10+ Year Old Account

Is picking Enhance or Elemental for PvP really a choice?

It seems every time I go into an arena as elemental, I get rocked, and cant output any damage. The only times I can really pump out damage is when they just blatantly ignore me. Enhance seems to be pretty strong, and survive a bit longer, while still putting out damage. I feel like I should go enhance just because of the survivability / damage in arenas. Thoughts? Everyone always says it's just preference, and I guess it is a lot of the time, but isn't one better than the other?

Quote Originally Posted by Resperina View Post
    It seems every time I go into an arena as elemental, I get rocked, and cant output any damage. The only times I can really pump out damage is when they just blatantly ignore me. Enhance seems to be pretty strong, and survive a bit longer, while still putting out damage. I feel like I should go enhance just because of the survivability / damage in arenas. Thoughts? Everyone always says it's just preference, and I guess it is a lot of the time, but isn't one better than the other?
    It all really depends on the comp you play with as well as if you're 2's or 3's. For example a mage and elemental play really well together in 2's bcuz the mage can peel for really well. Enh is really good in 2's bcuz ascendance is a heck of a CD, and if you have another bursty partner opponets die really fast. However as a shaman they're just some comps that you will not be able to beat because they counter your abilities far to well. (FERAL DRUIDS COME TO MIND HERE) an equally skilled feral vs and equally skilled shaman loses 100/100 times.

Elem and Enha are just not well rounded and equipped to handle PvP as reliably as, say, Mages or Druids.

Regardless of the spec you choose, a DPS Shaman will get "outgunned" against quite a few various compositions.

But that does not mean you are forbidden from having fun as Elem/Enha in PvP.

Ele and Enh are top tier specs right now. I'd revisit arena and see how you're doing with the latest patch.

As for Enh. I quit that shit, it was so boring.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    I quit that shit, it was so boring.
    ...wut...

I've been playing Enhancement since their entire rotation consisted of nothing but Flame Shock, Stormstrike and Earth Shock. I've played most specs in this game at endgame. I cannot possibly fathom how anyone could consider Enhancement boring...

D=
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    ...wut...

I've been playing Enhancement since their entire rotation consisted of nothing but Flame Shock, Stormstrike and Earth Shock. I've played most specs in this game at endgame. I cannot possibly fathom how anyone could consider Enhancement boring...

D=
    i guess the skillcap on ascendance was just too high for me.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    ...wut...

D=
    I agree enh is really fun to play how ever running oom after 2 heals is not fun. Lol I remember a match in 2's with me (enh) a mage vs a druid (resto) and a warrior. obviously I was the train target but I managed to survive long enough to kill the warrior, but I was sitting around sub 10% health when he died. Los'd went to heal my self, but hey no mana so I die from the resto druids dot >.>. Lol dnt think I ever wished I was an elemental more ever after that match lol

I know you don't wanna hear it is personal preference, but it is. Both specs are so strong right now and if anything pick the style you like to play: melee vs caster. I prefer melee but I have my ret for that. So elemental is my choice. And for damage there is no comparison elemental out does enhancement by a long shot. I suggest taking what spec you like and spam queue random bgs. Learn what abilities are best to use at certain health percentages or during enemy CDs.
    Also ele works best with a healer in 2's. I have ran every healer/ele comp. Priest is my favorite. And dbl dps I have ran with ret, dk, lock, rogue, ww, hunter, spriest, mage, warrior, feral. I suggest running with dk or spriest if you wanna run dbl dps.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    i guess the skillcap on ascendance was just too high for me.
    An ele shaman can do enhance-ascendance-level burst at pretty much any time. Let's not pretend that it's so much harder to be successful as elemental.