoroughly enjoyable. I guess out of everything I miss having nice catch-up mechanics to get my alts decently geared and raid more on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Feindy View Post
    10m and 25m split lockouts
    25mans
    bid bad villain
    balanced pvp
    healers being mortal
    reputation gear for gold
    jps being useful
    hc dungeons for cathcing up
    group quests
    epic gems
    armor penetration stat
    cool new sets
    more than 1 viable rogue spec (both pve and pvp)
    precata energy regen system(always loved crit on my combat rogue)
    premop talents(no, mop talents arent better, you always take the best talent, or you will lose some dps)
    and i hate reforge too(whats the point, 99% people use external programs and smash few buttons, no fun about it)
    I hate everything you like. Hows that make you feel?

And balanced PVP, healers mortal... because that was the case ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    My friends since they all quit in cata. Heyo
    LOL. Here here! Seriously I lost a lot of good players in Cata, but I think most just had other things that their life called them to do.

Other than that I miss not having to grid 50thousand reps to gear alts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    I actually really support this, and for what I think are the right reasons.. there is nothing "Wrong" with wow.. well besides LFR. But. I think warcraft is tired. You have a starcraft universe, a diablo universe.. or even something new.. It's time for a new MMO
    I would love to see a Starcraft game in the style of WoW.

I guess you could take the portal to pandaria but usually your first time going to pandaria is on the airship if youre doing the very beginning questline

But I see your point, since we only take the airship once and then just portal hop.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Dungeons. Scenarios are NOT the same, and are NOT nearly as fun. I don't care if you don't have the new dungeons have catch-up quality gear, but you NEED new Dungeons. Almost everything a scenario does a dungeon does better.
    MoP has plenty of dungeons. Though I wish more were available while leveling.

Every time they've introduced new dungeons mid-expansion it's screwed up the system. Either they sit in the same queue like the ICC dungeons and you could randomly get put in Nexus or HOR (tuned to radically different ilvls) or they sit in separate queues and you wind up running 2-3 dungeons forever and never seeing the large suite of launch dungeons (ZA/ZG, to a lesser extent HoTs).

I'm actually glad they didn't release any new dungeons. Not that I ever do dungeons anymore, considering scenarios are much faster for VP and there's LFR and weekly quests if I need more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilie View Post
    I miss WoW... Honestly it doesn't even feel like the same game to me anymore. If I knew what was coming back in BC or Wrath. I would have chose sitting around in Shatt or Dalaran any day. That's not nostalgia talking either.
    If they get back to WoW - aka the burning legion comes back - I might even resub. As it is I'm glad I checked out at the end of Wrath.

Engaging five man content, in other words heroics that are actually heroic. WotLK heroics make MoP heroics look like bud light. As a healer that doesnt really participate much in normal mode raiding much anymore this expansion is boring.

I miss Nagas. I liked the quest zone in Cata and was really looking forward to the raid in Cata and it instead got gutted went right to shitty DS. I guess it saved me from the large chance of the Naga raid being bad as well.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-12 at 07:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlisonPrime View Post
    I honestly feel like Blizzard Peaked in terms of everything with BC and Wrath.

Storyline, Questing, Quest flow, Zone feel, Raiding, PVP, everything felt great during Wrath and for the most part BC but Cataclysm was just horrendous.

Mists feels better, but Garrosh with his intentions just feels like they pulled the villian card out of their ass and decided to get enough subs back they would let the horde and the alliance do what they've wanted since Wrath : Kick the little upstart orcs ass into the ground and shove their 2 handed broadsword up his pooper.

Honestly, if it wasnt for the fact I get to kill Garrosh this expansion, i'd have waited til the next expac XD

I'm not saying Peaking as in they will never release good stuff again, I admit, Mists is ALOT of fun, however, I feel like BC and Wrath was Blizzards Final Fantasy 7 and Xenogears....you can keep releasing sequels Square-Enix, but you will never be able to top yourselves in terms of quality and epic story as those games.
    OMG - Marry me! O.o

Anyways, I totally agree with this person. I see a couple of other things that people have written and I agree the whole thing about an Arena in the open world is missed. As a way to gain a little xp-boost and a good wpn while lvl'ing instead of getting a shitty wpn in a scenario at max level...

I recall them saying they would have much more raids. Surely, they have delivered, but I'm talking about onyxia-type of raid-dungeons, and Wintergrasp kinda thingy. Not saying that you need to control a place to get in, but a raid-dungeon that will gradually open every patch and contains little to no trash with a couple of bosses. I don't see any problems making some mogu-bosses like that.

Anyways, the thing I miss the most might be rep-tabards. Or at least alternative ways to get reputation than questing. So, you just quested the living out of yourself and reached 90? Well, here's lots of dailies to do if you want to get good gear, enchants, recipies, etc etc.

Demons. [Enslave Demon] is useless!

5 man content that was actually worthwhile for individual character progression.

Valor Points being cappable in a few hours on one toon.

Justice Points having a use.

Deleted
    I miss 3 things:

1) Arena - I know there's scenario but its really NOT the same thing...I doesn't feel the same and when you finish it you don't get that sweet amount of EXP you got for the previous arenas
    Remeber dinging 84 lvl and being like 'OMG now I can finally do the arena and I just know I'll get at least 1/4 of lvl for that!'... it was really good

2) 5-mans - miss it the most for sure. I don't really like scenarios tbh. They are great for storytelling, but I really love 5 man dungeons. Loved it when you could get some nice gear from it too (like in Hour of Twilight when you could prepare for DS LFR)

3) Might sound silly but I really miss those random chests that spawn somewhere behind a rock or tree I know now we have plenty of rares that drop all this great BoP/BoE gear, but the chest just feels like a lucky moment during our adventure!

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    I recall them saying they would have much more raids. Surely, they have delivered, but I'm talking about onyxia-type of raid-dungeons, and Wintergrasp kinda thingy. Not saying that you need to control a place to get in, but a raid-dungeon that will gradually open every patch and contains little to no trash with a couple of bosses. I don't see any problems making some mogu-bosses like that.
    About that - they changed VoA-like raids into World Bosses like Sha/Nalak (they even drop the same gear - both pvp and pve). And I must admit I like it this way better, especially since the change where you can simply join the group during fight and still get the kill even if you're not in a raid with them
    Last edited by mmocf60bbd89ed; 2013-07-12 at 10:24 AM.

We have plenty of out door bosses which is good.

But I miss the old outdoor bosses that they removed. Bring them back so I can bloody solo them :/

What else? Well I guess we should have had zeps/boats to go to and from pandaria _AFTER_ the intiial quest. While a portal is rather easy at least from an immersion POV it would be nice to have the boats etc.

Deleted
    Nothing from Wrath and Cata as both were god awful.

TBC - Old AV

Quote Originally Posted by d0oms View Post
    Nothing from Wrath and Cata as both were god awful.

TBC - Old AV
    OLD AV heh that was kinda cool doing the back and forth but not sure it would work now (would have to give rewards to scale with how long you were in there?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    Rep tabards.
    Neutral continent wide city aka Shatt.
    MoP way too easy.
    Indeed, Ra-den was a big disappointment.

Attunements and TBC PvP.
    Last edited by mmoc83a3a26870; 2013-07-12 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    MoP has plenty of dungeons. [snip]
    Not that I ever do dungeons anymore, considering scenarios are much faster for VP and there's LFR and weekly quests if I need more.
    The latter might be why you feel the former.
    Have you ever counted how many 5 man instances actually got into each expansion? I can assure you - less and less, and least in MoP.
    When you dont play them I can imagine you dont miss them. But for me, the 5 man in Vanilla and BC were the reason (long runs, tactic discussions) my guild became strong. Whereas the *lack* of 5 man, both in low number of instances and in current lack of need to talk/spend time together, slowly unhinges the game and my guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    MoP has plenty of dungeons. Though I wish more were available while leveling.

Every time they've introduced new dungeons mid-expansion it's screwed up the system. Either they sit in the same queue like the ICC dungeons and you could randomly get put in Nexus or HOR (tuned to radically different ilvls) or they sit in separate queues and you wind up running 2-3 dungeons forever and never seeing the large suite of launch dungeons (ZA/ZG, to a lesser extent HoTs).

I'm actually glad they didn't release any new dungeons. Not that I ever do dungeons anymore, considering scenarios are much faster for VP and there's LFR and weekly quests if I need more.
    If only they could release new dungeons tuned to roughly the same ilvl, or use their new systems to balance out the ilvl tuning difference instead of going "Well it's not perfect now... fuck it"
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.