Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Classes suited for soloing content/speed farming

What classes are suited towards being able to solo raid content at a high level while still being able to clear 5 mans with great speed? I want an alt for this and am not really sure of what each class can do in mop as I havent played past 85 yet.

Dk's will always be #1 solo class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death knights and hunters are arguably the best two classes for soloing.
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."

10+ Year Old Account
    How are they suited for mass pulling dungeons? Like pallies and warriors have block to mitigate a ton of damage, do DKs or even hunters have anything comparable?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    How are they suited for mass pulling dungeons? Like pallies and warriors have block to mitigate a ton of damage, do DKs or even hunters have anything comparable?
    Well Parry/Dodge And then Blood Shield. For DK's, I can pull a lot on my DK without and problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood DK's Have massive self healing plus blood shield plus AotD for when things get hairy. They Have soo many defensive cooldowns its not even funny. It is hard to die as a blood DK. Not many classes can mitigate spell damage like a blood DK can.
    Here's to you and here's to me. The best of guildmates we shall be. And if ever we should disagree. /Gkick you, and here's to me.

On fights with physical damage, Druids do pretty well. I've soloed all of the MoP normal dungeons, and some encounters in BD 10N, and I'm far from a seasoned raider.. but Blood DK's just embarrass us. Our DK can solo Heroic Jin'rokh indefinitely until he gets Thundering Throw, then it's GG..

Frost Mages are pretty incredible dealing with huge pulls. You can keep them slowed and having big shatters with Frost Bomb will do tons of damage. Just don't let any of them actually hit you since you're wearing cloth and all.

Warlock and Blood DK's would be my bet. Both can do big pulls, easily recovers health, and can also manage to solo the big things like Lich King 25h. obviously DK's got the crown, as they are able to solo Sha of fear...

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    Frost Mages are pretty incredible dealing with huge pulls. You can keep them slowed and having big shatters with Frost Bomb will do tons of damage. Just don't let any of them actually hit you since you're wearing cloth and all.

Unfortunately a lot of mobs in dungeons are immune to most CC, including slows from frost. And it just takes a couple of CC immune mobs to completely ruin a mages solo career.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taik View Post
    Warlock and Blood DK's would be my bet. Both can do big pulls, easily recovers health, and can also manage to solo the big things like Lich King 25h. obviously DK's got the crown, as they are able to solo Sha of fear...
    With Exploit yes.
    Can locks solo LK 25 hc?
    Edit: I used google , yay me! Yes they can!
    Last edited by Kassina; 2013-07-09 at 09:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josefina View Post
    With Exploit yes.
    Can locks solo LK 25 hc?
    A few have done it, yes. You need 530+ for it but it's doable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLeF2FPp5U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvwtdH4yzes

DKs, Hunters and Locks. Warriors are actually pretty good for some stuff thanks to second wind so they'd probably be equal 4th with druids in my opinion.

DK, Hunter, Lock and Monk are the best of the best at the moment. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses for what they can solo and how they do it. Monks have the benefit of a healing off spec for fights like Valithria in ICC.

As a Monk I've been enjoying a great deal of solo content lately when bored, and I'm confident that the only class that would surpass the Monk's solo-capabilities would be the aforementioned Blood DK. With Brewmaster and Windwalker sharing the same gear, you can very effectively solo a huge variety of content including raid content up through (some) Cataclysm and many MoP dungeons.

Plus, Monks are a blast to play!

Deleted
    Enhance shamans are quite good as well. Not the best out there but still. Plenty of selfheals makes them pretty nice.
    I've been doing LK 25hc for a month now as enh, but havent tried any Cata-MoP bosses other than Alysrazor.

Basically I'd say any tank, any healer, and ranged. Just wanna avoid the melee-only classes. But, the winner as all have told you here is the DK. IMO the DK icon really needs to be changed to a crutch.

Deleted
    Mistweavers with good gear can solo almost anything imo..

I can put out around 80-90k steady dps single target, while still healing myself..

Deleted
    Enh shammies are great soloers, with plenty of self-heals, healing/survival/utility CD's (including pets) and insane burst dps. I've done a lot of WotLK/Cata raid bosses and all MoP normal/heroic dungeons. For speed farming we can pull huge amounts in the barrens (for example) and blow them up real fast.
    Last edited by mmoc33659a5ac3; 2013-07-10 at 11:55 PM.