Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    What classes are suited towards being able to solo raid content at a high level while still being able to clear 5 mans with great speed? I want an alt for this and am not really sure of what each class can do in mop as I havent played past 85 yet.
    Enhancement Shaman are good for this too. Free heals, Spreading Flame Shocks, burst, etc.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    What classes are suited towards being able to solo raid content at a high level while still being able to clear 5 mans with great speed? I want an alt for this and am not really sure of what each class can do in mop as I havent played past 85 yet.
    Pet classes and tanks with strong self-heals, the stronger the better.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Deleted
    (argh, double post delete plx)

The majority of classes Can solo at least some content even when its current if played correctly, to be on the safe side I'd agree with saying DK's have it easiest with monks in second.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

I think warlock is better for soloing than hunter is (I have a 541 warlock and 530 hunter, and don't think it's just because of ilvl), because of the self heals and extra damage mitigation. Can easily solo pretty much anything cata and below, and also easily solo MoP dungeons. My hunter is an alt so I'll admit I'm probably 1/2 as good at playing it, but I still think that while hunter definitely is better for dueling (and anything else where having a ton of cc rules), it's not better for pve solo content.

- - - Updated - - -

oh, but yeah, dk's are the best, obviously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Our DK can solo Heroic Jin'rokh indefinitely until he gets Thundering Throw, then it's GG..
    And you as a druid cannot? o.o
    I would have imagined it to be just as easy on a druid because you can basically chain both a dmg reduction cooldown and a healing cooldown all of the time while you have the debuff. Granted the raid will die, but I wouldn't imagine that you would. The soloing aspect should be just as fine for both classes.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blood DKs, Hunters, Locks, probably the best ones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    A few have done it, yes. You need 530+ for it but it's doable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRLeF2FPp5U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvwtdH4yzes
    If you got that ilvl, and decent pet micro in p1, its a free kill. First time I got past p1 (5-10 attempts) I killed it.

Remember to dismiss your pet every minut to get a slash from LK tho! (p2)

@OT Blood DK > Hunter > Lock for Soloing. Lock soloing might (if Soul Link goes through) take a giant nerf in 5.4

Lock > Hunter = DK for farming.

This is MOP. Every class has self heals and CC and damage and defensive cds and movement increasing effects and passive damage taken reductions and damage increasing CDS. All classes can do everything YOLO.

On topic: Hunter/Dk/Warlock for soloing shizzle.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Gonna have to second the "Monk" vote. Tank specs are obviously all good at it, but Windwalker has a great deal of dodge, proccing parry, a damage reflection "shield", tons of self-healing, fanastic single-target and AOE and if you're soloing older stuff the awful "cleave" mechanic they added can actually have a use. Don't know about Mistweaver since the intensive nerfs in 5.1/5.2 Unless you have well over 10,000 spirit, doing even remotely close to 50k single target DPS without going oom is nearly impossible.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    And you as a druid cannot? o.o
    I would have imagined it to be just as easy on a druid because you can basically chain both a dmg reduction cooldown and a healing cooldown all of the time while you have the debuff. Granted the raid will die, but I wouldn't imagine that you would. The soloing aspect should be just as fine for both classes.
    It's not a damage reduction cooldown, it's a dodge cooldown. There's a difference. And producing enough Rage to both keep SD up and heal yourself nonstop is just not possible.